Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most expensive drink you've drank?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Probably the £9 cocktail I had at a friend's hen party at some fancy pants salsa bar in London. Only ordered the one because I hate being ripped off.

I think anyone who spends hundreds or thousands on a drink is a bit of an idiot, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Probably the £9 cocktail I had at a friend's hen party at some fancy pants salsa bar in London. Only ordered the one because I hate being ripped off.

I think anyone who spends hundreds or thousands on a drink is a bit of an idiot, tbh.

That's because hundreds or thousands are a lot of money to you. Some people out there would think you were crazy spending £9 on a cocktail.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Katy89

a 0,3 l bottle of some ordinary tasting beer in a bar in melbourne cbd for 15 australian dollars (12 €)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

summerskin wrote: »
    That's because hundreds or thousands are a lot of money to you. Some people out there would think you were crazy spending £9 on a cocktail.

I

I thought I was crazy too. It pained me to do it and I never would have picked that bar for my own night out. Just didn't want to order nothing and make my friend feel awkward on her hen....the £9 was the cheapest cocktail. I don't get people who choose to spend hundreds or thousands on a drink...how can they not see it as a waste of money? Even if they are filthy rich?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

a bottle of "champagne" (read - sparkling white) at the galway races - E90
    Ive drank some expensive whiskies, due to a couple of friends who are afficinados, but I hate the stuff, and may as well have been drinking p1ss...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Given a present of a bottle of Cristal from my sister for a BIG birthday, had no idea how expensive it was and decided to open it one night after falling p****d in the door with friends one night, cant even remember drinking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    A glass of Dom Perignon, i used to work in Ron Blacks (pub on Dawson St Dublin), some rich american family were having an engagement party... long story short, they had ordered 20 bottles of Dom, myself and the other bar man kept half a bottle:eek: and drank it at the end of the night. It was unbelievably good, (at €190 a bottle it would bloody well want to be!). I felt like a proper posh c*nt.;)

Went to Far East with mate last year, flew first class on emirates from Hong Kong to Bangkok, he got an amazing price of €350 each return. The champagne in first is Dom 2.5 hour flight each way we fairly put the stuff away. Between the two flights I defo put away 3 bottles cheapest Dom I ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

You've drunk, I think you'll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.

Back when we had more money than sense

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

10 dollar shot of tequilla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    I thought I was crazy too. It pained me to do it and I never would have picked that bar for my own night out. Just didn't want to order nothing and make my friend feel awkward on her hen....the £9 was the cheapest cocktail. I don't get people who choose to spend hundreds or thousands on a drink...how can they not see it as a waste of money? Even if they are filthy rich?

Among the rich everything is a status symbol, drink highest among them. It's not about the drink, it's about the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I was ripped off at a supermarket when they charged me 59c for a Dutch Gold instead of the usual 58c.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

have spent £10 on a cocktail in chester (an il presidente, was all booze and gets ya fairly whacked) on a night out and £50 quid on a bottle of champagne at the races. Would rather a pint most of the time though.
    My gfs grandad bought a bottle of these one night http://www.brewdog.com/product/sink-the-bismarck said it tasted like ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I drank in Singapore.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I paid 24.00 euros for two glasses of gin in Malta this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Buckfast, cause I'm classy as shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hennessy XO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    A glass of Dom Perignon, i used to work in Ron Blacks (pub on Dawson St Dublin), some rich american family were having an engagement party... long story short, they had ordered 20 bottles of Dom, myself and the other bar man kept half a bottle:eek: and drank it at the end of the night. It was unbelievably good, (at €190 a bottle it would bloody well want to be!). I felt like a proper posh c*nt.;)

i had a drink in there once, the price list is not for the faint of heart, they sell 20k bottles of bubbley in there, anyone ever drop one by accident? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Midleton is the most expensive drink I ever bought, very nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Drank a few $300 bottles of Vodka between us in Pacha Nightclub in New York one night.

Free in the VIP though......thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

A little bit off-topic but during the matches in Poland at the Euros I remember seeing lads frantically stocking up on armfuls of Carlsberg in the stadium at €5 a pop.

They were all non-alcoholic beers.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

$35 dollars for a can of guinness in a club in hollywood a few years ago! luckily we managed to get most of the tab wiped at the end of the night :) E16 quid for a glass of wine for one of chapters one cheapest wasnt exactly a steal either!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

€11 pint of crappy Norwegian domestic beer in Sandefjord Torp airport while waiting for a flight to Poznan.

You can only imagine how much my eyes lit up on getting 6 pints for €11 in the fanzone later that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Whisky sour, €20.00 plus tip in Harry's Bar, Venice

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Mine would be a €150 bottle of Champagne I won at a work party one year.... ended up drinking it straight from the bottle at a house party at 5am. Was fairly polluted, but I do remember it being very very nice alright.

Apart from that, I'd say €18.00 for a long island iced tea in a cocktail bar. Can't remember if it was Cork or Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Can't remember exactly.

I've paid about €7 or €8 for a cocktail before.

I did share a €150 bottle of vodka before but I wasn't paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I paid €12 for a bottle of San Miguel at a club in Ibiza. That's a mistake you don't make twice - extreme rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭secman

That drink i bought the now missus in 1975, little did i know then how much that drink would really cost !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Guinness, approx €70,000 from 1989-2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

was drinkin in the students union one day when we decided to go out. I picked up a cheap half bottle of vodka. before we went out i won a bet by downing the whole thing in one. woke up the next mornin in a police cell. they interviewed me while i was still clearly lamped. then court a few days later and a £400 fine. most expensive bottle of vodka iv ever had.

Advertisement