Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLL New Year Dinner and Drinks, Il baccaro - Dublin 26/01/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I may be blind (I am pretty much!!!) but did we pick a food location?!! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Il Baccaro :) Be handy if a mod stuck it in the title somewhere wouldn't it?! :)

Il Baccaro :) Be handy if a mod stuck it in the title somewhere wouldn't it?! :)

Fantastic. So a pub around there somewhere would be ideal so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Maybe Hogans on Georges St? It's close by and pretty decent. Most of the pubs in Temple Bar itself are awful!

Other suggestion is The Mezz which is about 20 seconds away from the restaurant. Grand place, often has live ska/ funk.

How does the whole dinner thing work? (sounds a bit of a spanner question but I missed the last one). Like we meet at the pub before for a drink or two, then off to the restaurant. Do we then go on to another pub afterwards or just stay at the restaurant until closing then go our seperate way?

• Advertisement

Just go with the flow really. We met up beforehand last year which was nice to have everyone going in together and relaxed after a drink before sitting down, but it's up to the individual really. The beauty of a dinner is you can just walk in and tell them at the door which party you're with and they'll lead you to the table. You can avoid the whole hoping you walk up to the right people in the pub thing. :)

As for leaving and going somewhere after, I guess we'll just leave and move on when everyone is bored of sitting in the restaurant. No time pressures or anything (other than being on time for dinner we get cranky when we're hungry :pac: ) would just be handy to have drinks venues chosen in case anyone wants to join up afterwards for a drink.

Cool. Was just trying to work out how to get home! Bus and dart fin about half11 and night bus is at 1 or something (never used it before!) but tis grand. Been to a few beers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Getting excited now you gais!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Getting excited now you gais!
    Ill be the oldie in the corner moaning about my inability to drink anymore :)

OK, this is my list from this thread. There are a couple of people who pm'd me who are thinking of it too so I haven't put them on this list.
    RQ
    Dolbert
    Bluewolf
    Pembily
    Awec
    Posy
    Krudler
    Chatterpillar
    homemadecider
    dfx-
    lilmissprincess
    Stheno
    Lucyfur :(
    cee_jay
    Hermoine*
    angeldelight
    hdowney
    Nickcaved
    redapple
    Ah-yeah
    tomboylady
    Kingtut
    lgoodie
    Snoopy1
    PrincessPeach
    Tigger99
    jinxremoving

I have provisionally booked a table of 15, probably looking at getting the table for 8ish? Can anyone who is on the above list and definitely can't go let me know sometime before Friday the 18th, or anyone who would like to go and isn't on my list let me know as well. A group of 20 - 25 would be awesome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks for all the organising this RQ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm defo out, RQ :(

Too much on over the next few months to be able to justify it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

i'd love to go to this! i post occasionally here, more lurking usually though. i made a new years resolution to put myself out there a bit more and try make some new friends. i feel nervous though, eek :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was sooooo nervous going to my first (and only, so far) TLL meet-up.
    Within about five minutes I was baffled as to why in the name of God I had been nervous in the first place! :o
    (especially because the first person I met was RQ and she turned out to be a splendid person altogether.)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Agree with Posy. I have met a fair few boardsies and I have yet to meet a bad one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ah I'd love to go to this but I just do not have the guts to put myself out there at such a big meet up. I'm out for this, but would definitely like to go to a smaller one later in the year.

Fair play for setting it up!

• Administrators Posts: 53,654 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Would you mind adding me too please RQ. You are very good to organise this.

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah I'd love to go to this but I just do not have the guts to put myself out there at such a big meet up. I'm out for this, but would definitely like to go to a smaller one later in the year.

Fair play for setting it up!

To be honest. I would be surprised(and delighted) if we got half the list there. People get too nervous, something comes up, by the time it comes up sometimes people just can't be assed, people don't have the money by the times it comes up.

With the dinner you'll only be sitting around a couple of people anyway. I was in a heap the first time I went to strange people from the internet, had a beer trusted into my hand about 10 seconds later and all was well.

Think about it. I can guarantee you'll be wondering what the hell you were worried about. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If I can afford dinner, I'll go, must check their menu (and my bank balance :P)

• Advertisement

I'm a if anything gets in the way of this I'll cry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In afraid I'm out :( had totally psyched myself up to go but my auntie has just announced she's having a party for her 40th that night - sorry lads & ladies, hope te have a great night

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hey ladies - is the plan for dinner then drinks or drinks then dinner? Just asking in case anyone (including me) wants to do drinks only - will ye be moving on from the restaurant? I know when you have had a nice dinner with drinks it can get very cosy and hard to move :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Hopefully I'll still be able to make it, I'll let you know for sure next week! Thanks for all the organising RQ!

miamee wrote: »
    Hey ladies - is the plan for dinner then drinks or drinks then dinner? Just asking in case anyone (including me) wants to do drinks only - will ye be moving on from the restaurant? I know when you have had a nice dinner with drinks it can get very cosy and hard to move :D

Drinks - dinner - drinks ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I will probably be working that Saturday and finished about 7, so if anyone nervous who doesn't like the thought of walking into a big room of strangers wants to meet for a pre-dinner drink, I'd be up for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

Hey !!!

I would never meet up random ppl in the past (be to nervous to), but here is to a new year and new experiences. Nervous as hell but if there is any space for me and my partner. i would love to do dinner :D

if there is no guys going, then just me :) let me know

Will send pms over the weekend and will respond to anyone I've ingored so far. Might need to book another table at this rate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Will send pms over the weekend and will respond to anyone I've ingored so far. Might need to book another table at this rate :)

Count me in as a maybe please!

• Advertisement

Ladies,

I've pmed everyone from this thread (I think) If I've forgotten anyone I'm sorry, if you want to join us, let me know and I'll forward on my waffly pm.

Advertisement