Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I think he was too old for it at that stage.

I read somewhere else as well that James Hunt tested for Williams in 1990 and was several seconds off the pace. That would have been interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I think he was too old for it at that stage.

I read somewhere else as well that James Hunt tested for Williams in 1990 and was several seconds off the pace. That would have been interesting.

WilliamsFW12JamesHunt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Speaking of James Hunt.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Article about when Nigel Mansell was at McLaren.
    I'd somehow managed to erase how ugly the 95 McLaren was from my memory, until now.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    I'd somehow managed to erase how ugly the 95 McLaren was from my memory, until now.

Once they got rid of that ugly engine cover with the wing on it, the MP4/10 looked better.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just saw this posted on Twitter:
    Seb Vettel. 'I respect Mark as a driver but he's never helped me out to be honest'. Suggests Malaysia was payback for previous events

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Asked if he was getting revenge for Webber being unhelpful in last year’s title-decider, Vettel said:“Probably you could say indirectly so.”

Seb Vettel on the overtake: 'faced with the same situation I'd probably do the same thing again'

So his apology was a load of horse shit. Hope Webbers beats him in the next few races.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Nice, I was worried this would have all blown over by China, but Seb seems to be ramping it up nicely. I wonder what odds you'd get on the two of them crashing out in the first corner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Seb:
    "The bottom line is I was racing, I was faster, I passed him, I won."

little git.

well of course you were faster, Webber turned down the engine and was conserving tyres after the team order.

not an ounce respect left for Vettel to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

I hope that team orders are long gone for Red Bull now - roll on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Be interesting to see what happens next time they're in the same position...something tells me its not wholly unlikely we could see another coming together of the two RB's

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Webber could get away with it, seen as he's unlikely to win the World Title anyway, he should run Vettel off the track whenever he can.

do it maybe 3 times between now and the end of the season.

that should give plenty of cushion for the other title contenders to get far enough ahead of the spoiled child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Webber to crash into Vettel (intentionally) in Brazil to give Alonso the championship and to leave F1 after.

I've lost so much respect for Vettel. He may be a three-time world champion, but he's a fucking cunt all the same.

For my own entertainment I'd love to see this escalate and result in Vettel failing to retain his title due to some race-winning performances from Webber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

For my own entertainment I'd love to see this escalate and result in Vettel failing to retain his title due to some race-winning performances from Webber.

So would I but I just don't think that Webber is good enough to put it up to Vettel. If Hamilton was in Webbers place it would get very interesting.

So would I but I just don't think that Webber is good enough to put it up to Vettel. If Hamilton was in Webbers place it would get very interesting.
    It's unlikely to happen but it would be brilliant to see all the same. I'd love to see him mess up Vettel's chances in some way or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

It's unlikely to happen but it would be brilliant to see all the same. I'd love to see him mess up Vettel's chances in some way or other.
    Hamilton is just as stroppy, even worse in my opinion. F**k it, it was a lousey act but that sort of "I'm going to take this win no matter what" attitude is exactly why people on here love Senna and Schumacher and all the greats. Alonso is loved on here too and he had a strop when McLaren weren't giving him number 1 status. Hamilton had a strop when McLaren wouldn't give him a fast car (among many other strops).
    I'd love to see Vettel doing the decent thing and handing Webber back a victory in a race where he is clearly in front, just to even the score sheet, but I can't see it happening. All he wants is title number 4, and 5, and how ever many more he can get, cause he knows history will only show the results, and fond memories will follow high achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

If a move away from RBR wasn't done and dusted before all this, I think it certainly is now. If not, it will cost Horner his job IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭lolie

If a move away from RBR wasn't done and dusted before all this, I think it certainly is now. If not, it will cost Horner his job IMO

Horner aint lookin to good in all of this, i for one wouldnt be sorry to see him and his smug head gone.
    As for people hoping Webber takes vettel out i doubt marks that sort of person.
    I kinda like the ruthless streak vettel showed in Malaysia, surely Webber could've turned his engine up again and fought back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

lolie wrote: »
    Horner aint lookin to good in all of this, i for one wouldnt be sorry to see him and his smug head gone.
    As for people hoping Webber takes vettel out i doubt marks that sort of person.
    I kinda like the ruthless streak vettel showed in Malaysia, surely Webber could've turned his engine up again and fought back
    I don't think Webber had the pace, I think he had adjusted his strategy to get out in front of Seb as he thought that if he got in front, Seb would stay behind.

It'll make for an interesting season anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Mark Webber has signed a five year deal to race with Porsche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'd like to see Hulkenberg replace him, deserves an opportunity in a top team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

decisions wrote: »
    Linky?

not seen anything yet, announced on radiolemans who are normally very reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Webber handed a 3-place grid penalty for Bahrain

http://inagist.com/all/323408396609019904/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd like to see Hulkenberg replace him, deserves an opportunity in a top team.

The Hulk is the real deal I think, stick him in a top car & he'd be well able to battle it out among the big boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

EnterNow wrote: »
    The Hulk is the real deal I think, stick him in a top car & he'd be well able to battle it out among the big boys

Should have got the seat over Perez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

decisions wrote: »
    Should have got the seat over Perez.

Very disappointed in him so far this season, finished almost 30 seconds back from JB today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭lolie

I'd have picked hulk instead of perez aswell.
    Grosean has been disappointing as well this year.

Advertisement