Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

godeas16 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJsLSxCuoQ

I always fund this video interesting, if you look very closely you can make it out.

You b*****d. Im here on my own and nearly had a heart attack. Even the dog jumped!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I went home to Spain for a siesta and my landlord opened my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

There's one story that always sticks with me and most likely an urban myth, but it's still bloody scary!

There's a website where a guy has posted all his e-mail correspondences with a friend. When they were younger, they had another friend who became despondent and disappeared or died. One of the guys receives a letter in the post and decides to go back to their home town for some reason. He e-mails his other friend about going to their old friends house. Then the e-mails stop. I think the other friend then gets a letter in the post. Something happens and then his friends gf tries to track down the bf and vanishes too. I think the gf of the guy goes too. Something about an evil house.

Can only remember bits of it but if anyone can point me to that website with all the (fake) e-mails, I'd be grateful. It was a great and creepy read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I have another story.. This alot more creepy.

So there last year every one was going away. So my mother got a babysitter for my sister. We left the house and after a long night, I came home. The babysitter was there when I walked in, them mother called me to drop home the babysitter as she didn't drive. There was a silence when I was dropping home the babysitter. I pulled up in front of her house, she got up. I then noticed there was a gummy de milo, stuck to the babysitters arse, so I reached over and peeled it off. She screamed, "Thank you!" said I. she then ran into her house and I drove off. I still to this have no idea why she screamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Top thread, this. Some great reads.

I remembered a funny one from when I was a student. One for the pub to remind my friends when I see some of 'em over Christmas/New year.

A small group of us went to a friend's house out the country for a weekend as his parents were away on holiday. The plan was to cook, eat and watch tons of videos (what can I say, I'm getting old), and just chill out until Sunday. So armed with food, drink and videos off we went on that Friday afternoon/ evening.

That night, quite dark out, instead of staying in the house as planned, we decided to take a walk down to the pub. The pub was a bit of a walk away but as the weather was dry we decided to head out.
    During the walk there, our friend told us a local story he had heard about two gates at opposite sides of the main road that leads down to the village. The story, if I remember correctly, was that the gates are always left open because there used to be an old lane way there before the road was built and the ghost of a woman was often seen crossing over the road between the gates -- and she always opens the gates, if they're closed.
    So, one of the lads laughing, runs back and securely closes both gates and off we go, continued down to the pub. Happily, once the pub, and after hours of the usual banter and craic, and our fill of good guinness, we head back up the road to the house laughing and talking, not thinking anything until we come to the spot where the gates were.. it was very dark and it took us a while to see clearly, but yes, needless to say, they were both wide open.. never did I sober up so fast, we legged it home with such speed, as if the hounds of hell were at our heels.. nothing like fright to get you to move, elbowing each other out of the way so as not to be the last one on the road.. we fell in the door, and once in, pissed ourselves laughing. Thinking it was all one big grand joke and that we weren't really scared, it was just the drink.

The next day and night, we stayed in and watched all our movies. Not one of us suggested the pub again, even the lure of good Guinness wouldn't shift us out that second night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Great thread!...Not so much when I read it alone at 3am last night!

I did a tour of the South Bridge Vaults in Edinburgh too, creepiest damn place ever. I got the whole freezing cold, bit dizzy thing, and am adamant someone/something nudged my side or put their arm around me when there wasn't anybody near me, but the creepiest thing that happened there wasn't overly scary, just....made us nervous and creeped us out.

Inside one of the vaults (between the vaults you go into and the torture room one) is a Wiccan church. Altar set up, candles, tapestries/big black and purple cloths or sheets, symbols, etc, etc. The tourguide said take a look through the gates but as it's sacred ground to those who use it you can't go in. He walked away and a pregnant woman on the tour looks in, opens the latch on the gate, goes in, closes the gate and starts mocking it from the inside out to the rest of us. She was doing "Wooo oooh so scary" noises, laughing, just generally mocking it. Myself and my friend just stared at her convinced she was going to burst into flames or something :o Just because she obviously didn't believe in it or anything doesn't mean she should have disrespected it like that, you'd think you'd behave yourself in any church/temple etc. The fact that she was pregnant just scared us more, we were convinced the kid was going to be the devil or something. It really just sent shivers down our spines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Why did I read this thread.... :(

