Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Euro Gold and Silver Commemorative coins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I cancelled, easily done. Reflected on cost and decided no. Nice to have option to cancel and get refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Got the coin, thought nice case - nope, plastic. Would thought for the price it would been something a bit nicer like the Explorers set

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

fritzelly wrote: »
    Got the coin, thought nice case - nope, plastic. Would thought for the price it would been something a bit nicer like the Explorers set

Pic possible? Thanks.

Pic possible? Thanks.

SSnYGKN.jpg

fritzelly wrote: »
    LOL is it sold out already

Dracula coin now back in stock

https://www.collectorcoins.ie/en/bram-stoker-dracula-15-silver-proof-coin.html

I would have bought every single coin, with the exception of the double explorer, until the Holland Submarine one, when the poor quality of the coin, and the subsequent poor designs really put me off.
    I have bought a few since, but you would have to wonder what the Central Bank are about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CarPark2

Is there any information on their overall plans for the year? Could this be it, or is there likely to be a few silver ones or even a double set?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LUCIFER1001

I am not that impressed on the 2019 An Chead Dail coin
    Poor design
    Cheap plastic box
    Rip off price
    Poor service from Collector Coin

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Trachycarpus

CarPark2 wrote: »
    Is there any information on their overall plans for the year? Could this be it, or is there likely to be a few silver ones or even a double set?

According to their newsletter yesterday they are planning to issue the following:

Proof Set 2019 with the €2 circulating Dáil commemorative coin - Quarter 2 2019
    Annual Mint set 2019 with regular €2 and Dail €2 coins - Quarter 2 2019

Two €15 Silver Proof coins - 100 years of transatlantic flight (June 2019) and second Modern Musicians coin (Aug 2019) - Phil Lynott - marking 70th anniversary of his birth.

Wonder what the mintage of the 2019 will be and of course price.
    Only second commemorative €2 issued by Ireland.
    With the exception of the 2006 and 2015 proof sets the rest are still available from CC.
    Hope they keep the mintage low.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Heres the link to the newsletter with all the mintage details, except release date and price: https://www.collectorcoins.ie/media/wysiwyg/PDF/Collector%20Coin%20Newsletter%20Issue%202.pdf

• Advertisement

Tks for that.
    The proof set might sell out quickly with a limit of 1000

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Tks for that.
    The proof set might sell out quickly with a limit of 1000

Certainly will

Proof set is on sale. €90. I bought one.

Me too
    Very short warning just got the email last night
    €90 Is very expensive

Me too
    Very short warning just got the email last night
    €90 Is very expensive

I’m signed up for alerts but only got the email this evening!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I hear the new proof set has sold out as expected

Well they have taken the facility to purchase off the site but haven't put up sold out which is about normal for collector coins

My proof set order was dispatched today (ordered Wed)

Same here should arrive before the weekend then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Proof set arrived today, 949/1000

Just how collectable are these sets?

• Advertisement

I got no. 343. As to collectibility personally I would think depends.
    The ones with 1000 issue limit sell out within a few days.
    The 2006 2015 and 2019 sets are sold out.
    All others are still available that is 2007 09 12 and 16.
    If you are collecting proof commemorative/special €2 coins well the only place to get them is in the proof sets that is with the exception of th 2016 Proclamation one which was issued as a single proof as well as in the year set.

Price: 35 Euro - Issue Limit: 8,000 - Sale Date: 19th June

482211.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone know of the 2019 proof set being for sale anywhere? Have a baby on the way and thought it'd be a nice present but missed it. I know the regular set is out next week but looking for the more collectible proof set.

Anyone ever use this site?

https://www.eurocoinhouse.com/en/country/ireland/ierland-proofset-2019

Wheety wrote: »
    Anyone know of the 2019 proof set being for sale anywhere? Have a baby on the way and thought it'd be a nice present but missed it. I know the regular set is out next week but looking for the more collectible proof set.

Anyone ever use this site?

https://www.eurocoinhouse.com/en/country/ireland/ierland-proofset-2019

I've dealt with this guy before, buy he's not cheap: https://www.ma-shops.com/noering/item.php?id=37256&lang=en

Its on sale at ridiculous prices - if you can get it off that website for that price you've got a bargain!
    Got good reviews
    https://www.trustedshops.eu/buyerrating/info_X57D7AFBA4B2CE5A6DB8A5A48C3DB7195.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

good price... most recent auction on ebay 112€ + 15€ p&p

ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Well I took a chance on that Eurocoinhouse. I paid with Paypal so if anything goes wrong I'll claim through them.

Will keep an eye on Ebay too. Those Dutch/German sellers, are they just dealers? Do they have a supply from Central Bank or are they just buying them through the website and selling them on?

How much did the proof set retail at?

Wheety wrote: »
    Well I took a chance on that Eurocoinhouse. I paid with Paypal so if anything goes wrong I'll claim through them.

Will keep an eye on Ebay too. Those Dutch/German sellers, are they just dealers? Do they have a supply from Central Bank or are they just buying them through the website and selling them on?

How much did the proof set retail at?

Those guys are dealers, I've often items for sale from those guys about the same time they are released to the public (as inflated prices mind you)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

• Advertisement

Diaell wrote: »
    T0rTZfo
    Seen this was launched today in Galway

https://imgur.com/T0rTZfo

Purchase Date:10th July 2019
    Retail Price: €65
    Issue Limit:3,000

Advertisement