Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac drive price 600m2 .

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Will get a few pics done at the weekend, away at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

macadam wrote: »
    Area a) 210m2 with a finished depth of 60mm of 10mm SMA 30 tonnes
    Area b) 245m2 as above 36 tonnes
    Area c) 175m2 as above 26 tonnes
    Area d) 396m2 as above 58 tonnes

Total area of 1026m2 to include prep and a camber to each side for run off.
    I will allow a 20mm blinding to grade the existing surface and create falls etc and a finish depth of 60mm 10mm SMA 150 tonnes approx €16 per m2
    That rate is based on my supply rate and my locality and on the complete area being done.
    New to all this and trying to understand the costs of tarmac as looking at buying a house that will need some tarmac done outside. When you use the figure of € 16 per m2 + VAT in the example above does that include everything - Labour, delivery materials - I understand that any prep work would be extra. Looking at 300m2 around the house and a laneway approx 100m long and 3m wide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Tweaky wrote: »
    New to all this and trying to understand the costs of tarmac as looking at buying a house that will need some tarmac done outside. When you use the figure of € 16 per m2 + VAT in the example above does that include everything - Labour, delivery materials - I understand that any prep work would be extra. Looking at 300m2 around the house and a laneway approx 100m long and 3m wide

As I stated above..
    I will allow a 20mm blinding to grade the existing surface and create falls etc and a finish depth of 60mm 10mm SMA 150 tonnes approx €16 per m2
    That rate is based on my supply rate and my locality and on the complete area being done.
    Includes blinding and 60mm of sma, your area is smaller so you would b looking approx €17.50m2 .All rates ex vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

As I stated above..
    Includes blinding and 60mm of sma, your area is smaller so you would b looking approx €17.50m2 .All rates ex vat.

Mac, can you clear some room in your inbox, I'd like to run a quote past you for a driveway job please.
    D.

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    Mac, can you clear some room in your inbox, I'd like to run a quote past you for a driveway job please.
    D.[/Cleared a bit of the clutter fire away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PaulD086

Hi. Thanks for this thread, it had been very informative. I have about 2500 sq mt Car Park, already has some kind of Maccadem laid already, but has 20 years age on it and needs a refresh.. can anybody give me an idea of what I should do, I'm thinking lay something over it, maybe SMA, how thick though? I'm in Cork City so any kind of ballpark pricing would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 well boss

Hi Guy’s,

Looking for advice/direction.

Great thread – learning a lot….New to posting..

Large driveway around house. 825m2. Looking to get 50mm SMA. Quoted for 10 soak pits under SMA, machine laid. The main fall section is piped for drain off into field which is lower. Kerbing is done along with 804 for the last 3 years.

Private road used by farm and link into house drive. 885m2. Looking to get SMA or double tar and Chip. Grass verge each side. 804 and quarry dust in place.

Questions:
    How many tons required around house at 50mm
    Is 50mm SMA thick enough for shared road into farm/house?
    Would double tar and chip be enough for shared road used into farm/house?
    Price for all SMA at 50mm
    Price for all SMA at 50mm for house and 60mm for the lane
    Price double tar and chip on lane.
    With only having grass verge on the lane what will the thickness be on the edge. Ie tapered down to 0. Or will it be 50mm at the edge and the centre higher to allow for taper?

A lot of questions…
    Thanks in advance

well boss wrote: »
    Hi Guy’s,

Looking for advice/direction.

Great thread – learning a lot….New to posting..

Large driveway around house. 825m2. Looking to get 50mm SMA. Quoted for 10 soak pits under SMA, machine laid. The main fall section is piped for drain off into field which is lower. Kerbing is done along with 804 for the last 3 years.

Private road used by farm and link into house drive. 885m2. Looking to get SMA or double tar and Chip. Grass verge each side. 804 and quarry dust in place.

Questions:
    How many tons required around house at 50mm
    Is 50mm SMA thick enough for shared road into farm/house?
    Would double tar and chip be enough for shared road used into farm/house?
    Price for all SMA at 50mm
    Price for all SMA at 50mm for house and 60mm for the lane
    Price double tar and chip on lane.
    With only having grass verge on the lane what will the thickness be on the edge. Ie tapered down to 0. Or will it be 50mm at the edge and the centre higher to allow for taper?

A lot of questions…
    Thanks in advance

Obviously not learning enough.. post up a few pictures there "boss".

Looks like I need to post 5 times before I'm allowed to share photos......��

Any other advice

• Advertisement

well boss wrote: »
    Looks like I need to post 5 times before I'm allowed to share photos......��

Youve been on here over 8 years !!!

Ya, signed up but but never posted....
    I've questions now that I need answers for.

Getting into it. Post # 4

All going to plan I'll post a few photos tomorrow.

