Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate 500gb Hardrive €49.99 in Argos (with free 4gb memory stick)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Are they giving out Seagate one's now or they are still giving out the Toshiba ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

There is 4 left in Dundrum and 4 in Omni if people are quick

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I`m robbed from these alerts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yep I'm in Limerick and need one but haven't any money till Friday. :(

reserve it on line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

If there's a wait (mines not in til the weekend) I'm guessing they've got the seagate ones in instead of toshiba.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I just collected a Toshiba one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Where did you collect from?

Edit: - sorry see you got it from Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

afro man wrote: »
    reserve it on line :D

I did but it wants it collected by the close of business wednesday. I cannot buy it till Thursday at the earliest(paid at midnight) so I know you can extend a reservation. How do I do that?

Store or Customer Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just reserved on of these. Are they definitely USB 3.0 (Seagate or Toshiba)?

Just got a toshiba (usb 3.0) from st. stephen's green.

They didn't have any usb drives though - I'll have to come back later to get that.

• Advertisement

Toshiba is definitely USB 3.0 , i plugged it into my USB 3.0 port on back of PC ie the motherboard,the ones on my case are 2.0
    I cant get over how small it is, smaller than my smartphone but thicker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

Thanks OP
    just after picking one up in limerick now, it's seagate usb3

Well impressed with the speed of this little HD running on USB 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I did but it wants it collected by the close of business wednesday. I cannot buy it till Thursday at the earliest(paid at midnight) so I know you can extend a reservation. How do I do that?

Store or Customer Service?

as far as i know you just reserve item again after before close of business on wednesday should cover you untill friday

Dcully wrote: »
    Toshiba is definitely USB 3.0 , i plugged it into my USB 3.0 port on back of PC ie the motherboard,the ones on my case are 2.0
    I cant get over how small it is, smaller than my smartphone but thicker :)

It's tiny! It's actually smaller than my phone volume-wise.

500gb will do me fine for the next while (my laptop only has 320)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

Just a heads up folks: If you save the receipt, they will apply the offer of the USB drive (the 4Gb Sandisk Slow-as-feck one, you know) once that they get stock. You just need to show the receipt.

Also: Collected one in Dundrum yesterday and they gave me the Toshiba.

mikesp wrote: »
    Just a heads up folks: If you save the receipt, they will apply the offer of the USB drive (the 4Gb Sandisk Slow-as-feck one, you know) once that they get stock. You just need to show the receipt.

Also: Collected one in Dundrum yesterday and they gave me the Toshiba.

Yup - it's valid for 2 months afterwards. So if it's in stock anywhere in the country you can go and claim your free gift from that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Thry gave me the Toshiba in Longford this morn too-thanx for the heads up...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

First class bargain.. Picked up the last one in Fundalk. Toshiba too so bonus !! Cheers OP.

• Advertisement

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Yup - it's valid for 2 months afterwards. So if it's in stock anywhere in the country you can go and claim your free gift from that store.

The USB sticks seem to be available to order into shops again, just as a heads up for those who didn't get a free gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I told the guys in work about this and 3 of them got them in Stephens Green

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Skerries wrote: »
    I told the guys in work about this and 3 of them got them in Stephens Green

did the just go in & ask for one or did they reserve them?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

plenty of stock shwing around the country. got one reserved fr pick up myself

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9052781

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Went into Sligo today with my res number, was told it was on hold to 26th in the message they sent me yesterday, the girl told me it was out of stock and the hold just lasts a day?! Really pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I called into my local Argos to collect the 500GB HD I had reserved and before I picked it up I had a quick look to see there weren't any other similar offers and spotted this identical drive except with 1TB of storage reduced from €119.99 to €82.99 so I thought for the extra €33 I might as well have the larger drive...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9052798/Trail/searchtext%3EUSB.htm#tab3

I already have a couple of 1TB drives similar to this and they both cost well over €120 when I bought them, its quite small and neat and I also noticed when I brought it home that although the ad says its USB 2, the packaging says its USB 3...

It also comes with the free 4GB memory stick which was out of stock but due in on Tuesday so the cashier very kindly reserved one for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Picked up mine today,got a Toshiba.No €5 gift card due to the ineptitude of the girl at the counter (in fairness it was her 2nd day on the job) & he eagerness to grab my €50 and put through the transaction before I got a chance to get something to go over the €50 threshold.No flash drives in stock which confused her even more,her colleague was of little help either.

Anyhow,a Toshiba drive for €49.99 is excellent,cheers op:)

zerks wrote: »
    Picked up mine today,got a Toshiba.No €5 gift card due to the ineptitude of the girl at the counter (in fairness it was her 2nd day on the job) & he eagerness to grab my €50 and put through the transaction before I got a chance to get something to go over the €50 threshold.No flash drives in stock which confused her even more,her colleague was of little help either.

Anyhow,a Toshiba drive for €49.99 is excellent,cheers op:)

The 5 euro voucher offer has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭bren2001

Picked a Toshiba up in Santry Omniplex today. Didnt have an USB's in stock, have to return on Wednesday. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thirdfox wrote: »
    The 5 euro voucher offer has expired.

Cheers,she didn't have a clue anyway.The free flash drive nearly melted her brain.They won't be in stock down my way 'til Tuesday-hope I don't encounter her when I walk in with my receipt & reservation number.

Advertisement