Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac drive price 600m2 .

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Hi all I have a yard 160 m2 yard I’m looking to do something with it I presume tarmac is the cheapest option for a solid surface? Any idea how much this would cost I’m in the midlands thanks

Anyone?

Hello?

Hi all I have a yard 160 m2 yard I’m looking to do something with it I presume tarmac is the cheapest option for a solid surface? Any idea how much this would cost I’m in the midlands thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

Any reviews good or bad on Fitzpatricks Driveways in Louth? They have a FB page but very little else online about them. They are very reasonably priced & the man who came to measure up was absolutely sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Cullaville maybe? Ardee Asphalt, sands and fretwells are all very good.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mayoman2023

would anyone be able to give me an estimate to tarmac 600 mts2 in mayo. Drainage etc already done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

Thank you

Had Ardee asphalt out & while they were a lovely crowd, very professional & friendly, they were almost double the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

There’s a reason for everything @BobC88, if you price up a few of those I sent you and if your original quote is half the price I’d say ask yourself why?

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭farmer2018

What's the going rate of stone mastic asphalt 50mm depth per square meter layed ATM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 goat.sniffer

Hi,

Is it essential to get machine laid as opposed to hand laid? Have 500m² driveway in Mayo to do. Plenty of scope for machine laid. Priced at €10,700 for hand laid. The guy (reputable company from what I gather) only does hand laid.

The only other price I got was €14,000. That was machine laid. Big difference in the 2 prices .. but just curious about hand laid, don't want it to be a disaster...

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

In 2023 i would find it hard to believe that a reputable company does not have a machine for laying tar. I'm not trying to influence you either way as i wouldn't know enough about it but i would imagine machine would be better.

They are a reputable company from what I can gather. They're on the go for a very long time but I do agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leoncollins1

Hi all. Has anyone heard of prestige surfacing based in Dublin. Got a quote but not finding much online other than a website. No reviews etc

What would be the going rate at the moment for circa 350 sq M of SMA?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Conorkcp

Looking for a recommendation of someone to put asphalt on a 300m lane in Co Meath. Would appreciate a DM with a recommendation if anyone knows someone good who would cover Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Holidaysss

Hello fellow forum members, I recently came across a handy Tarmac Driveway Cost Calculator provided by TarmacDriveways.ie. It's quite user-friendly and offers a quick way to get an estimated cost for tarmac driveways based on your specific area size. It might be worth checking out if you're planning a project and need a rough idea of the budget required ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Iguarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Very cynical there Iguarantee lol.

The website is very informative imo and as they're in Dublin and I'm the other side of the Shannon I don't have any skin in the game (apart from being interested in refreshing my driveway by painting/sealing it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I have a driveway which would be around 550 m2, it has been done in tar and chip for over 30 years, had it redone once, seems to last around 15 years at a time. It is all downhill with a decent incline inside the gateway, into a corner and then levels off.

It has a few potholes now on a corner uphill where cars and lorries put down power and grip, plus has had some erosion with water running downhill over the years as the cross-channel drains have blocked.

Two questions really - should i stick with tar and chip to redo and resurface it? If so, what would the approximate cost be? I presume this would be just fill in the potholes, roll it, spray tar on and rechip it, so shouldnt be as expensive as some of the figures Ive read on here?

Or should I go with tarmac or SMA, which I presume would be much more expensive? Any ballpark? And would this actually be more durable?

Advertisement