Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

100% a ball, we pulled over after he swerved cause he was rattled,could see it rolling down towards the metal divide in the road,looked like an O'Neills gaa ball if I remeber correctly.There wasn't even the sound of a car nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Something very similar happened my friend from college a few years ago. He shared a house with three other lads. This only happened to him but a few times when he was on his own in the house he would hear a noise, a creaking noise like someone was continually opening and closing a wardrobe door in one of the bedrooms.

At first he thought it was someone messing with him. The noise would get increasingly louder until he went to the room and the noise would just stop as soon as he got to the door. He searched the room and couldn't find anything that could have made the noise, this happened a few times with the same result. He was getting quite freaked out about and had even considered moving house but didn't want to lose his deposit.

Then one night when his friends were out he heard the wardrobe noise from upstairs again. He tried to ignore it but after a few minutes of this there was a crash from the room, like a mirror fell and broke. He ran into the kitchen and got a knife he was that scared, after a few minutes of silence he went upstairs to see what it was, he opened the door to the room and tried turn on the light but it didn't work. He took a few steps into the room trying to see what had crashed and just as he was a few feet in he felt something brush past him. He froze on the spot and wanted to leave but couldn't move, the door closed and left the room was in complete darkness, then the creaking wardrobe noise started again, opening and closing. His housemates came home later that night and found him in the wardrobe dead. Dead thirsty, he was physically grand.

Hope that reassures you.
    If the housemates found him dead in the wardrobe, how was he able to tell them what happened that night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ScriptedAlibi

Had a vivid dream about my Grandad before after a particularly bad night, where he told me everything would be okay. It was more comforting than creepy though. My Aunty has had a few things happen with dreams though. The night her neighbour died she had a dream that she saw her lying by the phone in the hallway; she was found there dead the next morning.

I'm not religious, but I like to think I'm open minded when it comes to that kind of thing. I'd never dismiss anyone who strongly felt they'd experienced something out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

When I was 17 I was cycling home from a friends house at around half 11/12am, I decided to take a shortcut from Goatstown/Kilmacud up what is now the link road between Sandyford and Kilmacud.

The road wasn't finished was locked off with gates and passed by a housing estate too. I had my headphones on and a tape playing Sum41s better off dead,

I remember that vividly because I thought it was foreboding.

When I was cycling over the Luas bridge I hit a massive pothole and went head first into the ground, knocking out all my top teeth, fracturing my jaw and skull and being unconscious for about 2 hours,

After a walk home in shock, I don't remember how that happened only a taxi driver picked me up in Balally and took me home and copious amounts of morphine, Had my jaw wired shut and teeth put back into my skull. Two months later I was remembering all that happened talking about it with my mum during breakfast one morning,

I mentioned that I thought I saw an old woman, about 4'5 less than 5ft at least in height wearing all black, a shawl/head scarf and her hair in a tight bun.

The cup of tea in my mums hand dropped. When the shock wore off her, she said the woman I described used to live up the road from where I had my accident, She was called "Aunt Nin" and looked after my granddad when he was a boy. She went to my nan and granddads and got a photo of the exact same woman I had seen.

She said that she was looking over me that night.

Another one again from the same time,

I was cycling home from school and passed a guy on the road, He was known around the Sandyford area as a bit of a nutjob, As I cycled by him he pushed me out into the road, luckily there was no traffic coming or i'd be dead.

<snip>

Made my blood boil as I always avoided him since, he had been in trouble with the gardai before but think always had some sympathy cause of his condition, should have been locked up a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

If the housemates found him dead in the wardrobe, how was he able to tell them what happened that night?

Highlight the last few sentences, all will be revealed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Highlight the last few sentences, all will be revealed
    Phew!

allanb49, I've snipped your post.

Please do not make such accusations on thread. That is a matter for the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Had a vivid dream about my Grandad before after a particularly bad night, where he told me everything would be okay. It was more comforting than creepy though. My Aunty has had a few things happen with dreams though. The night her neighbour died she had a dream that she saw her lying by the phone in the hallway; she was found there dead the next morning.

I'm not religious, but I like to think I'm open minded when it comes to that kind of thing. I'd never dismiss anyone who strongly felt they'd experienced something out of the ordinary.

