Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightning,Torrential Rain & Gale Force Winds for Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Bsal

Nice bit of lightning activity to the W and SW

UK_sfloc_sat-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest models have front at it's most intense just as it exits the east coast. Let's hope it get it's gear on a little sooner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Nice bit of weather out there tonight which is nice:)...Tbh a little part of me is going to miss torrential1..He has been entertaining to say the least:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

He won't miss us. He's off to see the wizard of oz tomorrow.

Back on topic. I'm somewhat excited about tonight. I'm on the road for 6am so could be fun in the morning as I drive to the big smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Latest models have front at it's most intense just as it exits the east coast. Let's hope it get it's gear on a little sooner :D

What time are we looking at for the east coast/wexford wc? I'd check myself but on the tablet and looking at models on this is challenging to say the least

• Advertisement

baraca wrote: »
    What time are we looking at for the east coast/wexford wc? I'd check myself but on the tablet and looking at models on this is challenging to say the least

Edit,

East coast ETA 5-8am

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Weather is destroying the the Saorview signal here (north kildare), bring back analogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

What time around is this due in the west of ireland...before midnite?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,663 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Weather is destroying the the Saorview signal here (north kildare), bring back analogue!

My Sky box just crashed - heavy hail here now too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Torrential rain here in Dublin 15 last 30 mins. Was this expected this early or is it only the advance party??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Can I just reiterate a very old rule in the Weather forum for the next 12 or so hours.

Pics/video or it never happened! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

In darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    In darkness?

Yes no exceptions, I will accept sound recordings if darkness is an issue :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Torrential rain here in Dublin 15 last 30 mins. Was this expected this early or is it only the advance party??

Just an isolated heavy shower, the main stuff is just coming into view on the radar now

Bit of a surprise to come on here and see all this, I last logged on at 8am and there was no real mention of it. Thinking I'm a bit too far west for the more intense stuff but should be an interesting one to keep watch over, shame its happening overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Larbre34 wrote: »

Waiting on Torrential1 rain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Im a lurker on the weather forum for a while now and claim to know nothing about charts ect. but lately I always get excited reading these threads and following weather events. :D Something I've become really interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

looking at the movement on the radar, the band of rain looks like its heading NNE and may well miss us all apart from the north western coastal areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heavy rain should start reaching the west coast around 11pm.

l0yd2.gif

I'm just hoping to get a bit of lightning down here myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

snaps wrote: »
    looking at the movement on the radar, the band of rain looks like its heading NNE and may well miss us all apart from the north western coastal areas?

If it stays on radar course it could even miss me. The main lightening activity that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

Just flew over this squall line coming in from New York about 20 w, tops at about 270 , a lot of lightning activity , all spinning off intense jet streams
    had a jet of 170kts at one stage with some turb , there is quiet a few of them heading our way !!

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »

It is expected to build as it moves east, becoming a defined line front as it clears the east coast. Strongest winds AHEAD of the front/precip

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

I think i saw a few flashes of lightning in the distance out to sea here i galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Wind is howling here in co Waterford (West), some very strong gusts, and some short downpours here and there. That's perfectyperfect, yous can have the lightning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

monster1 wrote: »
    I think i saw a few flashes of lightning in the distance out to sea here i galway.

Indeed quite a few sparks off the coast

2a8fbcp.png

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=/

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Can I just reiterate a very old rule in the Weather forum for the next 12 or so hours.

Pics/video or it never happened! :D

I hope you can still read the mentalimagery format. It's a very old format, in fact, it was the standard format once upon a time ;)

NAE showing a 'squall line' just ahead of the front overnight

12112206_2118.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Very calm in Castlebar -at the moment....nice band of rain very near the coast now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Looks like the lightning is moving into Mayo/Galway now

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Text from a friend-Thunder and lightning Kylemore Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some areas of 50mm+ rainfall (white) showing up on raintoday.co.uk radar:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement