Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting things in restaurants

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I know a restaurant where the Chef swears by picking his bum and wiping little bits of poo into the food, he swears by it! , It's meant to taste nice.
    That's pretty normal

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Babies
    People who don't tip
    People who don't know which side their sideplate is on

/troll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Breastfeeding... i like a pair of tits as much as the next man... but not during a family meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Breastfeeding... i like a pair of tits as much as the next man... but not during a family meal.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sheikhnguyen

Seriously? They're just boobs, we've all seen them before.

If I was given a choice between watching an infant getting breastfed and an adult male shoveling food into his hole I know which I'd choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Didn't stick around to find out. It frightened the life out of me so I left. He just arched his back violently and fell off the chair and he was dead :/
    Down the wrong pipe I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Steodonn wrote: »
    Where are all these places selling dog ?

I'd love abit of dog
    Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I remember a Chinese Take Away in my Town had samples of their meals bought anonymously by Health Inspectors for testing. Whilst the official reasons published to close them down was multiple violations of health standards and practices, the real reason (which I heard direct from one of the Inspectors) was that the chicken dishes contained several different types of meats, none of them chicken. Smothered in a sauce, who would know?

This was the mid 90's and no restaurant would get away with that today. Whilst the inspector back then never revealed what types of meats they were, I was always intrigued as to what they could be? Cat, Dog, Badger, Donkey, Fox, Hedgehog and Rat were my top 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Deskjockey wrote: »
    How did the estate get "begone" of him. Must be hard to stop someone driving in with an ice cream van into an estate?

Simple - razor wire over the speed bumps, there's kid's safety at stake here!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Kids.

they should be banned from eating in restaurants, unless parents learn to respect other people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

I saw a man use his dinner knife as a butter knife. Appalling!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

One of the cooks in a restaurant I used to work in found out that one of the guest whose order I took was a guy he couldn't stand. The guest had order a side order of sauteed onions so the cook (the owner's son) did a big slimy snotty spit into yer man's onions, mixed it all up and told me to bring it out to the guest, I refused so he got some other waitress to do it, and then stood smugly at the counter watching the guest eat the onions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Plazaman wrote: »
    I remember a Chinese Take Away in my Town had samples of their meals bought anonymously by Health Inspectors for testing. Whilst the official reasons published to close them down was multiple violations of health standards and practices, the real reason (which I heard direct from one of the Inspectors) was that the chicken dishes contained several different types of meats, none of them chicken. Smothered in a sauce, who would know?

This was the mid 90's and no restaurant would get away with that today. Whilst the inspector back then never revealed what types of meats they were, I was always intrigued as to what they could be? Cat, Dog, Badger, Donkey, Fox, Hedgehog and Rat were my top 7.

I heard the exact same story from my cousin who knew a guy whose brother worked with the health inspectors....

OH WAIT IT'S AN URBAN MYTH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

If I was given a choice between watching an infant getting breastfed and an adult male shoveling food into his hole I know which I'd choose.

:eek: What kind of restaurants do you go to?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

First off, you don't generally see much of the "pair of tits" when a woman breastfeeds.

Secondly, if that's the most disgusting thing you've seen in a restaurant, you're pretty sheltered.

And thirdly, women can legally entitled to breastfeed anywhere in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

On Saturday was in a pub with a reputation for good pub grub. When our order was ready, it was left sitting behind the bar for a while so was cold by the time it reached us.

My sister complained to the waiter, who wasn't impressed. She said it even feels cold to the hand and touched the food (fair enough, it was her own dish). Then the waiter gives her food a good grope with his bare hands and said no, it feels ok and starts to hand it back to her. I nearly choked with laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Burger King in the UK.

Burger.

Take bite.

Find pube.

Me:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Burger King in the UK.

Burger.

Take bite.

Find pube.

Me:

I think we have a winner.

Was it in the rest of the burger or in the bite you took?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

billybudd wrote: »
    Its quite common to layer salad with damp CLEAN paper tissue to keep it crisp.