I had a similar thing, was very close with my Gran who passed away New Years Day 2006. I was living in England at the time, got home for the funeral & the thing that stuck with me was my Mum was outside the ER room talking with a doctor, looked in at the room,my Gran waved at her, Mum turned back to the Doc, and then all hell broke loose, my Gran had a massive heart attack on the bed, Docs & Nurses rushed in with crash cart/defib etc, and the doors were closed, Mum couldn't get in to her.

It used to really upset me to think she died on her own in there, with no family around her. One night, about 2 years later, I was watching Scrubs when someone died in a similar situation. I went to bits crying, and couldn't get Gran outta my head, the fact that she died on her own with none of us there.

That night, I had a dream where I was her in the bed-I looked out on the corridor, could see my Mum talking to a Doc, and thought "there's Mary out in the corridor" waved, and then noticed all the nurses and Docs around me panicking. I started wondering what was going on and worrying, and then realised I was dying and started freaking out even more! As the doors started to close out on to the corridor, I suddenly saw my Grandad (Joe) walking through the door in his brown suit, with yellow shirt, and his thick glasses, and thought "ahh it's grand, Joe's here, I'm fine."

I woke up in floods of tears, and yet, so relieved. Some people will write it off as coincidence, or the mind trying to reassure me, as I'm still heartbroken that she left us (even though she'd be 91 if she was still here!) but I've had a few other little moments like that since she's gone that have helped me :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

This thread is a brilliant read!

I didn't have too many unnerving experiences, but I remember one that happened during my childhood. These days I tell myself I must have dreamt it, but, well, my memory won't believe that for a second.

I must have been about 5 or 6 years old at the time. We were living in Germany, in the top floor apartment in an old villa. We were just under the roof, so most of the wall would slant inwards, and most of the windows were dormer windows looking out at the neighbouring houses' roofs.

I remember waking up one night feeling thirsty. So I got up and padded into the kitchen to get a glass of water. We never pulled any blinds or curtains in our house, so even at night it was usually just about bright enough to see and find your way around, especially on clear nights with full moon.

I went up to the sink, stood on my toes and poured the glass of water. The sink was right under one of those dormer windows, and the window was looking across a small section of garden right onto the roof of the house next door.

As I was standing there sipping my water and looking out of the window, I noticed an odd shadow. It was right in the middle of the roof next door... In my mind, I was going through everything I knew to be on the top of our house - the TV aerial, the chimney, but nothing seemed to match that shadow in the moonlight on the red rooftiles next door. I started looking closer at it. It was very clear, with very sharp edges to it, no fuzziness at all, so it must have been close to the roof I thought, as shadows do get hazier the further the thing casting it is away from the surface it is cast onto, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it could be. The longer I looked, the more I thought that I could make out a hunched shape of something... a head of sorts, looking to the left of me, and a crouched-down body.
    While I was still staring at this shadow, trying to make out more details or figuring out if it wasn't a shadow but someone sitting on next door's roof in the middle of the night, it's head snapped around and I knew it was now staring straight at me.
    And it was not a nice kind of stare either.
    The next second, it leapt across the gap between the two houses towards the window I was standing behind, and in one bound was right the other side of that window, still staring fixedly at me.

I screamed, turned around and ran into my parent's bedroom to hide under the covers. I told them what I had seen, I remember I called it a "witch", but of course they told me I just had a bad dream.

Which is what I, too, would be thinking now, if it hadn't felt so utterly un-dream-like. I used to have lots of nightmares as kid, and by the time this happened I had trained myself to recognise I was dreaming and to wake myself up. I was actually really, really good at that.
    This, however, was entirely different.

I'll never know what it was, so a dream is as good an explanation as any, but even typing this I remember how petrified I had been when that thing leapt at me across the garden, and I can to this day, 3 decades later, see it clearly in my minds eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Derekmcauley7

hada wrote: »
    Broadly speaking, whether or not you believe in the paranormal/ghosts/the boogie man or whatever, I've always believed that buildings or specific areas have a tendency to soak up the sort of atmosphere of previous events - be it incredibly happy or horrific.

By way of example, if any of you have visited the concentration camps in Germany or Austria, it's a well established fact that the birds simply DO NOT fly in or around the camp (despite being in their hundreds in the relatively close proximity). The minute you walk in, it's as if the mute button is pressed and you go from hearing the loud chirping of the birds to silence. Regardless of the wildlife, the place actually reeks of death.

