Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Human or animal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Human or animal

A mixture of both. Whoever owns it, should of had a security company look after it, SDCC should look at issuing a big fine to the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

its getting worse, driving by last night.

its getting worse, driving by last night.

Yep falling apart, becoming a right dump. Wouldn't like to be living close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

cant the council not force the owners to do something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Some activity there in the last few days. Skips being filled. A bit of a tidy up going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Some activity there in the last few days. Skips being filled. A bit of a tidy up going on.

They've blocked off the entrance and exit also and repaired the wall at the entrance which had a chunk taken out of it last week. Poor old Frank Keane will have nowhere to park his van/mobile ad!

lord lucan wrote: »
    They've blocked off the entrance and exit also and repaired the wall at the entrance which had a chunk taken out of it last week. Poor old Frank Keane will have nowhere to park his van/mobile ad!

Plastic over all Windows also

Sad sight yesterday as I was pulling out of garage, there was a homeless guy asleep underneath a pile of cardboard in front of the old entrance to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Going slightly off topic. I see the Deadman's Inn is open again. I was just wondering has anybody been in it, or a they doing food etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,867 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Going slightly off topic. I see the Deadman's Inn is open again. I was just wondering has anybody been in it, or a they doing food etc?

No publicity for that AFAIS.

Nothing on Google either since 2014. Strange.

still if it is open again, I wish it well.

No publicity for that AFAIS.

Nothing on Google either since 2014. Strange.

still if it is open again, I wish it well.

A big banner saying under new management

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Manager from the salmon leap has gone to run it. They just opened Friday, definitely doing food, hopefully it'll survive!

A big banner saying under new management

There's a placard at the hermitage roundabout saying its reopened too,blink and you'll miss it though.

Its quiet a bad location for a pub, but best of luck to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Meanwhile the foxhunter is getting worse looking by the day, is it the squaters tents that I seen blowing around out the front of it the other day? Does anyone have any info on whats happening with it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Its quiet a bad location for a pub, but best of luck to it.

I didn't even realise it had closed! :eek:

Wasn't there a lot of trouble in it because of the halting site across the way? Speaking of which, is that halting site now closed?

Heroditas wrote: »
    I didn't even realise it had closed! :eek:

Wasn't there a lot of trouble in it because of the halting site across the way? Speaking of which, is that halting site now closed?

I only knew because I run by it on the way to work.

Think one of the halting sites is still there, but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Is there any update on the development of this site, does anyone know? Interested in buying a house in this part of Lucan but curious as to what might happen on this site in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Anyone have any further information on this? We are looking at buying a house in Hermitage and I'm slightly worried about what might go in here..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Anyone have any further information on this? We are looking at buying a house in Hermitage and I'm slightly worried about what might go in here..

nobody knows. its a major clusterduck that no-one saw coming. it could be anything . i guess the dream that was avoca is not going to happen now. wouldnt it be great if wetherspoons took it? or else it could be a load of apartments.

the easiest thing planning wise is a pub or a shop, id imagine apartments would be a much harder ask. no-one has a crystal ball unfortunately.

emo72 wrote: »
    nobody knows. its a major clusterduck that no-one saw coming. it could be anything . i guess the dream that was avoca is not going to happen now. wouldnt it be great if wetherspoons took it? or else it could be a load of apartments.

the easiest thing planning wise is a pub or a shop, id imagine apartments would be a much harder ask. no-one has a crystal ball unfortunately.

Did they not get planning permission for apartments there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭degsie

Wait, are back to April 1'st?

Anyhoo, the local Gazette are reporting that the site was re-sold and the Council have no clue who bought it??:confused:

anyone heard anything on this over the last couple of months?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

I noticed last week there is a security guard sitting down there in a car full time , must be something going onn

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Lead was being stripped from the roof by low life's and selling it on. Security there to protect from vandalism. The owners at least protecting their investment and preventing the building from going in to complete disrepair...

• Advertisement

Are the owners still a secret? Its mad to think that site has been left empty for this long...

Advertisement