Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate 500gb Hardrive €49.99 in Argos (with free 4gb memory stick)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

twinsen wrote: »
    Hi

I wouldn't mind to get the code for Blanch west end :)

PM'ed it to you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Amazon reviews here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats the Toshiba. The seagates don't have a great rep. I'd only use the seagates if you have a copy of the data somewhere else.

BostonB wrote: »
    Thats the Toshiba. The seagates don't have a great rep. I'd only use the seagates if you have a copy of the data somewhere else.

As far as I'm aware, everyone received the Toshiba ones (box has the cat. code for the Seagate, so Argos did a product substitution). Agree about the Seagate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Libera wrote: »
    PM'ed it to you! ;)
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

just a reminder to everyone to buy a bag when there - that way you spend over €50 and get a €5 off next purchase voucher (the voucher I got was valid up to xmas eve)

donnacha wrote: »
    just a reminder to everyone to buy a bag when there - that way you spend over €50 and get a €5 off next purchase voucher (the voucher I got was valid up to xmas eve)

Good tip...voucher offer only on until 18th, so don't buy a bag after that so...unless you really need one! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Missed out on this! Desperate to get an external harddrive, will have to keep my eyes on this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I went to blanch west end to pick up one , but they some network issue and and they could sell anything. I couldn't wait so didn't use it.
    Here is the reservation number 508223 if anyone needs it. its valid only today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

twinsen wrote: »
    I went to blanch west end to pick up one , but they some network issue and and they could sell anything. I couldn't wait so didn't use it.
    Here is the reservation number 508223 if anyone needs it. its valid only today.
    Thanks for that, just used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Libera wrote: »
    Being Boardsie spirited, res. codes for the following available for Saturday collection until the store closes - PM me Sat morning (first come!) ;):

Dundrum x1
    Stephen's Green x1
    Castlebar x1
    Dundalk Retail Park x1 - gone to rachaelf750
    Blanch. West End x1 - gone to twinsen.
    Nutgrove x1 - gone to ROVER
    Liffey Valley x1 - gone to Dammer
    Cork Mahon x1 - gone to Cherry_Cola
    Thanks Libera picked up mine in Nutgrove also got €5 voucher however need to pick up the thumb drive later or in another branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Picked one up in Mahon earlier. They didn't have the thumb drive but I was able to get it at another branch. Thanks a million Libera.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Got it ..dead chuffed ...cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭zarkov

Libera, Is the Castlebar one still available?

zarkov wrote: »
    Libera, Is the Castlebar one still available?

No, it was to close of business on Saturday only. Went back into stock around 6 p.m. and think it was there for an our or two. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭zarkov

No problem, thanks for getting back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

hi guys more of these hard drives available to order for wed 21 to fri 23 nov
    just reserved one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Thanks for that, just ordered one for myself....

In the spirit of the board I've just reserved ten of these in every Argos in the country including Northern Ireland for everyone else on here, just PM me to let know how many you want and where you want them, otherwise my family are going to be up to their necks in discounted USB hard Drives, electric razors and Call Of Duty games this Christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Only kidding, don't PM me....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

hi guys more of these hard drives available to order for wed 21 to fri 23 nov
    just reserved one

ta, just ordered one myself, glad to get another one before they go back up in price on the 27th......was beginning to regret posting it as a bargain alert when they were all out of stock the last few days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Is it a 2.5" hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,115 ✭✭✭✭Esel

faigs wrote: »
    Is it a 2.5" hard drive?
    Yes. External, USB 3.0 (works on USB 2.0 too obviously).

Are you thinking of gutting it to put the actual drive into a laptop? Sometimes the disk drive inside an external enclosure does not have a standard connection....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

A good few popped up around this morning. Seems to be plenty in Limerick if anyone's interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Can't decide if I should pull the trigger on this or not :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anyone know what'd happen if you just went into the shop & asked for the Toshiba, would you get it for €50 or would it be seventy something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got the seagate this evening in Liffey Valley

No flash drives in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Esel wrote: »
    Yes. External, USB 3.0 (works on USB 2.0 too obviously).

Are you thinking of gutting it to put the actual drive into a laptop? Sometimes the disk drive inside an external enclosure does not have a standard connection....

Cheers, no, just to sit on top of an upstanding XBox!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Gadge wrote: »
    A good few popped up around this morning. Seems to be plenty in Limerick if anyone's interested!

Yep I'm in Limerick and need one but haven't any money till Friday. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just reserved one in Tullamore,bit of an extra trip but worth it i think.
    Naas and Portlaoise out of stock, i dont want to risk new stock not arriving which happened me before with argos.

Advertisement