The same can be said of particular buildings that terrible things have happened in. I know of one house where due to it's previous owner and tragic death, screams can often be heard emanating from the house in the evening. This isn't hear say either, imo. Weirdly enough, old dance hall from where I'm from, and when out walking the dog one evening, I could actually see a light in it. I figured someone was having a few sly drinks in there, etc.. It wasn't until I got closer that I could actually here the faint sound of music, chatter and commotion as if there was a full party in swing. This is a derelict building that hasn't been used in circa 30-40 years. And even then, the music wasn't of the "show band era" - it seemed older (40-50s). I don't go that route anymore.

I'm sorry but I went to Auschwitz and Dachau. When I went to these places someone said to me (on both occasions) "birds don't fly over.....". So I kept a look out for birds and they DO indeed fly over the camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ScriptedAlibi

I just remembered something else.

I've always had this vivid memory from when I was a kid that no-one can seem to shed any light on. I remember an old man who used to sit beside my cot when I was about 1 or 2 years old. He had one of those old hats on and used to sit on a small stool playing a harmonica. But no matter who I ask, no-one seems to know who he was! I can still see him clearly in my head to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the reports of weird sky sounds heard accross the northern hemisphere in 2011? Theres a scientific explanation btw but they sound like something from a horror film. 20seconds into the Budapest vid kind of spooked me a good deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsrFXM2RT-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb-v8fvgtJQ

This is the exact sound I heard that night. Has anyone go any more information on what causes the sounds?
    Creepiest thing that happened to me was years ago when I was quite young. I used to share a bedroom with my brother at the back of our house and one night I was awoken by a rhythmic humming sound. It would increase in intensity and then decrease again. I thought it was just machinery or something, but then it started to get louder and louder as the minutes passed. A light then started to shine through the curtains. It too got brighter and more intense as the humming got louder.

This went on for around 20 minutes and my brother was still fast asleep as if he couldn't hear a thing. I was petrified and didn't dare move in bed. I had no idea what was causing the light and sound. Eventually the sound became deafening and the light lit up the whole room, as if whatever was causing it was right outside the window. I had to get up and see what it was.

Nervously I opened a slit in the curtains and......................everything stopped. Immediately. The sound was gone and the light had disappeared. I pulled open the curtains to get a good look, nothing, just the back garden.

My heart was still pounding so couldn't get back to sleep for an hour or so. To this day I've no idea what it was, but it scared the absolute **** out of me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

One of my youngest memories is of waking up in my cot beside my parent's bed one morning, standing up, looking at their bed and there were two men with black hair who I had never seen before in the bed instead of Mammy and Daddy. Cue me freaking out.
    My mother arrived quickly and told me to be quiet and took me out of the room.

My grandfather had just died and the two men in the bed were two of her brothers who had arrived during the night from New York for the funeral. I was just two years old and put in the cot while my baby brother slept in the single bed next door with my folks (found all this out later in life when I remembered to ask). I must have got an awful fright to still remember it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Roisy7 wrote: »
    Sometimes my old radio would pick up on pilots heading to Shannon- always at 11am on a sat morning I'd hear "cabin crew prepare for landing" and such :D I loved it! Mind you I wouldn't have if I'd heard "mayday!"

This happened to my friend's boyfriend's colleague's friend so it's prob an urban legend but still such a freaky story:

This girl was working in Paris one summer and she would get the metro back to where she was living. Anyway the metro is quite dodgy at night and she was nervous enough being in a practically empty carriage.

There is only one other passenger, a middle-aged man reading a newspaper.

Two guys get on at the first stop. They're obviously drunk or on something and the girl feels immediately frightened. Worse again, they're carrying a girl between them, propping her up and dragging her to a seat opposite the Irish girl.

Now the girl with the two guys is out of it on drink or drugs. She keeps lolling forwards, she's glassy-eyed and the guys keep picking her up. They make her lean back and she spends the journey staring at the Irish girl.

These guys are dog rough and she feels very intimidated by the trio. She doesn't know especially when the girl's gonna snap out of it and she hates the way she's staring at her.

At the next stop the middle-aged man gets up and sits next to her. She wonders what the hell he's playing at.

Behind his newspaper, he says to her in English "get out at the next station, trust me".

The girl is terrified. She can trust no one on this train. She thinks if she does do what the man says she can make a run for it to her flat, the next station is open air and not too far from where she lives.

She gets out and runs like hell. The man chases after her, shouting "stop! Stop!"

He catches up with her and it takes her a while to calm down and listen.

