Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLL New Year Dinner and Drinks, Il baccaro - Dublin 26/01/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Definitely not going to make it.

Have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Can I sign up for the meal if its not too late?

I've looked at the thread a few times and dithered about it, but I am going to go for it.

Was originally nervous about meeting strangers off the Internet, but now more worried about what to wear!

I'm afraid it will be all young wans dressed to the nines.

-Seablue

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Didn't forward pm on yesterday. Will do today. As it stands there are over 20 and I'll have to change the booking. Though that may incur a group rate or group menu so might be better to get someone to book a seperate table for 10...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm not a young wan dressed to the nines
    Even if tesco did ID me :(

I could totally break out the 50s dress though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think I am going to have to bow out gracefully (and I am completely upset - so please have another one before easter k thanx) cos I paid out for my passport and photos and the like today and next weeks money is a 50squid phone bill and the same again to sky :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Ladies,

I've pmed everyone from this thread (I think) If I've forgotten anyone I'm sorry, if you want to join us, let me know and I'll forward on my waffly pm.

Can you forward the waffly pm to me too please? Might drop in for a drink if I'm around the town that night. :)

More PM's gone out. Again, if I've missed you, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

awh what a lovely PM thanks RacoonQueen.

I will look into places to stay and hopefully I can make it too.

No guna for me though. Jeans & a top. One day I might find a nice dress that will suit me but so far it has alluded me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Quick Q, If I book into Abigails, would I have far to walk to the restaurant?

I would be on my own so don't really want to have to walk too far. Thanks

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

seablue wrote: »
    Can I sign up for the meal if its not too late?

I've looked at the thread a few times and dithered about it, but I am going to go for it.

Was originally nervous about meeting strangers off the Internet, but now more worried about what to wear!

I'm afraid it will be all young wans dressed to the nines.

-Seablue

I'm not a young wan either :) I might wear a dress though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm looking forward to this, it has been a long time since I have been to a meetup in Dublin but this will only be my second one so I can be considered a Dublin newbie :D

I'll be travelling up from Cork for it (must book somewhere to stay) so if anyone fancies meeting up beforehand then feel free to drop me a pm with your number etc. (Oh and if it is not obvious from my username I am a guy) :)

I look forward to meeting you all !

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Count me in! I probably won't make it for pre-dinner drinks but will definitely be at dinner. Complete newbie but looking forward to meeting you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Count me in for dinner and drinks! Can I have a PM?:D

I'm going to ring and update the booking tomorrow or saturday. I would say we are going to be stuck with a group menu now as I have 38 on my list :eek:

I would expect a few more to bow out over the next week for whatever reason.
    Hope they have the space for us all now :pac:

Where are you planning on heading after dinner? Or is it a drinky place too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

It’s not a drinky place, as in, it’s very like an Italian taverna and is not a bar. However, I’ve spent many an evening in there, chatting over a few bottles of wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I won't be in Dublin til about 8.20 or 8.30 depending on the bus so I will meet you all later on in whatever pub you are going to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Eeeeek really really looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Just to say, im staying in Abigails so if anyone else is staying there we can all walk back together :)

• Advertisement

Where are you planning on heading after dinner? Or is it a drinky place too?

I thought Fitzsimons might be a good shot afterwards. Years since I was in there though so don't know what it's like now.

Button Factory is nearby too right?

Last call to confirm pull out before booking is officially changed.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pulling out is never effective

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm exirah :D

Now what to wear....

Dinner booking now for 8:30 pm. Can still meet for drinks from 7:30.

Booking changed and numbers updated. Will respond to any pms I've got over the last few days as soon as I get a chance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

8.30pm?? I'll be starving by then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dinner booking now for 8:30 pm. Can still meet for drinks from 7:30.

Booking changed and numbers updated. Will respond to any pms I've got over the last few days as soon as I get a chance.
    Can't wait. It is gonna be my first sober beers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Just to say, im staying in Abigails so if anyone else is staying there we can all walk back together :)

I'm staying there too :)

Advertisement