Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Gladiator VI "Day of War"

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭RoboRat

It was announced back in July 2012:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Get your facts right!

1pgzg5.jpg

ORLY?

My facts ARE right, I said the fight was announced in November, which it was.

I looked back through their page and I didn't see anything else so I can only comment on what I saw. If they had something about signing him before, its not on their page, well I cant find it anyhow.
    Fascists, like bullies in the playground, look to the control the streets by violence and intimidation.

And encouraging guys to take up bats isn't encouraging violence and intimidation? I understand what the movement is about, but an eye for and eye just leaves everybody blind.
    The comment about 'rules' and a good clean fight in a 'ring' are completely thrown out the window when to comes to fighting neo-Nazis. Everyone knows that.

What about fighting capitalism... OK to bring a bat then as it seems according to the Derry poster that they want to fight Capitalism and Fascism... in that order.

Anyhow, enough of the politics. I am here to post about MMA and will continue to do so. You on the other hand have 16 posts all about this fight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Xlami wrote: »
    Any chance a moderator could please move this thread to the politics or spirituality section of the site please because it's had **** all to do with MMA for about two weeks now.

It's still essentially an issue for the mma community though, if you move it you'll just end up with loads more 'mma is gay/brutal' comments' and lose the opinions of mma fans/fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TF1975

RoboRat wrote: »

ORLY?

My facts ARE right, I said the fight was announced in November, which it was.

I looked back through their page and I didn't see anything else so I can only comment on what I saw. If they had something about signing him before, its not on their page, well I cant find it anyhow.

This is unfortunate but not surprising.

Celtic Gladiator are covering their tracks.

That link showed a picture of Niko and his opponent with the announcement about the Dublin fight. It was dated July 2012.

It was removed sometime today.

I expect I wasn't the only one who saw this?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

They announced him as being on the card back in July but they didn't announce an opponent until the past few weeks. I remember because, as bjjfighter mentioned, I commented on it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Mario Laois

• Advertisement

Poster
    David Baron vs Piotr Hallmann this is gonna be a fight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Poster
    David Baron vs Piotr Hallmann this is gonna be a fight!!
    Is there a full fight card up yet?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Is there a full fight card up yet?
    www.celticgladiator.com

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Are all the fights in the card pro

Quote=Mario Laois;82898922]
    www.celticgladiator.com[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

It's a shame that a card being held in Ireland only has 1 irish fighter on the card !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 hide2013

maybe a savvy promotor will promote a tournament of neo nazi fighters versus AFA fighters, MMA gear and rules. would make great tv though i can see the crowd management problems if in front of a live audience!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

canonball5 wrote: »
    It's a shame that a card being held in Ireland only has 1 irish fighter on the card !
    It just shows the lack of Irish intrest in this show now. Not a post In 2 weeks.
    And if it wasn't for puhaka there'd be no one talking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

Dtp79 wrote: »

And if it wasn't for puhaka there'd be no one talking about it!

That and pricks who just want to slag off a show

Advertisement