Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Forward Faster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

dukeraoul wrote: »
    Danny Welbeck.

Utd making terrible calls this year! :D that said I still have my doubts but I'll take tonight!

Friday
    12 miles LSR / 7:12 average pace

In order to miss traffic last Friday evening after work going back into the city I decided to do this run out in the suburbs. Had to do the long run this week on Friday as I was heading to Michigan for the weekend.

Done this one on the Illinois Prairie Path again and took some photos in the process.

Ran this long run at a nice clip, started off easy, picked it up in the middle to sub 7min/miles and then eased off slightly again towards the end. Was happy with this run and felt good after it.

Half the reason why the pace was upped was the fact that I was trying to beat the darkness and being caught in the middle of a forest! :pac:

Sunday
    6 miles easy / 7:41 average pace

Went to Michigan State- Nebraska college football game in Michigan on Saturday night and with a few hours tailgating I was a little worse for wear on Sunday morning, felt fresh enough in the afternoon to get out for an easy run along the Lansing river trail, passed the Michigan State capital building en route so took a snap or two here also. My mission of knocking out runs in as many US states possible continues! :)

This time next week I’ll hopefully be in a bar drinking post-marathon with Vagga et all watching NFL!

Week Mileage Summary
    Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    7m|9m|Rest|Rest|12m|Rest|6m

Week Total|Month to Date|Year to Date
    34m|18m|823.6m

Not a bad month for September and I would have increased mileage from August and had the most mileage month of the year only for taking 2 days off running including a long run when I felt run down.

Monthly Summary

Month|Runs|2013 Miles|Runs|2014 Miles
    January|22/31|174.2|8/31|39
    February|22/28|196.9|1/28|2
    March|24/31|216.1|7/31|25.3
    April|17/30|120.2|12/30|48.5
    May|20/31|151.8|17/31|97.2
    June|18/30|149.7|19/30|107.1
    July|26/31|220.4|22/31|157.3
    August|27/31|250.5|21/31|169.7
    September|24/31|197.3|19/31| 163.5
    October|18/31|135.4||
    November|10/30|67.5||
    December|1/31|4||

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Looks like a plateau to me - get the fricken' finger out young lad :P

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Looks like a plateau to me - get the fricken' finger out young lad :P

I've decided 2015 is "getting finger out" year! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Any plans for 2015 target marathons yet J?
    I may need my biennial fill of USA!

(*By the way I've done marathons in Illinois, DC, Pennsylvania and New York at this stage. That's a nice little manageable target for you!;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Enjoy Sunday, better & faster times ahead in 2015 for you, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Don't get injured, langball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Gavlor wrote: »

He'll probably break his finger, while getting it out :)

Monday
    6 miles easy / 7:45 average pace

So here we are in race week, wont be doing much. 6 miles around a Lincoln Park loop on Monday..fairly routine...weather is ideal for running at the moment and Sundays conditions are due to be perfect for the marathon, forecast to be slightly cooler that last year and less breeze, damn it why couldn't I be in shape!!

Wednesday
    6 miles easy / 7:53 average pace

Another 6 routine around a different block this time, picking the route as I go. going to do a couple of shorter runs Friday and Sat..probably 3 miles and 2 miles and that will be it.

Bit of a disappointing training block really but truth be told I knew fairly early on that this one would not be a goal race. I'm just happy that I will be able to line up at the start on Sunday being in a position to be able to run 26 miles (hopefully) after not being able to run 5 earlier on in the year.

2014 will be a quiet chapter in the book, racing wise..but hopefully will make up for it with a blistering 2015! :cool:

This day last year I flew into Chicago with Peckham / RFR / yaboya1 after I had Border Protection Gate (guest starring Ciaran O'Lionaird)! :D

Where the hell does the time go!

Just interesting facts with this year vs. last year for my Chicago training

Chicago Training|2013| 2014
    Miles|600|432
    MP Miles|62|17
    No. of Runs|74|54
    Runs > 17m|5|2

Looking at that tells it's own story. Even last year I didn't do enough runs over 17 (only realizing a year later!)and could probably have done more MP miles! Something to consider for my next marathon training cycle!

• Advertisement

belcarra wrote: »
    Any plans for 2015 target marathons yet J?
    I may need my biennial fill of USA!

(*By the way I've done marathons in Illinois, DC, Pennsylvania and New York at this stage. That's a nice little manageable target for you!;))

Hi John,

Boston is nailed on as a big target in 2015..after that I actually don't think I will run one in the fall (okay autumn ;)) Might concentrate and getting the times down in 5/10kms.. it will depend how satisfied I am with the Boston performance. I may want justification if it doesnt work out as planned!

tang1 wrote: »
    Enjoy Sunday, better & faster times ahead in 2015 for you, no doubt.
    Gavlor wrote: »
    He'll probably break his finger, while getting it out :)

Cheers lads...A leisurely Sunday morning stroll I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Best of luck on Sunday Johnny.
    Enjoy it.

p.s. Let us know if they get the flyover right this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Best of luck young fella.. Enjoy the beers Sunday morning-afternoon. Remember to pace appropriately, one pint per 45 mins should be about right, if you feel yourself struggling a bit early on, make early adjustments to pace, but keep drinking. Ultimately if you leave the bar to go for a sleep, you'll end up regretting it. You could look back in years to come and realise that this was an opportunity missed.. Be strong, keep drinking and fuel from early on. I've been on a lot of drinking sessions and these strategies usually work for me.

Best of luck young fella.. Enjoy the beers Sunday morning-afternoon. Remember to pace appropriately, one pint per 45 mins should be about right, if you feel yourself struggling a bit early on, make early adjustments to pace, but keep drinking. Ultimately if you leave the bar to go for a sleep, you'll end up regretting it. You could look back in years to come and realise that this was an opportunity missed.. Be strong, keep drinking and fuel from early on. I've been on a lot of drinking sessions and these strategies usually work for me.

Haha...some langer! :D Cheers!

Going to pick up red tag beer tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Have a good run/race Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck today. Have a good one and ENJOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doc Q the 5th

Have a great day out there blocky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nice run today.
    Very consistent splits.
    Enjoy the beers (after your snooze of course) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Nice run J

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Nice running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

And you were only taking it handy, finger would want to be severely extracted next year. Well done H.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Good stuff today, hope you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Well done blocky, I'd say you'd a ball today, nice way to run a race every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Nice one. Enjoy the after party:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

nice work - 3:15 off not too much work is a great result. Good performance - hope you enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Well done blocky, I'd say you'd a ball today, nice way to run a race every so often.

Now we are in business..the main focus of the day..

325008.jpg

In tribute to 2013 group, the above were bought for post celebration beers today (RFR special)..

In honour of Peckham, I broght a gatorade bottle to the start this morning, both great tips!;)

Great day out there, cooler than last year but breezier too, enjoyed the run around but the legs were wrecked from early on...got around anyway without too much trouble.

All that's for another day, off out now to celebrate and hopefully meet vagga and ClaskCityRocker.

Advertisement