"I'm sorry I frightened you," the man says. "You were in danger from those people.

"You see, I'm a doctor. The girl with those men- she wasn't drunk. She was dead."

I couldn't sleep the first time I heard that story!!

Paris story is definately not true, when I started reading this thread I remembered being told an almost exact story in primary school and thinking that's one for this thread. Difference in my story being that the woman had to get off at the next train station where the police were waiting for the twp men/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

smurgen wrote: »
    posted this a year ago in after hours,only real life thing i have no explaination for at all:

"was coming home one night from a house party in Blarney my friend was driving and I was **** faced drunk in the passanger seat. We were heading back to Cork using the dual carridgeway that comes up past the Commons hotel and restaurant.

It was about 3 in the morning and we were in an area of the dual carridge way where there were no light or cars or anything around us. Two of us were silent and next think a soccer ball hit the windscreen really hard and dead on coming from the direction of the centre of the road. Two of us got the fright of our lives and the friend nearly crashed the car, duno how it happened til this day!"

-Still feel weird thinking about it,the ball hit the windscreen so hard it was riduculous and it came from the direct centre of the road in front of us,if someone had kicked it we would have ploughed them down. Couldn't have been another car either cause there was none visible,not even brake lights.

We were driving past that road except in the opposite direction and a stone hit the top of the car, I didn't have a clue what was going on, the driver swerved off to the left up a little side road to the top of a hill with houses and this boy was standing there sh@tting himself crying saying sorry ( dono why he didn't run off)

Maybe it was the same boy :-D
    But cos the hill is so high above the road anyone throwing something down will have a big impact. Little f^ckers don't care if they cause crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This is the exact sound I heard that night. Has anyone go any more information on what causes the sounds?
    A recording. All them videos are hoaxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Quazzie wrote: »
    A recording. All them videos are hoaxes

Well I heard it for real once. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Im positive I have posted this true story here before, but cant find it.......spooky huh! :D

Anyway, I was working in Scotland, and on a regular basis would stay over for several nights in my mates house in Airdrie. It was an old house, quite grand in its day with stained glass in the hall, high ceilings etc. Occasionally my mate went away for the night on business down to London, leaving me to fend for myself. So I went to the local supermarket and got myself a microwave dinner and a couple of bottles of beer.

Got home, 9 ish, made the dinner and ate it in front of the tv, had one beer with it. There was nothing on TV so I had a look through his CD collection, and played a few, not really sticking with anything. About 11ish, Im sat on his sofa in the corner of the room, the tall lamp above my head, but it was dimmed slightly. The main room lights were off. I was sat next to the window to the dark back garden which had a blind pulled down the full length of it.

Id turned the music up and was sprawled back when from my right something caught my attention, a small flame coloured light, about the size of a tennis ball, it was spherical but the colour of light wasnt consistent, it kind of flickered as the ball of light began to move. It had my full attention by now, I watched it spiral and "dance" from about 2 feet above the ground to about 4. I felt intrigued not scared or intimidated (which surprised me)

As it danced and bobbed along the speed of the dips and swoops varied a bit as it shifted across my vision from right to left and moved over in front of the fire place where it stayed for a short while.

I was intrigued and wondered where the light source had come from, my phone was off, beside me on the sofa, the tv was off, the stereo was on but the lights on it were LED blue and red. I thought it must be something outside, someone out the back in the houses behind, I pulled back the blind but no, nothing. There was nothing as a source of this little bobbing light from outside. With the blind ddown, the slight gap at the side wouldnt have allowed the light to travel so far.

I continued to watch it, music still on. When it "danced and bobbed over to the stereo. It swooped at it a couple of times as I watched and then dove inside the stereo and the stereo went out as did the light above me, leaving me in the pitch black.

I have no idea where the fuse box is or if my mate has some spare fuses, so taking the hint I used my phone as a torch and went upstairs a little un-nerved. (Phoned my mate, he didnt pick up- bastard!)

Went to sleep eventually and in the morning went downstairs to find the stereo and light back on, no music as it was in stand by mode.

When I told my mate about it, he didnt say much, but I got the impression from his face that he knew exactly what I had experienced and unusually for him he didnt use it as ammo to take the piss.

I was down with my girlfriend in Cashel one time, I remember we where walking back to her place from the town,

We went up this alley where there was an old Church of Ireland church and graveyard in the back

It was pitch black as if all light had been sucked in, I remember clearly seeing the stars for the first time that night,

As we walked up this narrow st we heard a noise down one of the side alleys, thinking nothing of it we continued walking,

There was a sense of foreboding coming over me at that point, I saw a dark shadow, you know that feeling you get when someone is watching you....

