Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Pictorial Weekly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

case885 wrote: »
    Cant stand Eleanor Tiernan annoying even before she starts talking
    I love her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Her jaw is like nikolai valuev.. klitschko wouldnt knock her out :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

That's a ridiculous statement. Klitchko would absolutely batter her head in.

she has a quagmire jaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

she has a quagmire jaw

Was expecting at least an opinion on her work and why you don't enjoy it. Nice to see you just resorting to insulting the woman's appearance instead.

Classy criticism.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Was expecting at least an opinion on her work and why you don't enjoy it. Nice to see you just resorting to insulting the woman's appearance instead.

Classy criticism.

Oh and the fact i dont find her funny. Thats my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Much better than that Mario show (which is really not any good). Kids sketch, walk along border, civil servants, gaybo with adams and Gilmore all good. Expose, which they did before also shows the massive dumbing down of our media/popular culture, and the himself/yer man is very enjoyable.

Oh and the fact i dont find her funny. Thats my opinion

The not finding her funny thing is perfectly fine. The stupid comments about her facial features are petty and totally pointless really and only go to undermine any other points you're making by showing that you're the sort of person who immediately jumps on someone's appearance rather than having something intelligent to say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sad that as usual, a female comic's criticised for her appearance, not her actual ability / talent. Male comics almost never receive those kind of insults, but misogyny dictates a female comic's only good for lookin' at.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Sad that as usual, a female comic's criticised for her appearance, not her actual ability / talent. Male comics almost never receive those kind of insults, but misogyny dictates a female comic's only good for lookin' at.

Ok i was a bit harsh criticising her looks, but the truth is she has no ability or talent the expose sketch was brutal i dont think there was one funny bit in it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Ok i was a bit harsh criticising her looks, but the truth is she has no ability or talent the expose sketch was brutal i dont think there was one funny bit in it :confused:

She will be devastated to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

Ernest wrote: »
    It is correct to say that being amused by something is a personal thing and my criticisms of this show reflect just my own opinion but this opinion is formed by watching hundreds of similar types of television sketch shows and other comedy across all the channels over many years.

The Savage Eye - now that was funny! And I understand there is a new series of it coming.

Update: The new series of the Savage Eye has already started.
    I caught up with it on RTE Player. I found myself helplessly shaking with laughter several times.
    It puts Irish Pictorial Weekly in perspective (poor perspective).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hi Dave!

I've seen her live several times and find her funny enough

Ernest wrote: »

Update: The new series of the Savage Eye has already started.
    I caught up with it on RTE Player. I found myself helplessly shaking with laughter several times.
    It puts Irish Pictorial Weekly in perspective (poor perspective).
    No it hasn't

No it hasn't

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's a repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Just watching last week's episode. Not as good as the first episode but very good. Really enjoying it.

"Legislate for the X-Factor" was extremely well delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think she's great. She does angry funny very well.

• Advertisement

The reason I said i liked her was I saw her as a support act on three occasions and just about every other time the support act was Jarlath O regan, who is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I saw the first one last night. Very good I thought. A bit animation would be good, you don't always need actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I liked The Secret Millionaire piss take. He summed up that show very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

who the hell was the character that gay byrne was talking to?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jayob10 wrote: »
    who the hell was the character that gay byrne was talking to?

Joan Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

sligojoek wrote: »
    Joan Burton

jaysis, that missed the mark. It did for me anyways :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I believe it was Joan Burton? That sketch was great with Gerry Adams, last two havent been great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ha ha the family fortune thing was gas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

so was the country singer

Advertisement