Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn Sale

Options
  • 20-11-2012 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

So apparently Steams autumn sale is starting tomorrow and running till the 27th according to Joystiq.

So what is everyone hoping to see on sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Anything my PC can handle. So basically anything before 2003 LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What!? But I'm not ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Another sale? Bit odd considering Christmas sale will be on late December.

No, too soon, too soon. Already spent 80 euro on PC games this month and now a Steam sale. Hopefully it's as crap as the Halloween sale which is the first time in years when I didn't buy a single thing in a Steam sale.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Perfect timing. I only have 180 Steam games play through at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

for once there are actually no games I want this time around, still playing the last batch I got in the summer sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I suppose I'll pick up The Walking Dead now that episode five is out (hear that Valve? Episode five). It's been reduced to €15 a couple of times in the past, so it'll probably be that price again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably gonna give this sale a miss, got enough games clogging up the place, just bought a PSP today and got AC3 and Lego LoTR shipping Friday.

*strokes credit card* There there, little one, your safe....for now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pawrick wrote: »
    for once there are actually no games I want this time around, still playing the last batch I got in the summer sale

Same here, but i can assure you i'll end up buying stuff i would never normally buy anyway, same as the summer sale..

So, Christmas presents or steamgifts? heh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I suppose I'll pick up The Walking Dead now that episode five is out (hear that Valve? Episode five). It's been reduced to €15 a couple of times in the past, so it'll probably be that price again.

Mightn't be since it was only reduced a month ago for the Halloween sale.

Not sure I'll bother getting anything in this. Don't get paid until next week, so dont have a lot of money atm anyway, but there's nothing that I really want. I'm going to assume nothing new like Dishonoured or XCom gets reduced, and Anno 2070 hasn't moved down in price yet. After that, maybe CS:GO or KOTOR 2 if they're reduced decently

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Likely too soon for anything from like XCOM or Dishonoured to be reduced significantly. Torchlight II looks interesting and is strongly rumoured to have a good % off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For some reason we couldn't download Episode 3 via Steam. :)

I'll just play the wait and see game. They may hold off on most of their stuff until Christmas, but at the same time I can see some big discount on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Would like to see Borderlands 2 as it now has a Mac client.

EDIT: Scratch that, just picked it up for £13.99 from Simplygames.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I remember they had it around this time last year too. You'd think they'd just have a longer sale around Hallowe'en rather than at the end of November, what with the Christmas sale starting three weeks after this one ends.

Would like to see Dawnguard and Dishonored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

Torchlight II will be going on sale, sweet :Dhttp://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/11/16/happy-thanksgiving/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Dishonored is already down to £17.86 from Shopto.net and it supports Steamworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Elysian wrote: »

It's hardly expensive now :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Awesome, seems the graphics card on my Macbook specifically isn't supported. Means I can't buy it even with that shiny Apple symbol :pac:

(this is good as I have a mountain of games to get through and have literally just finished downloading the original)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Used to love the word "steam sale", doesnt carry the same weight when you have a large percentage of the steam library.
    1stworldproblems.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Awesome, seems the graphics card on my Macbook specifically isn't supported. Means I can't buy it even with that shiny Apple symbol :pac:

(this is good as I have a mountain of games to get through and have literally just finished downloading the original)

My one does but it's an Aspyr port so I expect it to run ****ty anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I still haven't even started once batman Arkham city, which I bought on summer sale ( still installed and sitting, waiting ). Plus another 10-20 games that I bought on last summer sale are not even downloaded, so yeah... Around hundreds of games to be played.

So a few more games to get in to my library and never ever play:

Sleeping dogs
    Anno
    Xcom ( don't expect it to drop a lot though )
    Maybe few indies

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Noooooooo not another sale

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think I downloaded like 2 games from the 20 i bought last time round, will hold my money till something arrives thats a must have.

Picked up Ass Creed II, Ass Bro and Ass Rev yesterday from Amazon Ass for €20 in total.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll probably pick up a few things, and not play them for a while. For the price of some of the games, it's definitely worth it, even if you don't plan on playing them immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll probably pick up a few things, and not play them for a while. For the price of some of the games, it's definitely worth it, even if you don't plan on playing them ever.
    Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Does anyone else feel that Steam spends more time in sale mode than normal mode these days!

Unless theres something I really want, ill give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

if the skyrim dlc's are there I'll probably grab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the key they send you is steam compatible right? sorry it's just that i've never bought just a key before :D

edit nevermind, i actually read their product description, game now downloading at 4.0 MB/s now :pac: thanks for the heads up on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a few more games to get in to my library and never ever play:

Sleeping dogs
    Anno
    Xcom ( don't expect it to drop a lot though )
    Maybe few indies

Don't know if it's still on today but this was posted in the gaming bargains thread
    Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition PC €12.24 with code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R
    from greenmangaming.com

So sale expected to start at 6 this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So sale expected to start at 6 this evening?

Assuming it's true, yeah. They all start at 6pm iirc.

Advertisement