A few weird ones that happened to me

I used to go on midnight walks out here. All grand and dandy until one night, rather calm but very dark, I was walking down the road when I could hear the sound of galloping horses in the distance. It seemed to get louder and louder. I couldn't figure it. Suddenly, the sound was approaching me very quickly and I nearly shat myself. I didn't knowwhat it was, who it was or why. I froze in fear. The sound then veered away at the last second and galloped away. Needless to say, I didn't sleep a wink that night

Another time about 3 years ago on the M1 I was driving along, clear sky, clear road. Just before the north Dundalk exit the weather suddenly changed very rapidly, to thick fog. Speed reduced to a crawling pace. Continued on for a while and just at the Tallonstown exit, it ended as quickly as it had began, full clear sky again. Couldn't figure it atall

I await stories from other posters saying they were in the arse end of nowhere in Meath and randomly saw some grinning sh*te walking down the road at 2am, I have given people quite a scare like that before :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

wyrn wrote: »
    There's one story that always sticks with me and most likely an urban myth, but it's still bloody scary!

There's a website where a guy has posted all his e-mail correspondences with a friend. When they were younger, they had another friend who became despondent and disappeared or died. One of the guys receives a letter in the post and decides to go back to their home town for some reason. He e-mails his other friend about going to their old friends house. Then the e-mails stop. I think the other friend then gets a letter in the post. Something happens and then his friends gf tries to track down the bf and vanishes too. I think the gf of the guy goes too. Something about an evil house.

Can only remember bits of it but if anyone can point me to that website with all the (fake) e-mails, I'd be grateful. It was a great and creepy read.
    The Dionaea house is the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

soap1978 wrote: »
    The Dionaea house is the name of it.

Ah that's the one, cheers!

I know it's fake but it still sends shivers down my spine.
    Enjoy the Dionaea House read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Sounds like a lot of these people need to call Ghostbusters.

"We're ready to believe YOU."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I went home to Spain for a siesta and my landlord opened my post.

You went to Spain to have a long nap?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I have an odd one. Not scary but really creeped me out .

I was over the " far side" one day walking around Dalkey & just doing a general explore - people are always talking about Dalkey & the pubs & views & saying how nice it is & I decided to have an explore. Ended up getting TOTALLY lost around the back end of nowhere - narrow winding roads & was walking for hours. not a word of a lie. Van pulls up & guy rolls down window & says : " are you lost do you want a lift" . Something odd struck me but I was knackered so at that stage I'd said yes & got in & asked him to take me to the Dart. Realised when I got in, that he'd used my name.
    I didn't know him from Adam. Never seen him before or since. Convinced myself that I must have imagined it & as I got out they guy said see you & used my name again . Totally freaked me out .

Part two - same few minutes. I got onto the dart that was there & was heading back along the bay. Now I NEVER eat oranges ; since school I just hate them. But this particular day I had bought a plum ( of all alien things) and an orange & brought them with me in my rug sack for my " hike". Halfway along the bay A girl & a guy come into the carriage & come up to me & ask ; would you have any fruit : an orange or a plum.

There is no way they could have known.
    I was so shocked I unzipped the rug sack & just handed them to them.

Sat in shock the whole way back & haven't been over since.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I have an odd one. Not scary but really creeped me out .

I was over the " far side" one day walking around Dalkey & just doing a general explore - people are always talking about Dalkey & the pubs & views & saying how nice it is & I decided to have an explore. Ended up getting TOTALLY lost around the back end of nowhere - narrow winding roads & was walking for hours. not a word of a lie. Van pulls up & guy rolls down window & says : " are you lost do you want a lift" . Something odd struck me but I was knackered so at that stage I'd said yes & got in & asked him to take me to the Dart. Realised when I got in, that he'd used my name.
    I didn't know him from Adam. Never seen him before or since. Convinced myself that I must have imagined it & as I got out they guy said see you & used my name again . Totally freaked me out .

