Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you buy the Orange box, does it act like separate games or all one game? Like could you gift one of the games if you already had it?

Only HL2 and episode 1 can be gifted afterwards. Sure TF2 is free and portal has been free a few times, so it's not really good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is prototype 2 worth 15 quid? I've been watching vids on youtube and it looks like fun.

Won it on PS3 in a competition. It's fine. More of the same of the first game. Wouldn't have bought it or rented it though.

Worth €10, maybe go for the €15 at a push.
    Could always wait until the Xmas sale and it might show up as a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Company of heroes - 2 euro!

how could you not buy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im getting rid of my credit card. Now that I have a visa debit theres no need for it and its only gonna cause problems down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you buy the Orange box, does it act like separate games or all one game? Like could you gift one of the games if you already had it?

Seperate games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Couldn't resist Max Payne 3.

Me 0 - Steam 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It finally got me after 24 hours of staring at the walking dead for half price i caveed, pretty sure ill be picking up a few more things tomorrow now the floodgates are open

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nothings really tickled my fancy yet. Thank F'ck :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Had the twitch a few times but nothing bought so far (buying 6 month subscription on PS2 helped with that to reduce the time I spent on Steam looking for good deals :P ).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Bawn wrote: »
    Rage = Great game. Worked straight out of the box for me. Never an issue (NVidia 570).

Classic id Software shooter. Very meaty feeling. Could have been a better game alright and the ending is abrupt but for the price of a pint? Hell Yeah!

yeah , just found it was a 17.6 gb download though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Bought Max Payne 3 and the Walking Dead last night. Had both on my wishlist for a while, so happy to get both for under €25.

Also thinking of Torchlight 2 but not sure from the demo & I've a feeling that could go to €9.99 in the Christmas or a later sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

civilnug wrote: »
    Couldn't resist Max Payne 3.

Me 0 - Steam 2

Likewise. Max Payne 3 and Awesomenauts. Damnit, Dave, you said you wouldn't...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought Max Payne 2 and 3, as well as To The Moon for €17. Not too shabby.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Likewise. Max Payne 3 and Awesomenauts. Damnit, Dave, you said you wouldn't...

Well I guess you just followed everyone like a... :pac:

Ahhhh borderlands 2, Battlefield 2, Arkham bundle, portal 2, company of heroes and walking dead....

please stop me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Damnit all this talk of awesomenauts, gonna have to pick it up later it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I've gotten Witcher 2 and the Crysis bundle so far, I know this is not the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

VinLieger wrote: »
    Damnit all this talk of awesomenauts, gonna have to pick it up later it seems

lol i picked up 3 copies... why? i dont know :eek: thats what steam sales do to you...

anywya, i got ravaged too, for 4eu its worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah i'd recommend Ravaged at that price, I got it the other day cheap and have been mucking around with it and its fun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol i picked up 3 copies... why? i dont know :eek: thats what steam sales do to you...

anywya, i got ravaged too, for 4eu its worth a try.

Gimmie one, because you're my best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gimmie one, because you're my best friend.

check you inventory! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sure jaysus if anyone is up for some Awesomenauts, add me to the friends list there. Been looking to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm still staying strong

Nothing shall sway me ......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm still staying strong

Nothing shall sway me ......
    Famous last words before somenoe breaks down and begs Steam to sell more to them :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

madrab wrote: »
    Ahhhh borderlands 2, Battlefield 2, Arkham bundle, portal 2, company of heroes and walking dead....

please stop me!

A PC gamer would ask why you don't these already !!

brand new rig :-) first one since about 6 years ago!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

madrab wrote: »
    brand new rig :-) first one since about 6 years ago!

In that case be sure and pick up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. if it appears too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Meant to buy Garry's Mod, travesty that I still don't have it but didn't realise it was a flash sale and missed it. Still holding out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

marco_polo wrote: »
    In that case be sure and pick up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. if it appears too.:)

Bundle here - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/5011/

at 11.99

they are both cheaper seperately:

Call of Pripyat - 6.99 (Discount applied only if you have shadow of... first, cant get them both together)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/41700/?snr=1_6_4__421

Shadow of... - 3.49
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/?snr=1_6_4__421

They don't seem to be displaying anything on their homepage. But I've noticed a hell of a lot of stuff is discounted.

I'd recommend you go searching for anything you've had on a to buy list.

Advertisement