Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate 500gb Hardrive €49.99 in Argos (with free 4gb memory stick)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Harvey norman have a 500gb for 55 euro if you need an alternative

http://www.harveynorman.ie/seagate-multimedia-hard-drive-stbx500200.html

I can confirm it needs no power supply, and its a new enough 7200 rpm model.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Thats a great price for 750gb. Was there any more available there?

No, they just had the one but the Seagate desktop 1TB was still there last night. Just the one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

They gave me the Toshiba 500gb hard drive also, checked it in PC World and same model is €99, sound op

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

leex wrote: »
    The "free" usb stick was otu of stock in the store I went to. They let me pay the balance to get a 32gb one.

I also got a Toshiba non mains powered unit instead of the one advertised.

Which store was this in Leex?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

leex wrote: »
    The "free" usb stick was otu of stock in the store I went to. They let me pay the balance to get a 32gb one.

I also got a Toshiba non mains powered unit instead of the one advertised.

Which store was this in Leex? I am going to try do this too, in case they try to refuse me I'd like to be able say I heard of someone doing it in such and such a store!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

currys have a 1tb for 79.

Torn between this one
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/WESTERN-DIGITAL-My-Passport-Portbl-Hard-Drive-1TB-Blue/313074/326

and the original one listed. Anyone have experience with the WD My Passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Deedsie wrote: »
    Which store was this in Leex? I am going to try do this too, in case they try to refuse me I'd like to be able say I heard of someone doing it in such and such a store!

Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Torn between this one
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/WESTERN-DIGITAL-My-Passport-Portbl-Hard-Drive-1TB-Blue/313074/326

and the original one listed. Anyone have experience with the WD My Passport?

I have older ones, which get chucked about and none of them have died yet.

If you have a multiple copies of your data and backups in difference places and on difference media, DVD, HD, Cloud, then HD failures are a non issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Be careful, some HDD are not good compared to others e.g. hitachi have bad rep while back

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Got this deal today in Cruises Street Limerick. They gave me a Toshiba 500GB usb3.0 drive.
    Happy days. I had to ask for the USB pen drive though but got it after i asked. Thanks OP.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

seems to be sold out everywhere
    what do you do to get the toshiba one instead? have ppl gotten this at the same price and with the free usb stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Got a toshiba and free 4gb memory stick too in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Wizard

I got the Toshiba in carlow and the USB stick too, cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

i got the toshiba too, but no memory sticks in jervis so i have to go back to any store within a month to collect. unfortunately they didnt accept when i offered to just take a gift voucher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

anyone not using their reservation, I would like one please:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I notice a few of these are available again in Stephens Green. Can anyone that got the original drive confirm if its USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? I am referring to the Seagate and not the Toshiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picked up mine in Liffey Valley today at lunchtime. I too got the Toshiba drive and it's definitely USB 3.0. The memory stick is a nice little neat one that fits on a key ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

Also got the Toshiba and usb key in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

I got the Toshiba in The Cresent Limerick this evening with the free usb stick.Very neat and tidy unit.There is no external power supply unit with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Thanks OP (this 'Bargains' lark costs me a fortune!:rolleyes:). Got the Toshiba in Tallaght, with a call back for the memory stick which you have to ask for it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

reserved the last 2 seagate ones in Athlone. went to collect them today and was delighted to see I got the Toshiba ones instead. 100 blips for 2 500GB portable USB 3.0 HD's is great, with the added bonus of 2x4GB flash drives. Thanks OP!:D

Link to the Toshiba one on Amazon (about €72).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

soundstore have the toshiba 500gb for 69.99 and for anyone near one of their stores they are having a 15% sale tonight 7 to 10pm bringing it to under 60. Not sure thats all stores or just the sarsfield road in cork who I got a text from.
    http://www.soundstore.ie/Product/Toshiba-HDTB105EK3AA-500GB-Portbl-USB-30-Hard-Drive/3222/2218.3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 33 faithfulfan

Thanks OP, ordered 2, 1 for myself and 1 for a family member. I got the 2 usb disks and I ordered a plastic bag as well to take price to 100 meaning I got Argos voucher for 10 euro back.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

ralphie wrote: »
    I got the Toshiba in The Cresent Limerick this evening with the free usb stick.Very neat and tidy unit.There is no external power supply unit with it.

quick Query did you reserve the Seagate and did they give you the tosibha when you went in to collect or did they offer you toshiba as alternative when you went to purchase at Cashdesk.

Reserved Seagate and just handed Toshiba with no mention as to why but the latter has the catalogue number of the Seagate on it.

[Sorry, gone] Have one reserved in Dun Laoghaire until end of today but can't collect - pm if anyone wants the reservation no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just picked up one in Stephens Green. Was given the Toshiba USB 3.0 one. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Have a reservation code for Dundalk don't need anymore if anyone wants it its up tonight at 9. Just reply here ill pm you don't want loads of pms first to ask gets it.

• Advertisement

[GONE] Spare code for Nutgrove until 9 tonight - first pm gets!

Advertisement