Part two - same few minutes. I got onto the dart that was there & was heading back along the bay. Now I NEVER eat oranges ; since school I just hate them. But this particular day I had bought a plum ( of all alien things) and an orange & brought them with me in my rug sack for my " hike". Halfway along the bay A girl & a guy come into the carriage & come up to me & ask ; would you have any fruit : an orange or a plum.

There is no way they could have known.
    I was so shocked I unzipped the rug sack & just handed them to them.

Sat in shock the whole way back & haven't been over since.

Yup Dalkey is a strange place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I remember a story my mam told me that creeped me out. in the 50's my mams family all lived in Donnycarney in dublin. It was a very tight knit community, doors left unlocked and neighbours would be popping in to each other and generally very friendly. My mam's aunt, Bridie was very close to the woman who lived next door, Bridie would have been in her mid 20's and the woman next door, lets call her Mary, was early 30's. one afternoon Bridie was out the back garden hanging her washing - there were no back walls - and so was Mary. They were chatting as they hung their washing on their washing lines and Bridie remembered that she promised Mary a lend of some knitting patterns that she had and she told Mary to put the kettle on and she'd be in for a cuppa tea and a chat with the patterns in a few minutes. So Bridie went in to her house and after rooting around for a few minutes she founds the patterns and headed out around the front into Mary's. She knocked on the door but got no response, so she turned the handle and walked in. From the front door Bridie could see Mary legs, Mary was lying face down on the kitchen floor. Bridie ran down the hall towards Mary but when she reached the kitchen doorway she froze and screamed. Mary's throat had been slit from ear to ear and she was lying in a massive pool of blood. Terrified Bridie ran out the front and screamed down the neighbourhood until help came.
    Later it transpired that the murderer was caught, he was the 19 year old son of the neighbour on the other side of Mary's house. He'd been waiting inside Mary's house with the plan of killing and raping her, Bridie had walked in after he'd completed the first part of his plan. And in his confession it also came out that he was hiding behind the kitchen door when Bridie found Mary's freshy murdered corpse. When Bridie ran out into the street, he stepped over the dead body and calmly walked back into his own house through the back doors.

But the story doesn't end there, a few months later after the guy had been sent off to prison, Bridie was out her back garden again, hanging the washing and of course the memory of that day wasn't far from her mind. She was thinking to herself of poor mary she was shedding a few tears at the thoughts of how she must have suffered. She suddenly felt Mary's presence near her and could hear her say "don't worry Bridie, I didn't feel a thing. It's alright". Bridie took a lot of comfort from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Great thread!...Not so much when I read it alone at 3am last night!

I did a tour of the South Bridge Vaults in Edinburgh too, creepiest damn place ever. I got the whole freezing cold, bit dizzy thing, and am adamant someone/something nudged my side or put their arm around me when there wasn't anybody near me, but the creepiest thing that happened there wasn't overly scary, just....made us nervous and creeped us out.

Inside one of the vaults (between the vaults you go into and the torture room one) is a Wiccan church. Altar set up, candles, tapestries/big black and purple cloths or sheets, symbols, etc, etc. The tourguide said take a look through the gates but as it's sacred ground to those who use it you can't go in. He walked away and a pregnant woman on the tour looks in, opens the latch on the gate, goes in, closes the gate and starts mocking it from the inside out to the rest of us. She was doing "Wooo oooh so scary" noises, laughing, just generally mocking it. Myself and my friend just stared at her convinced she was going to burst into flames or something :o Just because she obviously didn't believe in it or anything doesn't mean she should have disrespected it like that, you'd think you'd behave yourself in any church/temple etc. The fact that she was pregnant just scared us more, we were convinced the kid was going to be the devil or something. It really just sent shivers down our spines.

Well that room is fine it's the room with stone circle and nothing else that's really freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LiffeyValleyB

ONE TIME I WAS HITCHING FOR A LIFT HOME AT NIGHT AND A CAR PULLED IN ABOUT 10 FEET AHEAD THEN I WALKED UP AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THERE WAS A SKELETON DRIVING THE CAR

Yeah right, surely that can't be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinker217

This thread terrifies me but reminds me of something scary/creepy that happened in my childhood.

