Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

New flash sales are up. Rage for 4.99, Dead Island for 6.79 a couple of others and Train Simulator 2013 14.61.

I think I know which one I'll be getting. I always get the latest train simulator as I like having the updated rosters and jerseys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might pick up Dead Island for that price.

Also, is the timer on the main page wrong? It says the Today's Deals offer ends in 31 hours. Doesn't it change every day?

Kiith wrote: »
    Might pick up Dead Island for that price.

Also, is the timer on the main page wrong? It says the Today's Deals offer ends in 31 hours. Doesn't it change every day?

More deals are added. The existing deals don't end when the new ones go up, it's handy if you kinda want something but are worried that something you really want will pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Decent prices being knocked off though no games that tickles me fancy yet, maybe some of the indie games might persuade me.

Got the GTAIV package for €17 since I've never played EFLC and I missed the cheaper deal the other week. Christ, was this tedious to set up;

Download speeds kept dropping after 2 minutes no matter what server I choose so I had to keep changing to keep a consistent speed, when it was installed I had to create a Windows Live account, Windows Live wouldn't accept CD Key, had to figure out what was going on but I checked integrity of the game to get new key, insert key to Live, Live then tells me that I need a 2nd account for a gamertag, go create a gamertag on Xbox.com, enter in new CD key and then wait for it to sort out my profile for a few minutes.

I did the offline account but this was just so I could have access to the multiplayer. I had the cracked version of GTAIV years ago and it never gave me this much trouble :pac:

Anyways, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is going for €15.99, that's one I recommend that's good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

awesome m8. just placed the order. do they send cd key in email and how long does it usually takes?

you should have held off as ShaneU just posted in the bargain thread that it will be $14.99 (€11.70) tomorrow on Amazon.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'd get RAGE, but it's too damn short and runs like crap in PC.

Unless something I really want pops up at an unbelievable price ill be skipping this sale. Spent close to 80 euro on games over the past two weeks, Darksiders 2,Prototype 2, Lego Batman 2 and a load of stuff on GOG which when combined with my backlog of console games and previous Steam Sale purchases means ill be kept busy for a few years as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ....remember when that train simulator 2012 thing was 90% off last time?
    "its a train simulator"
    "but off its 90 percent off!"
    " but trains?!?"
    "NINETY PERCENT!"
    "Shut up and take my money!!"

I cant believe how expensive the DLC is for it though. Like 30 quid a for each pack normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just spent 40 quid on games ill probably never play. F*ck yeah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I forgot how much l love Steam download speeds. After suffering through a few PSN downloads, 2.6 MB/S is a sight for sore eyes :D Edit: 3.9 MB/S, oh yes.

Anyway, Walking Dead is all I bought and all I intend on buying (fat bloody chance). Might pick up Hotline Miami before the sale ends in preparation for its Mac release, whenever that may be.

Also didn't realise the new 2D Boy "game" Little Inferno was out already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Liamario wrote: »
    I'd get RAGE, but it's too damn short and runs like crap in PC.

Are you sure the pc problems were not patched?

I forgot how much l love Steam download speeds. After suffering through a few PSN downloads, 2.6 MB/S is a sight for sore eyes :D Edit: 3.9 MB/S, oh yes.

Anyway, Walking Dead is all I bought and all I intend on buying (fat bloody chance). Might pick up Hotline Miami before the sale ends in preparation for its Mac release, whenever that may be.

Also didn't realise the new 2D Boy "game" Little Inferno was out already!

The download speeds are magnificent, I started downloading Deus Ex and Darkisders 2 before playing Dishonoured fir an hour or so. Close to 20 gigs between them but both were finished when I exited out of Dishonoured. Was a joy to behold especially considering that Gungrave took close to 17 hours to download off of the PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

tuxy wrote: »
    Are you sure the pc problems were not patched?
    Some problems were, but not all as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How much is Dishonoured? At work so I can't check? Is it a flash deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bawn

Rage = Great game. Worked straight out of the box for me. Never an issue (NVidia 570).

Classic id Software shooter. Very meaty feeling. Could have been a better game alright and the ending is abrupt but for the price of a pint? Hell Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bawn

CastorTroy wrote: »

€37.49 - on special - not a flash deal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

CastorTroy wrote: »

Only a 25% reduction to 37.75 euro or something like that, considering its a steamworks game that can be bought for 19.99 pounds on amazon definitely better value to be had elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Its €34.97 on gamestop.ie

http://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/12136/dishonored

possibly less on friday when they have their Black friday sale, I'd wait.

EDIT: or amazon as suggested above

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Dishonored £17.49 GAME exclusive Special Edition
    Special Edition Details

72 Tarot Card Deck complete with instructions to play the 'Game of Nancy'

The Arkane Assassin Pack, including exclusive in-game items:
    Void Channel: Powers duration and damage bonus
    White Rat Friend: White rats will not be hostile
    Gutter Feast: White rat consumption for mana
    Unhidden Book: “Filed Notes: The Journal of Granny Rags”

Plus additional in-game bonuses:
    Whale In-Game Statue: Unlocks one additional slot for bone charm bonuses earlier than other players
    500 Bonus Coins
    http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_10151_10201__44____ProductDisplayErrorView?productId=181795

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there any reason the COD games never seem to come down in price?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

They make enough money without having to do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Even the older ones?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Because people keep buying them at their hilariously inflated prices.

Case in point: MW3 is currently 25% off at £29.99 and is sitting at #91 on the Top Sellers list. I'd imagine it'd be even higher were it not for the current sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Is Spec Ops The Line worth getting for 10? Remember it got not great reviews when came out but was praised for its story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Zombrex wrote: »
    Is Spec Ops The Line worth getting for 10? Remember it got not great reviews when came out but was praised for its story.
    It's worth getting for considerably more than that. Ignore the pointless multiplayer and you'll be treated to one of the best single player campaigns of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

While the story in spec ops the line was an ok game(very short), you would be better off watching Apocalypse Now or reading Heart of Darkness. Same story really.

gizmo wrote: »
    Because people keep buying them at their hilariously inflated prices.

Case in point: MW3 is currently 25% off at £29.99 and is sitting at #91 on the Top Sellers list. I'd imagine it'd be even higher were it not for the current sale.

Fair point, I just fancied playing through MW/MW2's campaigns but not for £20 a pop.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Whilst not up to the same co-op brilliance as Borderlands or "Left for Dead", I very much enjoyed the co-op play on MW2/MW3. Too many late nights trying to stop Juggernauts on the 3-star missions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you buy the Orange box, does it act like separate games or all one game? Like could you gift one of the games if you already had it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is prototype 2 worth 15 quid? I've been watching vids on youtube and it looks like fun.

Advertisement