Yes I am aware of that. I used to work in catering before. But we removed it before we served it to customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

It makes zero sense to me from a financial perspective that a Chinese restaurant wouldn't just use dirt cheap, pumped full of water / sodium / whatever, imported from Thailand chicken, but would instead employ an elite squad of dog/cat catching ninjas, that have never been seen by anyone, then skin and butcher the animals, dispose of the remains etc etc..

It just wouldn't save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

JCabot wrote: »
    I was in a restaurant once and someone puked on the table.

It wasn't a sit down lunch place in Dunnes Stores was it!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

JCabot wrote: »
    I was in a restaurant once and someone puked on the table.

I was on the ferry from Hollyhead years ago. Was having breakfast in the restaurant. There was two guys at the table opposite eating as well. The boat started rocking a bit and as it rocked, the two guys started getting whiter and whiter until all of a sudden......projectile vomitting from the two of them! Thankfully I was far enough away from them so there was no splashes while I tucked into my bacon and eggs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Seriously? They're just boobs, we've all seen them before.

If it was an infant I would understand, but this was a man in his mid 20's!

:D:D:p Got ya's haha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Chinasea wrote: »
    The urban myth too of the Chinese restaurant selling the sea gull instead of the chicken is still unbelively doing the rounds too. How much, how long would it take, and how the fu*k in the first place could you round up all those sea gulls.
    The way I heard it back in the day was you went to the dump with the left overs. Seagulls would arrive and you can get them with a shotgun. And it wasn't a Chinese restaurant either.

Or the old Inuit trick of wrapping pebbles in food. After a while the seagull can't fly any more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MikeC101 wrote: »
    It makes zero sense to me from a financial perspective that a Chinese restaurant wouldn't just use dirt cheap, pumped full of water / sodium / whatever, imported from Thailand chicken, but would instead employ an elite squad of dog/cat catching ninjas, that have never been seen by anyone, then skin and butcher the animals, dispose of the remains etc etc..

It just wouldn't save money.
    The cheapest chicken you can buy, and UK companies were caught doing this, is meat unfit for human consumption that is to be rendered into pet food. They cut off the really bad bits and wash it in salt water to kill the bacteria. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

I was at a Chinese in Dublin one day and ordered some crispy noodles. Something didn’t taste right and sure enough, I looked down and could see the words ‘LUCKY’ written in the noodles. Not only did Chef cook Lucky, but the daft prick only went and cooked the poor b*stards dog basket too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

A random Burger King in Miami, not one member of staff wore gloves ....I witnessed a big sweaty momma rubbing her nose/sweaty brow, then nicely placing the burgers onto the buns! I was fecking starving but cancelled my order when I seen this, the rest of the gang happily ate theirs :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I wonder what staff in a restaurant do to ignorant customers. I know If I was working in a restaurant and some customer was been a ****, I would fart on there food or rub my balls all over it. This has more than likely happened you if a friend works in a restaurant or if youve been an ignorant ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

areyawell wrote: »
    I wonder what staff in a restaurant do to ignorant customers. I know If I was working in a restaurant and some customer was been a ****, I would fart on there food or rub my balls all over it. This has more than likely happened you if a friend works in a restaurant or if youve been an ignorant ****

Well it would be difficult to get away with doing that without anyone seeing you :D

I worked as a waitress in my teens, some of the regular not so nice customers got their food dropped onto the floor then back onto their plate....served with a big smile...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I used to do some occasional work in a certain village in Kilkenny and the only place to eat was run by a simpleton and his idiot son. Once when I was waiting to pay I saw the son i nthe kitchen eating the standard desert, a sherry trifle, direct from the nearly-full bowl it was made in. I was already feeling queasy about this when the father asked him for two trifles, so he stopped eating for a second and filled two dishes...using the same spoon he had been eating with.

I brought sandwiches after that.

In the same place I was paying for myself and my boss, who was standing beside me, when the owner asked me how much I wanted put on the receipt.:D

Advertisement