When I was about 7 I was staying with my mams friend Rita, just the two of us in the flat. Her in her room and me in the spare room on the other side of the flat. Anyways I went to sleep with the light on as I always did. I don't know how long I went to sleep for but I woke up and through my sleepiness could vaguely see someone standing above me. I thought at first that it was another of my mothers friends, a woman and it looked like she was smiling at me but when I blinked and opened my eyes properly I realised it was an old man, who looked about 70 or 80. He looked scared as I sat up in the bed and started shouting, I was terrified. He kept saying "no, no, stop, no". I jumped across to another bed against the other wall screaming Rita's name. He just kept saying "stop, no, no" and was looking afraid but he didn't take his eyes off me. Eventually Rita burst into the room and grabbed the man and put him outside. She had no idea who he was but when we looked at the front door we saw a screw had been taken out of the letterbox so it could be pulled away, he must have gotten in by putting his hand through and opening the door latch and had come into the room I was sleeping in. To this day it scares me to think of it and I can still see his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

razorblunt wrote: »
    Well that room is fine it's the room with stone circle and nothing else that's really freaky!

It's the room with the stone circle that I got the weird feeling that I needed to get out immediately. I was boiling and just kept thinking I need to get out. Was getting short of breath and agitated. Was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

It's incredibly disconcerting to see such an amount of stories detailing encounters with predators, chiefly due to their similarities to my most unsettling memory... a memory which I'm sure will be most vivid until my dying day.

I grew up in Meath, in a small bungalow on a hill that overlooked Trim. Though it faced directly onto a relatively well travelled road, as it had no street lamps when our home was in darkness so too was that entire hill.

As a child I would often leave my bed during the early hours for ten to twenty-minute periods, sleepwalking, yet sessions where I remained highly functioning. Usually I would trounce across our hall to the kitchen and pour myself some cereal, I could even ready myself some toast at times... my mother even told me that on one such occasion she found me sweeping the floor in the living room for reasons unknown. The memories of all these moments are not my own however, their recollections formed from what my mother recalled the mornings following.

She told me that at times she would often hear me from her bed, mumbling nonsensically down the hall. Usually, she would leave me to my own devices, I never hurt myself nor threaten to set our home alight, and on the occasions she did try to wake me I became agitated, belligerent. Yes, usually she left me alone to wander, that was until the night that changed how we treated my sleepwalking.

It wasn't long after 1pm, and my mother's bed had yet to be warmed by her body, as she stared at the ceiling from beyond the wall which separated our rooms she heard my usual indistinct mutterings, white noise ushering her to a sleep. That was until she heard a more clear utterance, a voice that was not mine, a man's voice that caused her to bolt from her bed. Sprinting along the hall she burst into my room to find me standing by my bedroom window, curtains pulled wide, one hand resting on the latch. Outside my window, silent, motionless, stood a tall and narrow silhouette, a man whose features came to life as she flicked the room's light switch.

He wasn't your stereotypical boogie man, bearded and scraggy, he was clean shaven, hair neatly cropped, and though it was dark my mother later told the Gardai that there was nothing about his clothing to make him appear destitute. Seeing my mother he didn't stay by my window for long, rushing for the end of the garden never to again be seen, all that he left behind was a leather satchel that got caught in the hedges.

I't wasn't until my late teens when my mother believed I was adult enough to hear what was found in that satchel, what the Gardai brought her to the station to see. Dozens upon dozens of Polaroid pictures bound in an elastic band, photos of me. Taken over a period of some months judging by my changing pyjamas and lengthening hair, they were all taken of me as I sleepwalked, eyes half open, head hanging forward. They were taken from behind the glass of my bedroom window, from the same spot where the silhouette had stood. It took me a while to register the absolute horror of the situation, of just how close I had come to... well, thankfully I'll now never know.

I asked her what it was she had heard him say to me, she almost chocked, swept the tears from her eyes, then said, she heard him say, "That's right, just turn the latch a little more to your right!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

It's incredibly disconcerting to see such an amount of stories detailing encounters with predators, chiefly due to their similarities to my most unsettling memory... a memory which I'm sure will be most vivid until my dying day.

