Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Its odd no-one seems to know whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Its odd no-one seems to know whats happening

Coronavirus isolation center I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Coronavirus isolation center I heard

Rescue centre for foxes is what I heard :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Serious answer. Suitable site for a mosque. The house in ballyowen lane surely is on the small side.

Anybody heard/seen any updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

I drive by it every day and there does not seem to be much going on at the moment that I can see anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

There was loads of work last week, they seems to have knock down external and internal walls, you go see right through it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emo72

how can there be so much work going on, without anyone knowing for definite what it is going to be?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

emo72 wrote: »
    how can there be so much work going on, without anyone knowing for definite what it is going to be?

There is no new planning permission in place; but if it is to be a Union Cafe it doesn't need any which would explain that.

It was a pub that sold food, Union Cafe branches are pubs that sell food.

New windows etc don't need permission except on listed buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

At a guess they are demolishing the building to just try and sell the site. Didnt seem to be too much left of it of it the last time i passed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

From what I can see, all the wall are intact. If it was to be demolished why take such care of removing windows etc.

Fingers crossed there will be something new. Live on St. Lomans Rd so only pubs within walking is Deadmans & Penny Hill. So great to get another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

From what I can see, all the wall are intact. If it was to be demolished why take such care of removing windows etc.

Fingers crossed there will be something new. Live on St. Lomans Rd so only pubs within walking is Deadmans & Penny Hill. So great to get another option.

I wont step foot in pennyhill again. Last to shut for the corona virus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

L1011 wrote: »
    There is no new planning permission in place; but if it is to be a Union Cafe it doesn't need any which would explain that.

It was a pub that sold food, Union Cafe branches are pubs that sell food.

New windows etc don't need permission except on listed buildings.

How long has it been closed? I need to check but after 4/5 years closed it loses its original permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

At a guess they are demolishing the building to just try and sell the site. Didnt seem to be too much left of it of it the last time i passed it.

Eh? The entire structure is intact, irrespective of what they have done inside.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

godtabh wrote: »
    How long has it been closed? I need to check but after 4/5 years closed it loses its original permission.

It retained its licence until relatively recently from memory (don't have access to those files right now) so it was legally a pub then. Its also pre-63.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

godtabh wrote: »

Thread started in November 2012

Walked down past here yesterday. From the path you can get a good view of what (was) happening to the place. The entire inside appears to have been gutted and is being rebuilt. Maybe they’re trying to maintain the external structure. There are some holes in the roof too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emo72

still, i'd love to know whats going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

emo72 wrote: »
    still, i'd love to know whats going in there.

Apartments - Planning was approved a couple of years ago apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

There was an application in 2015 for "Change of use of the existing public house to a artisan food and craft shop" which was deemed exempt. The last application granted for residential development was back in 2005, so it's long since expired.

R

• Advertisement

Some residents nearby have said change of use was made with modifications to planning due to some objections. Was sold in Oct 2019 by Savills so any planning would have been sent late 2019.
    Reported planning permission was granted in 2005 for the construction of 14 houses, but development never went ahead and planning lapsed as correctly referred...
    At time of sale site was zoned for a number of uses, including a car park, motor sales outlet, small office space of less than 100 sq m, a warehouse and a wholesale outlet.

leinster93 wrote: »
    Not so sure. Some residents nearby have said change of use was made with modifications to planning due to some objections. Was sold in Oct 2019 by Savills so any planning would have sent in late 2019.
    Reported planning permission was granted in 2005 for the construction of 14 houses, but development never went ahead and planning lapsed as correctly referred...
    At time of sale site was zoned for a number of uses, including a car park, motor sales outlet, small office space of less than 100 sq m, a warehouse and a wholesale outlet.

But SDCC planning site makes no reference to any of that. The most recent application is the one RunDMC refers to.

Yeah, think any residential use is ruled out.
    Couldn't find anything on SDCC site.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

I reckon if it was going to be residential they would have completely demolished the whole lot , it looks to me like they are keeping it

Its mad that we cant find anything to say what the plans are

Agree and anyone on the ground there before the lockdown were as evasive as hell in what the plans are...

I passed by yesterday and there's plenty of activity inside and out. There was guy putting new tiles on the roof where it had partially collapsed.

R

A few porta-cabins arrived today. A sign on the gate says they's removing interior walls and replacing them with steel joists.

R

The best kept state secret since Mick Wallace's tax returns. Why the mystery?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Avoca?

• Advertisement

Avoca?

I thought Avoca was ruled out after they sold to Arramark?

Advertisement