Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Are the owners still a secret? Its mad to think that site has been left empty for this long...

Its a bad location in fairness. The garage beside it should buy it and create a bigger car park for trucks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

BUMP! Any update on this people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭degsie

BUMP! Any update on this people?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Big steel fence going up around the place today. It's going to look like Wheatfield or Cloverhill when they're finished.

Big steel fence going up around the place today. It's going look like Wheatfield or Cloverhill when they're finished.

Whatever it takes to keep the scum out

• Advertisement

It's unbelievable to me that the local council do not know the identity of the current owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,787 ✭✭✭✭unkel

degsie wrote: »
    It's unbelievable to me that the local council do not know the identity of the current owners!

I thought that was obvious? The US company that bought out Avoca? Maybe I'm wrong though...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

unkel wrote: »
    I thought that was obvious? The US company that bought out Avoca? Maybe I'm wrong though...

Considering the article mentions problems of ownership I think they don't own it.

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering the article mentions problems of ownership I think they don't own it.

I think Avoca bought it, but it appears there is issues on who owned it before Avoca bought it, so probably end up in court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Heard that Dunnes have bought it. Anyone else hear anymore? It'll be grocery only.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Heard that Dunnes have bought it. Anyone else hear anymore? It'll be grocery only.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

FrostyJim wrote: »

There'll be massive objection on traffic grounds if this turns out to be true.

I'd welcome it. There's what, about 50,000-60,000 people in Lucan / Adamstown and we don't have a grocery Dunnes. Their perpetual spend €50 and get €10 off voucher is highly competitive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

I'd welcome it. There's what, about 50,000-60,000 people in Lucan / Adamstown and we don't have a grocery Dunnes. Their perpetual spend €50 and get €10 off voucher is highly competitive too.

You'd welcome it at the side of a busy slip road off the even busier N4?? Plenty of green field space still to be built on at Liffey Valley. The Foxhunter site is no location for a supermarket.

Given the space available and the parking spaces required, I'd expect it only to be a relatively small supermarket. It will add maybe 2 or 3 cars per minute to the slip road, I don't think that will make any material difference to how busy it is. The slip road itself isn't hugely busy anyway. Very convenient for people coming home from work in Dublin city to do a quick shop to pick up groceries to make the dinner.

I'd rather have a massive shiny Tesco Extra on one of those big available green fields around Liffey Valley where one can do the weekly shopping. We need a Tesco too (other than that miserable heap in Hillcrest)

The main problem for that location is that is easily accessible travelling from Dublin but is a pain to get to from the opposite direction.

Very true, degsie. But given the relatively small site, the last thing we need is a very busy supermarket there. Anyway, can anyone substantiate this rumour?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'ts a poor location for a retail outlet. Up until recently I did a lot of work for Tesco and Aldi on projects like this and it wouldnt have a hope. Dunnes wouldnt waste their time here (or they might as part of a sequential test but unlikely).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Whatever it takes to keep the scum out
    Highly surprised no-one has setup camp there!

=-=

The only thing I can think of is if Applegreen bought the Foxhunter and Texaco made it into a Applegreen/Burger King/coffeeshop mall as they've done in a few other places, but doubtful due to the bad traffic bottleneck that happens at the Leixlip M4/N4 section.

=-=

Otherwise, Weatherpersons. It sells food, drink, and closes at half 12, although the Ball Alley House would probably be a better suit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wasn't it supposed to be turned into an Avoca cafe/shop? Nothing seemed to happen with that plan. It's an eyesore as it it but is in a prime location.

You do know Dunnes put up their prices to ensure they make their money, you gain nothing out of the voucher.

I did an investigation into this for a few months.

Given the space available and the parking spaces required, I'd expect it only to be a relatively small supermarket. It will add maybe 2 or 3 cars per minute to the slip road, I don't think that will make any material difference to how busy it is. The slip road itself isn't hugely busy anyway. Very convenient for people coming home from work in Dublin city to do a quick shop to pick up groceries to make the dinner.

I'd rather have a massive shiny Tesco Extra on one of those big available green fields around Liffey Valley where one can do the weekly shopping. We need a Tesco too (other than that miserable heap in Hillcrest)

Road would be blocked in the evenings etc, a supermarket will never be allowed there

Wish people wouldn't speculate about this property without even a tenuous link to a source.

Wish people wouldn't speculate about this property without even a tenuous link to a source.

No fun in that, speculation makes it fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I was told there's a Crazy Prices going in with work to start in the next 2 months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Well it looks there was no truth in this rumour, has anyone heard anything on it lately? Mad that it can be left vacant for so long.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Well it looks there was no truth in this rumour, has anyone heard anything on it lately? Mad that it can be left vacant for so long.

It's a bad location and that explains why it's vacant. Maybe a McDonald's would suit it

It's a bad location and that explains why it's vacant. Maybe a McDonald's would suit it

There are already 4 McDonald's in Lucan. Which is absolutely ridiculous for a population of 50k. I say no thanks.

• Advertisement

There are already 4 McDonald's in Lucan. Which is absolutely ridiculous for a population of 50k. I say no thanks.

Only two actually.

Advertisement