I picked up the pace and in front of us another shape stepped out of the shadows, he'd been hiding in one of the doorways.

I tried to keep my nerve and not sound frightened and asked.

"What do you want?"

He replied back "Three fiddy"

It was at that point I realised that the shape was all of the sudden this huge creature, this giant crustacean from the Paleolithic Era

I shouted, I ain't giving you no money you damn loch ness monster, and we walked away leaving them there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great thread. A few chills and a good few belly laughs at various reactions

Nothing freaky happened to me but my mate's dad was driving home from the pub a few years ago (when they didn't know better...) down country roads. He was taking it easy when he heard an unreal loud bang and the roof started to cave in. He jumped out of the car, looked up and what looked like a dead horse on his roof!. He **** himself and starting running to his house, about a half mile away.

He grabbed his soon and went back to check. When he got there, the horse was gone but the dint in the roof was still there. The aulfella was still shaking and swears he wasn't just drunk and imagining it.

Not creepy but still a bit freaky...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Turnstyle

I had one weird/strange experience a few years back whilst in Brisbane, Australia.
    There was a good nightclub we used to often frequent down in the older part of the city, some readers may know of it. Anyway this Saturday night we arrived in there reasonably early (probably around 11 pm), we had not been out that long previous to arriving so we were all relatively sober including myself. Pretty much straight after arriving in I headed off to use the bathroom as we had been queued up outside for quite some time, it was a smaller bathroom, not the main one in the club. When I walked in there was only one cubicle beside the usual one or two urinals. I wanted the use of the cubicle which was being occupied so I stood in behind another guy who was also waiting as you do, Ozzy looking bloke probably around 6 ft tall, solid build. The cubicle frees up anyway and in goes your man ahead of me. I am waiting away there for a good few minutes, not one other person in the small bathroom. Next minute the cubicle door flies open and out with gusto comes this skinny black guy, about 5' 7, west African looking.. straight out the door and off into the nightclub with himself with pace. I am left looking into the empty cubicle thinking what the f*ck just happened here, am I loosing it or something. I examined that cubicle up and down for at least two minutes, solid tiled concrete (not partition) from floor to ceiling on all three sides.. I went back over the whole thing in mind again and again as the night went on. For the life of me I cant figure out how it happened or what exactly had happened but that is a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Not my story but I always remember my aunt talking this about when I was younger. She was sitting in the front room of her house near the window. Something moved past the window, it was the figure of a man but it went too fast to be human. The next thing she heard a huge crash at the door, she and my father ran out to see if someone was there and went looking outside but saw nothing, a person couldnt have ran from the house that fast. Exactly one week later, to the hour apparently, her uncle died. I was told that her uncle was asleep in his own house very nearby when they saw the figure. My father seems to think it was some out of body experience warning of death. Don't know if I fully believe it but it always freaks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We were driving past that road except in the opposite direction and a stone hit the top of the car, I didn't have a clue what was going on, the driver swerved off to the left up a little side road to the top of a hill with houses and this boy was standing there sh@tting himself crying saying sorry ( dono why he didn't run off)

Maybe it was the same boy :-D
    But cos the hill is so high above the road anyone throwing something down will have a big impact. Little f^ckers don't care if they cause crashes

no,that's more towads the traffic lights by the commons i'd say, I know that hill. This was about 3km up from those lights on the other side on your way out to Blarney and like i said it was 3 am or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I was driving a shortcut from Twentynine Palms, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Twentynine Palms is located in the desolate high desert east of LA. The shortcut was all two lane road through total nothingness, except for passing through Amboy, CA. Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as Death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. It was also, at the time, a hotspot for satanic group activity.

So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. I stopped in Amboy and snapped a picture of the city sign, just to prove I was there to friends who dared me to take that route to I-40. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive up into the mountain range between Amboy and I-40.

Once I reach the top I am driving north through a canyon with high grass on both sides of the road. Up ahead I see some stuff in the middle of the road. As I approach I slow down to see a red Pontiac Fiero stopped sideways across both lanes, a suitcase open with clothes scattered everywhere and two bodies laying face down in the road, a man and a woman.

