Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Euro Gold and Silver Commemorative coins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scoooby

Which coins are now at a lower price than when originally sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Rory Gallagher coin sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Trachycarpus

That was fast! Just received my coin this morning and I must say I really like it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

464452.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

60 yo-yo - Hmmmm

50% dearer than any other silver coin (or used to be that is)

Restrict the numbers and increase the price - not liking this from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

It’s like their actively trying to discourage people from collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

Actual Silver content is approximately 12 euros worth

I have to say, that is one of the worst looking Irish coins I have seen, terrible design

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

LOL is it sold out already

• Advertisement

Can they still be purchased from the central bank or have you to order online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Can they still be purchased from the central bank or have you to order online now.

They only sell them online now.

€60 and another €5 for postage makes them very expensive .

1000 sold already - has does that match with previous sold out coins?

The majority of that 1000 has probably been sold to dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I'm ok with the Dracula coin, could have been done better on first impression but after reading the spiel with the newsletter I can see what the intention was in the B movie styling.

Price wise I rarely buy any more as the cost has crept up too much imo and for the most part I think many of the recent designs have been poor, for me and I cant justify buying these coins over putting money in to other hobbies i get more enjoyment from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Trachycarpus

Sitamoia wrote: »
    Actual Silver content is approximately 12 euros worth
    Not forgetting the VAT is another €11 or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

VAT is 23%, so approximately 15 euro total per troy ounce. These coins are 92.5% silver and they weigh 28.28g which is less than a troy ounce.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

466529.jpg

Price keeps going up and where is the image from - surely not of the coin? An artists rendition or the artists rendition?

Was saying to a friend the other day the Bram Stoker coin should have been a double gold/silver set each depicting a scene from the story - would have been a lot more collectable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

These proofs are becoming more and more expensive at the same time as the silver is going down. Strange choice for a series that has almost all the coins of the last five years still available in the bank (with the only exception of the Rory Gallagher coin). And this despite cutting the mintage in almost half.

Not very sure about their strategy really...

jdelis wrote: »
    Not very sure about their strategy really...

I don’t think they are either

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

First day of sales today. Any info on how it is going?

Is there a promo code for the postage. Wasn’t there one for the Dracula coin ?

Blade wrote: »
    466529.jpg

A dealer already selling at less than retail: https://www.ma-shops.com/weimue/item.php?id=2038&lang=en&ref=favUser

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

Is there a new gold coin coming out mid jan? Just read this am to mark first dail.. 1000 coins.

Yep, a €100 one: https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/new-2-coin-being-launched-to-mark-100-years-since-sitting-of-first-dail-894956.html

Just need Blade to post the picture soon :)

/Edit/ Found a pic: ?width=580&version=4409150

Have to say, not the nicest coins I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CarPark2

Do they usually release plans for the upcoming year’s commemorative coins at the start of the year or do you have to wait and see what comes?
    I would like to get a double set this year, but I guess some years they don’t do the double. I don’t want to hold out for a double and find the singles are sold out!

We usually manage to get a sniff here, from some boardsies who know these things, but the Central Bank don't put out schedules IIRC

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the price is likely to be? I'm expecting around the 400 euro mark...

Advertisement