Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most expensive drink you've drank?

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Had 150 year old Hennessy once... it was absolutely delicious. The nicest booze I've ever tasted.

It costs 2,500 a bottle..... :eek:

(I wasnt buying the round... it was in the Hennessy tasting tour!)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Hennessy X.O. most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I bought a beer at the o2 once......dear lord what was I thinking. I think it was €6 per bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

100 euro bottle of champagne. Drank it out of a plastic cup.

Lets see how the snobs like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Anyone wrote: »
    Went on the piss in Oslo once....once.

Yep, same here, once is enough as it's €8 for a glass (not pint) of their local beer in a bar and €14 for a lukewarm bottle of Carlsberg in a night club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Was there for new years once - it would've been cheaper to go out in dublin AND get mugged on the way home! And every second pub/club/restaurant shut up at around 9pm - on new years eve!!:eek: Beautiful place full though

It is a lovely city, but prior to afformentioned pissup, I went to the HardRock cafe, burger+fries and a beer....€35.

Near the end we were drinking some mad **** cocktails in a tiki bar(dont ask), they must have been 25-30 euro each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

100 euro bottle of champagne. Drank it out of a plastic cup.

Lets see how the snobs like that.

Lol that's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Two years ago a friend of mine
    told me Alize and Cristal blows your mind

Bear witness to the dopest fvcking rhyme I wrote
    Taking off my coat, clearing my throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

€18 for a vodka and a dash of orange in most of the nightclubs in Ibiza. €10+ for bottles of water. All after paying between €50 and €70 just to get in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

My debs a few years back my boyfriend went to the bar for 2 vodka redbulls 35euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

€18 for a vodka and a dash of orange in most of the nightclubs in Ibiza. €10+ for bottles of water. All after paying between €50 and €70 just to get in the door.

in all fairness most people arent drinking in them places anyways :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

39 CHF or 32 EUR for a normal bottle of Calsberg in Java , a nightclub in Geneva,Switzerland- I was sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

didn't drink nor buy this but seen it in LAX as couple of months ago $25,000 bottle of Glenfiddich truly bonkers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

smurgen wrote: »
    39 CHF or 32 EUR for a normal bottle of Calsberg in Java , a nightclub in Geneva,Switzerland- I was sickened

Carlsberg dont do nightclubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Almost forgot, I paid €300 for a hand shandy once.

Carlsberg dont do nightclubs

but if they did, it certainly wouldn't be charging €32 for a bottle like this kip ffs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

got a big win in the bookies once and splashed out on a bottle of cristal...because i could....madness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Anyone wrote: »
    It is a lovely city, but prior to afformentioned pissup, I went to the HardRock cafe, burger+fries and a beer....€35.

Near the end we were drinking some mad **** cocktails in a tiki bar(dont ask), they must have been 25-30 euro each.

I purchased two litre bottles of Absolut in Dublin airport for €10 each, along with an 8 pack of RedBull, as we knew that it was going to be really expensive.

It was a wise move because I spend over €100 in a only few hours on food and drinks in a local bar so nipped back to the hotel to get wasted before hitting the club.

Unbelievably expensive up there but the women are absolutely phenomenal looking to balance everything out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

smurgen wrote: »

is that around the corner from visual basic

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

My brother buys loads of weird things for the bar. He bought a bottle of alcohol with a cobra in it, that cost a couple of hundred.

Most expensive I've actually drank was a bottle of champagne costing over 3,000 euro. My sister got it free from her old job :) I'll stick to my 5euro lidl wine I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Gypsy Tears. Didn't cost me money, but I shed a lot of blood to get them.

I had a glass of Midleton once. It was at a friends house, so I didn't pay for it, but it would probably have been worth about €20.

I spent €13 on a tall glass (not a pint) of some kind of lager in a tittie bar in Amsterdam. My friend fainted and we had to carry him out, so I didn't even get to drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Gypsy Tears. Didn't cost me money, but I shed a lot of blood to get them.

I had a glass of Midleton once. It was at a friends house, so I didn't pay for it, but it would probably have been worth about €20.

I spent €13 on a tall glass (not a pint) of some kind of lager in a tittie bar in Amsterdam. My friend fainted and we had to carry him out, so I didn't even get to drink it.
    Must have been some tittiesbar

Fainted because of the price or because of the titties? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I hate the word titties :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is there anything you don't hate? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Me too :(

2 bottles of vodka, 6 cans and 2 bottles of mixer - 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The original fat frogs, 3 bottles of woodies mixed together. It was something like €15 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Not the most expensive but the best, €50 for 6 x 330ml bottles of Westvletern XII.

Best beer in the world, literally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Was there for new years once - it would've been cheaper to go out in dublin AND get mugged on the way home! And every second pub/club/restaurant shut up at around 9pm - on new years eve!!:eek: Beautiful place full though

dont understand this, been there many times and its about the same price as dublin everywhere i go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

The missus wanted a cocktail in winters in dundrum, cost me €21 for one and they were tiny!!

Advertisement