Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate 500gb Hardrive €49.99 in Argos (with free 4gb memory stick)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

They might be the christmas staff...

I've read the reviews on the 4gb drive and it doesn't look particularly great but free is free! I've reserved mine for st. stephen's green.

The toshiba drive is really quite nice. Just need a computer that has usb 3.0 to take full advantage of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Do you just order the seagate drive online and they give you the toshiba drive when you go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is the 1tb unpowered too?

I called into my local Argos to collect the 500GB HD I had reserved and before I picked it up I had a quick look to see there weren't any other similar offers and spotted this identical drive except with 1TB of storage reduced from €119.99 to €82.99 so I thought for the extra €33 I might as well have the larger drive...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9052798/Trail/searchtext%3EUSB.htm#tab3

I already have a couple of 1TB drives similar to this and they both cost well over €120 when I bought them, its quite small and neat and I also noticed when I brought it home that although the ad says its USB 2, the packaging says its USB 3...

It also comes with the free 4GB memory stick which was out of stock but due in on Tuesday so the cashier very kindly reserved one for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Yes, powered through the USB, same physical dimensions as the 500GB version, twice the capacity for an extra thirty quid....

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Yes, powered through the USB, same physical dimensions as the 500GB version, twice the capacity for an extra thirty quid....

It's the actual Seagate 1TB though:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9052798/Trail/searchtext%3ESEAGATE.htm

.... rather than another secret sub Toshiba Canvio ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is the free USB stick they give/will give the Sandisk one or has anyone been given/reserved one of the other brands?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Code for Liffey Valley, valid until tomorrow 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just a head's up that the price on their website seems to have gone up to €59:99 now despite it saying that the previous price was valid until 27/11/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Jnealon wrote: »
    Code for Liffey Valley, valid until tomorrow 26th
    Are they giving out the Seagate or the Toshiba in Liffey Valley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Seagate out of stock in limerick last week pre-ordered on line for new stock arriving 23rd collected today instore and was given the Toshiba No 4gb memory stick in stock due in middle of next week so have to collect then.

afro man wrote: »
    Seagate out of stock in limerick last week pre-ordered on line for new stock arriving 23rd collected today instore and was given the Toshiba No 4gb memory stick in stock due in middle of next week so have to collect then.
    Which store in Limerick was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

picked up mine today, had ordered it wed/thurs and they honoured the 49.99 price as price only went up yesterday.got free memory stick too. thanks OP ;)

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Which store in Limerick was that?

childers road

afro man wrote: »
    childers road
    Do you know if they had them instore? Mite be heading to Limerick tomorrow.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Do you know if they had them instore? Mite be heading to Limerick tomorrow.

I think there was 2 left instore but not 100% because i also checked 1TB Seagate check online if you can as it tells you what stock is left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

it's back at the €49.99 price and extended until 11th of december.

also the offer of getting a €5 voucher when you spend €50 or more is back on until the 8th of december so if you're getting it on it's own just get a plastic bag with it to take it over €50.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reserved one today, and will pick it up later. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Just reserved and picked up one in Longford. Got them to add on an extra 1cent "for charity" to bring the total to €50 and got the €5 voucher as well as the free 4gb memory stick. :D

I didn't get the Toshiba drive though :(

I got the Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 portable drive, model STBX500200. The same as this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STBX500200-500GB-Expansion-External/dp/B0084LZIB8/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Still not a bad deal and it's a better model than the USB 2.0 one other people suggested it was earlier in the thread.

Not sure what would have happened if I had tried to refused it hoping for the Toshiba as they made it clear that it was exempted from the 30day money back guarantee.

Advertisement