I stop a hundred feet or so away and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. Something seemed very wrong, it looked too perfect as if it were staged. An ambush? Was I being paranoid? Something was just wrong. Getting out of the car seemed unthinkable, it was the horror movie move.

As I scanned the road I saw a line I could drive. Pass the guy in the road on his left, swerve to the right side of the woman, behind the Fiero and I'd be on the other side. I dropped it into first gear, punched it and drove the line I planned.

I passed the back of the Fierro without hitting it or either of the bodies in the road. I continued forward a couple hundred feet and slowed down so I could breathe and let my heart slow down. As I looked up into the rearview mirror I saw that the two bodies had gotten up to their knees and twenty or so people emerged from the tall grass on either side of the road by the car and bodies.

At that moment my right foot smashed the gas pedal to the floor and did not let up until I had to slowdown for the I-40 east onramp.

I will never know what would have happened to me had I gotten out of the car to check on the bodies or stopped my car closer to them. Somehow I do not think it would have been good. Sometimes real life can be scarier than a movie.

What the hell was going on there?

20 people???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jayob10 wrote: »
    What the hell was going on there?

20 people???

My guess would be film crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Dodge wrote: »
    My guess would be film crew

I'd say more like an attempt to rob someone or worse. I've heard of stuff like that happening - people faking accidents and then taking advantage of the good samaritan who stops to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I’ve experienced a lot of weird and wonderful stuff, would take me ages to post them all. Two examples for you. Was in Uni in the UK years ago and I had twelve hours to deadline for an essay that had to be in – I was properly snowed under. A 3rd year who had a bit of a thing for me said he would give me a hand and to come around to his for the evening and we’d work on my essay together. He lived a couple of miles outside town in an old stone cottage which was up a deserted lane way. We were at the kitchen table getting down to some work when out of the corner of my eye, I kept catching (or just missing) the sight of a small person at the door across from us which led out into the hall. This aura was there all the time and yet every time I looked up, it would suddenly disappear. It was very disconcerting and I couldn’t really focus on my work because of it as it was very clear that there was someone “there”. As it transpired, the house had taken in refugee children from London during WW2 and a little girl of ten had hung herself in the room upstairs during that time.

I was also very close to my Nana who died a couple of years ago. I often get a very strong smell of her (oftentimes when I am upset) and also a strong smell of flowers will suddenly come into the room. A few weeks after she died my Mum had a very vivid dream where she phoned up to tell her “not to worry, I’m doing absolutely fine” which was a huge comfort to my Mum. The strangest thing of all is that while my Nana was ill (lets call her Mary) I took a beautiful photo of her with her doing a little wave and put a caption on it with “Mary says hello”. I took this picture on my old Nokia phone which broke some time afterwards, the phone was thrown in a drawer with no battery or SIM. My beloved Nana passed soon after. However a few months after, the text which I had sent with her picture and “Mary says hello” went to a number of relatives at random different times and days (months after her passing) with her picture and her saying hello…..we actually got a good laugh out of it as she was full of mischief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

allanb49 wrote: »
    After a walk home in shock, I don't remember how that happened only a taxi driver picked me up in Balally and took me home and copious amounts of morphine, Had my jaw wired shut and teeth put back into my skull. Two months later I was remembering all that happened talking about it with my mum during breakfast one morning,
    That's one helluva taxi driver - one who collects injured waifs and strays, supplies and gives copious amounts of morphine, and does facial surgery on the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Between myself and friends / relations etc,. We all lived at various stages in the same apt in Dublin City Centre for approx 15years

It was an old house converted into three apartments.The Landlord made his money a long time ago so the rent was dirt cheap.
    As a result there was always a spare room for a few weeks / months if somebody needed it.

Anyway, I moved out for a few years but I was still friends with all the lads and found myself needing a room for a few months and I moved back in around this time last year.
    This coincided with the end of our time there as everybody was going their seperate ways and we were handing back the keys.

One night I woke up on the couch, late enough, and was heading for bed. I was alone in the apt and left my phone on the counter when I was getting a drink of water.
    My phone literally jumped off the counter and onto the couch. There is no way it could have fallen. It was on a flat surface and even if it had of fallen for some reason it would not have fallen as far as the couch.
    Needless to say this freaked the bejaysus out of me but thankfully it was one of our last nights there.
    However, for the remaining time we were there I always felt an uneasy feeling in the place.
    It was as if something knew we were leaving and did not want us to.

spooky!

Advertisement