Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Gladiator VI "Day of War"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dreadskin

Aye, it ain't the promoter that'd the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Getting stuff on my FB saying he's a neo nazi and asking me to boycott his fight

However a lot of people coming on defending him saying this is old news and he's changed his ways

Does anyone on here know him ? Seems like an ok guy to me

Seen some (admittidly old) photos of him with some very dodgy tatts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Not all fighters are going to be gentlemen. If he is still an active member or supporter of a nazi movement by all means refuse to support any show involving him but if he has changed then you have give him the benifit of the dobut.

I personally wont support celtic gladiator promotions because if the best refs in the country and some of the best gyms in the country refuse to be involved with this promotion i think that speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

That letter is good enough for me good luck Puhakka. People shouldnt be getting excited about a few tattoos anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Mario Laois

Official statement of the organization the Celtic Gladiator Ltd about slander at fighter Niko Puhakka.
    Celtic Gladiator in no way be confused with the views Neo-Nazi. We never supported and will not support in the future such a move. Celtic Gladiator decided to cooperate with Niko Puhakka with sporting reasons, with a respected fighter. He is ashamed of views that he once preached. His tattoos, which caused much controversy, has been covered many years ago, and no neo-Nazi symbols do not appear on his body. We as an organization do not judge our fighters, because of their past, only by their achievements. we know that the fighter had a long time ago renounced the neo-Nazi views and his old outlook , we decided to work with him, every man make mistakes but the most important thing is to learn from our mistakes, and therefore he deserve a second chance.

Best Regards
    Board of Celtic Gladiator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

if it was his past when that ok but if not then its a joke promoting him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Some more information - Niko Puhakka (the Finnish MMA fighter due to fight in Dublin next month) was pulled from the BAMMA 8 fight in England in December 2011 and removed from the KSW 18 fight in Poland in February 2012 after controversy boiled over in regard to his neo-Nazi tattoos and supposed political beliefs. In 2003, Puhakka was named in Blood & Honour's magazine 'Scene News (Issue 28) as one of their most prized security members.

Official statement of the organization the Celtic Gladiator Ltd about slander at fighter Niko Puhakka.
    Celtic Gladiator in no way be confused with the views Neo-Nazi. We never supported and will not support in the future such a move. Celtic Gladiator decided to cooperate with Niko Puhakka with sporting reasons, with a respected fighter. He is ashamed of views that he once preached. His tattoos, which caused much controversy, has been covered many years ago, and no neo-Nazi symbols do not appear on his body. We as an organization do not judge our fighters, because of their past, only by their achievements. we know that the fighter had a long time ago renounced the neo-Nazi views and his old outlook , we decided to work with him, every man make mistakes but the most important thing is to learn from our mistakes, and therefore he deserve a second chance.

Best Regards
    Board of Celtic Gladiator
    LIES

Having a few tattoos myself i know the difference between a cover up and bringing old tattoos in with new ones. He has highlighted that rune! Not covered it up. Same for the blood and honor one. Also on his arm is the ss deathhead and as rune. June 2011 he was photographed with a member of a neo-nazi band. He has not thrown away his old past. He is a legend in his scene.

As for the sure its just tattoos comments... Its not the ink, its the belief that tattoos of that nature show. He Supports mass murder. He is a Nazi. He should never be given the light of day, for if we let his kind breath we will be under their jackboot again

• Advertisement

That ink ain't covered up, its highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Stillweak

dreadskin wrote: »
    Having a few tattoos myself i know the difference between a cover up and bringing old tattoos in with new ones. He has highlighted that rune! Not covered it up. Same for the blood and honor one. Also on his arm is the ss deathhead and as rune. June 2011 he was photographed with a member of a neo-nazi band. He has not thrown away his old past. He is a legend in his scene.

As for the sure its just tattoos comments... Its not the ink, its the belief that tattoos of that nature show. He Supports mass murder. He is a Nazi. He should never be given the light of day, for if we let his kind breath we will be under their jackboot again

Would you have a problem with Cain Velasquez tattoos?
    I hate nazis too but I also can't stand idiots who only recognise racism from white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

He seems like a terrible person, but that's probably all the more reason to go see him get beaten up, no?

Mass murder?.

There is no getting away from that. As a supporter of nazism, and in particular being involved still (dated photos are on the internet) in the neo-nazi scene he is a supporter of mass murder. Ie the holocaust. Ie the burning of immigrants in a hostel in dresden. The list goes on...

The holocaust is a bit far fetched in my book.

darced wrote: »

Bollox! We are publicizing that Ireland has no time for people of his views! Keep them out.

As for dresden, maybe people will look it up. And educate themselves about the sort of scum we are letting into our sport!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

GRMA wrote: »

if the dates on all these photos check out, that's pretty much case closed.

The holocaust is a bit far fetched in my book.

Go and educate yourself then. Read about it, about the death marches and summary executions. Go and visit places were the birds don't sing...

And wise the **** up!

Go and educate yourself then. Read about it, about the death marches and summary executions. Go and visit places were the birds don't sing...

And wise the **** up!

I know about all that but forgive and forget and all that. Also did you not read his letter above. Its not as if hes the next Hitler penning a letter like that because Hitler would not take such a backward step. Your trying to stop a guys livelihood with all this.

The letter isnt convincing whatsoever plus his tats are not hid whatsoever, if they were why would they get photoshopped out?

As far as I'm concerned scum like this guy shouldnt be let into the country never mind promoted on an event, this type of thing makes people who hold those views more confident and bold seeing their fellow scrapings front and centre.

This should be a thing MMA should disassociate itself from, as promotions like BAMMA have kicking this dreg off their card

They do, note how when he is wearing the vest he has the extra tatts done.

He is also pictured posing at a nazi death camp ffs

And now i see the other tread is closed... Its time for the promoter to pull this fighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mmafireball

Take that lol

I know about all that but forgive and forget and all that. Also did you not read his letter above. Its not as if hes the next Hitler penning a letter like that because Hitler would not take such a backward step. Your trying to stop a guys livelihood with all this.
    Hitler did. Then he burnt down the parliament. This guy is a Nazi. No forgiveness and we will not forget their crimes. His letter is a lie, there are recent photos of him in neo-nazi gear. Recent. And smiling at a concentration camp. Recent..

Yes, we are trying to stop this sum bag getting paid. We are trying to stop mma in Ireland getting further bad press

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Neo Nazi or not he's coming to fight not promote anything, if you don't want to support the show putting him on then don't suoport it

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    Neo Nazi or not he's coming to fight not promote anything, if you don't want to support the show putting him on then don't suoport it
    What a shameful attitude. This guy applauds mass murder and even takes sick trips to extermination camps. He hasn't renounced his views or gotten rid of his tats. In late November he was wearing nazi t shirts.

If the promoters don't pull him the event will be picketed and they will receive further bad press

Advertisement