That is such a scary story. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

I have a few weird/creepy things happen over the years, here's 3.

First, well this is just odd. In 2010 either someone sent my details to them as a prank, or they sought me out (prob not the latter) but somehow the Freemasons in Dublin got my email address and phone number, I repeatedly received invitations to open nights to see the lodge and meet the good ol' boys, I declined every time and it literally took them about a month and a half to get the idea...

Second, this is definitely creepy, without a doubt sick. Back in the late 90s my friend had a scanner thing which could pick up phone calls somehow. He brought it over to a mates house one night, which was my first time seeing it and still not sure how it worked exactly, mostly it was picking up nothing but nonsense and static. Next we come across these two aul lads with thick country accents describing a sickening scenario in great detail, it went exactly like this (and apologies but this is SICK we did hear one of them mention "daughter") "Alright Mick, so Ill bring her up to ye" "Yeh" "And then you can get her in the barn and ill hold her there" "Yeh" then "Drive it up like a stallion Mick, go on, drive it up like a stallion".. this went on for a good 20 mins until we couldn't handle any more, obviously we were limited in what we could do (in terms of reporting it etc. no way of telling who/what/why/where) which sucked tbh.. so basically sick twisted phone sex between 2 country aul lads.... ugh.

Last one is interesting, bit weird but probably has a logical explanation. Used to be in a band back in the day (post-apocalyptic stoner punk was the genre apparently). Anyways used to use this ancient Peavey amp with my guitar, old, valves, etc. We were there getting our smoke on as we did and next we hear this mumbling coming from the amp, we were like em... what. So I plugged in a mic and started responding, in the end turned out we were picking up a helicopter pilot over North Co. Dublin. From the conversation he was picking something up from us which must have been interference, telling us to switch over to a different freq etc. went on for about 15 mins then ended. Best thing about is I recorded it (Back in 2002/3), tonight I decided to edit out me and me mates voices etc. and uploaded it. We were pretty much repeating what he said and saying "over", and saying how weird it was.. and the like. Its possible he was picking up more than distortion, because he was responding and repeating what I was saying (edited out). Even stranger for some reason it only picked up the pilot when the volume was turned off and a mic plugged in.
    Like I said probably a rational explanation to this (em.. bit weird picking up a helicopter on an amp though....). Hopefully it caused no issues for the pilot, didn't seem to cause problems, but couldn't resist trying to talk to him. If anyone's interested PM me and I can send the DL link for that (or post it here if allowed?)

As for the amp, well it died a few months after that, as all amps do, what an amp though, rocked out a f*cking helicopter...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinker217

I asked her what it was she had heard him say to me, she almost chocked, swept the tears from her eyes, then said, she heard him say, "That's right, just turn the latch a little more to your right!"

That just sent a shiver down my spine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

tinker217 wrote: »

That just sent a shiver down my spine

Me too. That & the other letterbox story. I feel sick. I think I'm going to put the armchair up against it.

<retches>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

I grew up in Meath, in a small bungalow on a hill that overlooked Trim. Though it faced directly onto a relatively well travelled road, as it had no street lamps when our home was in darkness so too was that entire hill.

As a child I would often leave my bed during the early hours for ten to twenty-minute periods, sleepwalking, yet sessions where I remained highly functioning. Usually I would trounce across our hall to the kitchen and pour myself some cereal, I could even ready myself some toast at times... my mother even told me that on one such occasion she found me sweeping the floor in the living room for reasons unknown. The memories of all these moments are not my own however, their recollections formed from what my mother recalled the mornings following.

She told me that at times she would often hear me from her bed, mumbling nonsensically down the hall. Usually, she would leave me to my own devices, I never hurt myself nor threaten to set our home alight, and on the occasions she did try to wake me I became agitated, belligerent. Yes, usually she left me alone to wander, that was until the night that changed how we treated my sleepwalking.

