Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

And does it affect you?

Maybe that decision should be with the residents of that estate.

No it shouldn't. Bring low speed low volumes of traffic through an estate is more desirable than having an unsafe access to the national road network. This NIMBY crap has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

godtabh wrote: »
    No it shouldn't. Bring low speed low volumes of traffic through an estate is more desirable than having an unsafe access to the national road network. This NIMBY crap has to stop.

Well we do it next to your house so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Well we do it next to your house so!

HBMkQVuO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Its not the light that's the problem, is the traffic going that way

Can still be improved further downstream. Allowed use of both lanes northbound all the way from those lights to the woodies traffic lights for starters.

unkel wrote: »
    Can still be improved further downstream. Allowed use of both lanes northbound all the way from those lights to the woodies traffic lights for starters.

U could but u will still hit a bottleneck and then back up.

Traffic should be only in the village in limited hours.
    Need another link road further out also.

Why not make the foxhunter a park and ride facility with good security.

Have a safe area to store bikes etc. Get people out of their cars

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

U could but u will still hit a bottleneck and then back up.

Traffic should be only in the village in limited hours.
    Need another link road further out also.

Why not make the foxhunter a park and ride facility with good security.

Have a safe area to store bikes etc. Get people out of their cars

It's on the wrong side of the road basically. The walk to the high frequency inbound bus stops is very long

It's also too far in with major congestion to reach it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mary BS

Only catching up now on this issue because it was so sad to see this long established pub go the way it did..and there was nothing but negative news on it for so long. Anyway, just noticed while out walking that the 'ForSale' sign has been removed in the last few days .. it didn't have a Sold notice on it before this happened as far as I know, maybe there's something happening at last. The site appears to have had a bit of a clean up too as its now spotless. After reading up on some of the comments since I last checked in I think it's only right to point out that the traffic issue that is now a big issue with the site is down to the planning section of SDCC..SDCC decided to grant planning for the Lucan Retail Park that is now the Woodies site, where an old cottage was once in situ. The road scheme there at the bridge was the result of the planning skills of the Planning Dept. of SDCC. The same SDCC is responsible for the shape and size of Hermitage Park Estate including the houses that back onto the slip road. The slip road, could have been wider with more than 2 lanes and indeed the bridge should have been double its size, if it was more forward thinking, especially when it was designed at a time when they knew well that all transport planning was prioritising and indeed encouraging car transport ahead of public transport, so there was no excuse for this inadequate road layout ... imagine a retail park going into a cottage site in the middle of a forked road scheme 10 kilometres from the capital city ! Before I'm killed for mentioning Hermitage Park Estate ... I think the residents there have every right to object to extra traffic being re- routed into their estate if SDCC were to approve a residential development on the FH site that would have its exit onto Hermitage Park rather than the slip road. However, something must be done to move on from the derelict FH site. As I see it the only solution is to have a small development of a mix of a low rise small residential complex of maybe 8 or so 2- bedroom apartments, small supermarket and cafe with appropriate opening times ... and exiting onto the slip road .. With improvements to the slip road ... and a wider bridge at Woddies or another bridge. The bottleneck at this section of the road network on the N4 and the FH site is a direct result of SDCC planning decisions... It's not because of the Foxhunter Pub/Petrol Station ... Those two businesses were there long before the N4 dual carriageway... and the Foxhunter Pub was negatively impacted by SDCC planning/roads designs. Now that the Foxhunter Pub has been killed off by SDCC & Developers, there is a need to find them right development for the site and given the shortage of homes, this ought provide for some residential units. Fingers Crossed that the site's been sold now and hopefully for the local residents it'll be a pleasant outcome.

490241.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Echo.ie reporting the foxhunter has been sold for 3milion

https://www.facebook.com/792791334066176/posts/3364976006847683/

Bound to be houses or apartments

• Advertisement

Bound to be houses or apartments

Or the swimming pool that was promised for Lucan :rolleyes:

degsie wrote: »
    Or the swimming pool that was promised for Lucan :rolleyes:

Well they already started to build that. Construction work is ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Might be the Luas terminal!

Ha!

Well they already started to build that. Construction work is ongoing

Out of curiosity, where are they building it?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

degsie wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where are they building it?

The Lucan Leisure Centre in Griffeen Park. They've moved the car park to where the tennis courts were.

R

RunDMC wrote: »
    The Lucan Leisure Centre in Griffeen Park. They've moved the car park to where the tennis courts were.

R

Will there be new tennis courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

Will there be new tennis courts?

Not in any of the plans I've seen, which is a shame.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Saw someone on Facebook say that it's been bought by Union Cafe. Could very well mean the company that owns Union Cafe, i.e. the guys who own the Dean, Sophie's etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Given the length of time its been closed they will struggle to reopen it.

TII will object and should SDCC grant it it will be appealed to ABP and I would bet they refuse it

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

TII will object and should SDCC grant it it will be appealed to ABP and I would bet they refuse it

Why do you say that? Surely it's better off open as a cafe/restaurant or similar at this stage rather than the total derelict site/eyesore that it's become?

Union Cafe (if true) would be a great addition to the area

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It won't need planning permission.

Its a pub that sold food, Union Cafe branches are pubs (all of them have full pub licences) that sell food.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Bit of activity on site this morning. A couple of builders' vans and a skip or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It will need more than a skip or two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

unkel wrote: »
    It will need more than a skip or two :D

Walked past on Wednesday, there's multiple roll on roll off skips and evidence of the complete gutting of the interior which is hardly surprising, cant imagine that there's much to be salvaged at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

Yes I pass by every day and there is a lot of clearing being done at the moment, is it confirmed its been bought by Union Cafe?

Citybuild are the contractors. Had a look at their website but no reference to the foxhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Heard from someone today that Press Up company bought it and that Elephant and Castle and Wow burger going into it.
    Hopefully true but I'll believe it when I see it.

iggy wrote: »
    Heard from someone today that Press Up company bought it and that Elephant and Castle and Wow burger going into it.
    Hopefully true but I'll believe it when I see it.

Elephant and Castle standars have dropped so much, especially the one in temple bar. Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Walked past on Wednesday, there's multiple roll on roll off skips and evidence of the complete gutting of the interior which is hardly surprising, cant imagine that there's much to be salvaged at this stage.

I think it was actually in decent condition shortly before it closed. Now unless damp or whatever set in, I'd say there would be a fair amount worth salvaging.
    On the other hand, bar equipment etc may have already been removed.

Curious to see what ends up in there though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Place seems to be completely gutted now with works underway

Advertisement