Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-Link 200Mbps Powerline Twin Pack - £24.99 Amazon

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Zardoz wrote: »

I am open to correction here but i think as long as the are AV200 compliant then the brand does not matter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

baldshin wrote: »
    Hey folks, I will hopefully be starting a job soon that requires a wired internet connection, but I'm wondering if these would be any good instead? The room where the computer is is back to back with the room with the router,so the computer will be only about 75 cm from the router on the other side of the wall, would these make the signal much stronger than just wifi?

Run a cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Run a cable?

Could do but would be pretty long, and would prefer a tidier solution. If it wasn't rented accommodation I'd nearly drill through the wall haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Can you use these to move your router to a different location in the house or does the signal have to run through the router first before being directed through these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

baldshin wrote: »
    Could do but would be pretty long, and would prefer a tidier solution. If it wasn't rented accommodation I'd nearly drill through the wall haha!

If it's only a partition wall, a tub of filler and a pot of tester paint would soon cover any drill hole. Do it just above the skirting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Can you use these to move your router to a different location in the house or does the signal have to run through the router first before being directed through these?

It has to run trough the router first. You plug the ethernet cable from the router into the first home plug and then an Ethernet cable from the second home plug into your desktop or whatever device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.dabs.ie/products/trendnet-powerline-500-av-nano-adapter-kit-8KC8.html?src=2

Is this a better deal?
    Would one of these work in a large shed about 15 metres from tyhe house? presume it shouldnt matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Balmed Out wrote: »
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/trendnet-powerline-500-av-nano-adapter-kit-8KC8.html?src=2

Is this a better deal?
    Would one of these work in a large shed about 15 metres from tyhe house? presume it shouldnt matter?

Looks like a better deal alright. Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Balmed Out wrote: »

Is this a better deal?

I got the home plugs and the wifi thing brilliant, getting 26m down in my shed

Advertisement