It wasn't long after 1pm, and my mother's bed had yet to be warmed by her body, as she stared at the ceiling from beyond the wall which separated our rooms she heard my usual indistinct mutterings, white noise ushering her to a sleep. That was until she heard a more clear utterance, a voice that was not mine, a man's voice that caused her to bolt from her bed. Sprinting along the hall she burst into my room to find me standing by my bedroom window, curtains pulled wide, one hand resting on the latch. Outside my window, silent, motionless, stood a tall and narrow silhouette, a man whose features came to life as she flicked the room's light switch.

He wasn't your stereotypical boogie man, bearded and scraggy, he was clean shaven, hair neatly cropped, and though it was dark my mother later told the Gardai that there was nothing about his clothing to make him appear destitute. Seeing my mother he didn't stay by my window for long, rushing for the end of the garden never to again be seen, all that he left behind was a leather satchel that got caught in the hedges.

I't wasn't until my late teens when my mother believed I was adult enough to hear what was found in that satchel, what the Gardai brought her to the station to see. Dozens upon dozens of Polaroid pictures bound in an elastic band, photos of me. Taken over a period of some months judging by my changing pyjamas and lengthening hair, they were all taken of me as I sleepwalked, eyes half open, head hanging forward. They were taken from behind the glass of my bedroom window, from the same spot where the silhouette had stood. It took me a while to register the absolute horror of the situation, of just how close I had come to... well, thankfully I'll now never know.

Jaysus, that has freaked me out, shudders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

I was reading this thread at work today (had a quiet day) - just read few posts at a time when I had the chance (I read very quickly)! I work in an office beside a very old house where my employer lives. As it happened there was NO ONE around this afternoon (house keeper was gone home, gardener gone on lunch break and family away for the day), as I became steadily more spooked from all the posts.

Needed to get my afternoon cuppa and use the loo so I headed over to the very ancient house and undid all the alarms etc. It's in a VERY remote part of the countryside - and I was SERIOUSLY unnerved. Went into loo, half expecting to see a diff reflection look back at me in mirror ...! Whole house had a scary atmosphere .... ... haven't checked behind me since I was a kid, but I did today, but the worst thing is that most of above posts happened in reality, not like the feeling you have when you've just seen a scary film ..... V. CREEPY stuff going on !

Great thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Eden3 wrote: »
    I was reading this thread at work today (had a quiet day) - just read few posts at a time when I had the chance (I read very quickly)! I work in an office beside a very old house where my employer lives. As it happened there was NO ONE around this afternoon (house keeper was gone home, gardener gone on lunch break and family away for the day), as I became steadily more spooked from all the posts.

Needed to get my afternoon cuppa and use the loo so I headed over to the very ancient house and undid all the alarms etc. It's in a VERY remote part of the countryside - and I was SERIOUSLY unnerved. Went into loo, half expecting to see a diff reflection look back at me in mirror ...! Whole house had a scary atmosphere .... ... haven't checked behind me since I was a kid, but I did today, but the worst thing is that most of above posts happened in reality, not like the feeling you have when you've just seen a scary film ..... V. CREEPY stuff going on !

Great thread!

I think the mods should sticky this, epic yet freaky thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I don't know how many "a man in a van tried to kidnap me" stories I've read in this thread so far. Kids have a way of exaggerating stories in their minds, which over time they can begin to believe the exaggerated version.

You hear so many of these stories but how many children have been kidnaped in Ireland in the last, say, 20 years (other than by a parent). These men in vans are either really **** at what they're trying to do or children have over active imaginations. My bet is on the latter.

Anyway sorry for the rant. I just think people have been scared by various urban legends into believing every strange van in their area is out to kidnap them.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

After reading most of the thread this is the first story that gave me shivers, my son sleepwalks :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Just remembered a story that happened to two people I know, one of whom I was very close to for a while, so it's not like he was lying or anything. They were walking around town (Dublin) and went down a few lanes / took a few shortcuts, it was the middle of the day I seem to remember him saying, and someone ran up to them and I think he said they were wearing clothes covered in question marks.

They were handed an envelope and the man ran off. The envelope was full of pictures of dead people. He didn't seem too unsettled, but his girlfriend was in bits. :eek:

Advertisement