# 5 in the bag....

All going to plan I'll post a few photos tomorrow.

# 5 in the bag....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Any Mayo folks use Moran Tarmacadam in Kilkelly?
    Finally going to be able to get this work done. I got quoted back 4 years ago of 6k to 9.5k.

Need to go around the houses a bit as I'm sure prices have changed.

So Keavney was 6.5. O'Malley was 9.5. Big difference. Been told Moran is excellent.

But need to hear of experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

yop wrote: »
    Finally going to be able to get this work done. I got quoted back 4 years ago of 6k to 9.5k.

So Keavney was 6.5. O'Malley was 9.5. Big difference. Been told Moran is excellent.

They done a house for my father, it must be 8 or 9 years ago and it was top quality work, I couldn't fault them at all

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They done a house for my father, it must be 8 or 9 years ago and it was top quality work, I couldn't fault them at all

Thanks v much. Thats good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thanks v much. Thats good to hear.

O'Malley by a country mile, fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

+1 for Moran as well. He did mine and no issues with him and it is in a few years now. Keeping the moss off it is most grief I get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

But need to hear of experiences.[/quote

I got a few quotes around last year, Moran was not the cheapest by a long shot , I would have a longish driveway,pleasant guy though but I am more worried about drainage than the tar in a way and he laser levelled it all and came up with a drainage plan, so that impressed me, I said ok do it, he said 8 weeks, I said fine after about 10, I rang he said 3/4 I said ok, rang twice after that, kept saying he would be doing it soon, I said my worry was the 'grant' would run out at Xmas and I would loose it, he said no problem I will have it done before then, never heard from him since ..... things have changed but I hopefully will tar this year, I don't know if I will ring him again as I am not one for chasing people to give them work. Mooney&Kirrane do a lot of work around they have been at it since the 60's so they must have learned a few things along the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Is there a GRANT for putting tar on driveways

clogher71 wrote: »

But need to hear of experiences.[/quote

I got a few quotes around last year, Moran was not the cheapest by a long shot , I would have a longish driveway,pleasant guy though but I am more worried about drainage than the tar in a way and he laser levelled it all and came up with a drainage plan, so that impressed me, I said ok do it, he said 8 weeks, I said fine after about 10, I rang he said 3/4 I said ok, rang twice after that, kept saying he would be doing it soon, I said my worry was the 'grant' would run out at Xmas and I would loose it, he said no problem I will have it done before then, never heard from him since ..... things have changed but I hopefully will tar this year, I don't know if I will ring him again as I am not one for chasing people to give them work. Mooney&Kirrane do a lot of work around they have been at it since the 60's so they must have learned a few things along the way....

Thats not great to hear. Was the quote any dearer than O'Malley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

o mally is a gentleman , i have no experiance of his product

fepper wrote: »
    Is there a GRANT for putting tar on driveways

It qualifies nut the home renovation Incentive. Basically the vat rate is reduced to zero through a tax credit Closing data for work done and paid for is Dec 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

clogher71 wrote: »

Thats not great to hear. Was the quote any dearer than O'Malley?

I did not go in to too much details with o'malleys at the time as I was not home when the Rep called, he was to come back another day with a laser level, but never did, iirc o malleys 'ballpark' price was not much more than moran, but as I say he was to return. I rang maddens in ballinrobe at the time and someone was to call me, but never did, I might try them again....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Bella86

I am from Louth and looking to get driveway tarmac ed.. it currently is grass (part of lawn) but I want to extend the driveway. The area is approx 150 m2... if I get the area set up for tarmac i.e 804 laid out etc .. how much would tarmac cost approximately? Am I looking at unrealistic cost I just wouldn't have a clue any advice would be great!

PaulD086 wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for this thread, it had been very informative. I have about 2500 sq mt Car Park, already has some kind of Maccadem laid already, but has 20 years age on it and needs a refresh.. can anybody give me an idea of what I should do, I'm thinking lay something over it, maybe SMA, how thick though? I'm in Cork City so any kind of ballpark pricing would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

Pm me and Ill give you all you need, few on here taking the proverbial..

Bella86 wrote: »
    I am from Louth and looking to get driveway tarmac ed.. it currently is grass (part of lawn) but I want to extend the driveway. The area is approx 150 m2... if I get the area set up for tarmac i.e 804 laid out etc .. how much would tarmac cost approximately? Am I looking at unrealistic cost I just wouldn't have a clue any advice would be great!

One supplier of tarmac/asphalt in Louth, Kilsaran concrete, you could contact them for recommended contractors..
    What part of Louth are you from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Bella86

Pm me and Ill give you all you need, few on here taking the proverbial..

Hi macadam any chance you could advise on my query above? 😀

Advertisement