Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting things in restaurants

Options
  • 10-11-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭

So have you personally seen any disgusting actions by members of staff, customers or what not?

I was in The Full House today on Abbey Street. One of the workers was wiping down the food vat areas with a dish cloth. He then proceeded to flick the cloth over one of the vats. (to give you a visual, imagine if you were wiping away breadcrumbs for example and then you flick the cloth over food so you are returning some of the crumbs to the food) - really disgusting. will be avoiding there from now on because if you see things like that, what really goes on in the kitchen.

Any experiences yourself?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was given the wrong type of fork in a restaurant once. I was so overcome I promptly fainted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

bluewolf wrote: »
    I was given the wrong type of fork in a restaurant once. I was so overcome I promptly fainted.

Such high standards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

You should of dropped an Omlette down her blouse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JCabot

I remember once being in a cafe in mullingar and they had a glass case in the place with a stuffed 2 headed piglet in it. I didnt see it until after I had ordered but it was disgusting and nearly made me puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Waiters with grubby looking hands.
    Waiters walking outside to smoke in full view of everyone & then walking back in stinking of smoke.
    I once returned a meal in a restaurant because it had hair on it. It was sent back out with the food rearranged & when I poked around I found the hair again. I got up, told the manager the place should be shut down, refused to pay for what I got & the next day I rang the food safety crowd.
    They didn't shut it down because they couldn't find anything but it did close three months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Faith+1 wrote: »
    You should of dropped an Omlette down her blouse!!

A micky omlette...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

people getting sick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

So have you personally seen any disgusting actions by members of staff, customers or what not?

Any experiences yourself?

I will take the what not part of this question.

Our Icecream man " from hell" refuses to wear gloves when serving the children and takes money from them but never has gloves.
    He is also the most ignorant man alive, often driving by children waithin for some ice cream.
    Well the estate got together and begone with him the piece of s****hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Did it not have a cork on it?

• Advertisement

Fight Club

Peeing in the lobster bisque and farting on the meringues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i was in Burger King a few years back, when i see one of the staff, wiping some spilt coke with a cloth off the floor. She then stood up and used the same cloth to wipe the tables.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

One of the pizza slice joints on Talbot Street: "Chef" outside has a cigarette, then goes back in and starts preparing pizzas without washing his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

to many to mention in my 15 years in the industry

I was in a restaurant once and someone puked on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

5 second rule ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Know that slightly sticky sensation underfoot in the seedier kinds of nightclubs from spilled drinks? Yeah that combined with luke warm food and a waitress who acted as if serving us was such an inconvenience to her day.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

JCabot wrote: »
    Fight Club

Peeing in the lobster bisque and farting on the meringues

......and the mushroom soup.
    well the less said the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Celery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Most disgusting thing in restaurants? A lot of the work we do is dirty, so often, getting grub, it may well be me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Not in Ireland, but over in a restaurant in America, where one of my mates was working, he was told that one of the waiters walked into the kitchen one of the days to the chef rubbing his balls over some nicely cooked burgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

I will take the what not part of this question.

Our Icecream man " from hell" refuses to wear gloves when serving the children and takes money from them but never has gloves.
    He is also the most ignorant man alive, often driving by children waithin for some ice cream.
    Well the estate got together and begone with him the piece of s****hit.

How did the estate get "begone" of him. Must be hard to stop someone driving in with an ice cream van into an estate?

Our guy comes in at 8:30 when kids are gone to bed and puts the music on- very annoying indeed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Not in Ireland, but over in a restaurant in America, where one of my mates was working, he was told that one of the waiters walked into the kitchen one of the days to the chef rubbing his balls over some nicely cooked burgers...

The waiters balls or the chefs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

The most digusting thing I ever saw in a restaurant was when I brought my wife once.

God she's ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

He must work in Galway now. I got a pubic hair in food in Eddie Rockets in town. Complained, no one seemed to think it was a big deal, walked out of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Was in a pub in Rathgar working away quietly one day in a corner and the staff forgot I was there. And they were putting back all the little pots of tomato relish that had been served to the tables into a giant jar.
    Guess where I won't be eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Waiters with grubby looking hands.
    Waiters walking outside to smoke in full view of everyone & then walking back in stinking of smoke.
    I once returned a meal in a restaurant because it had hair on it. It was sent back out with the food rearranged & when I poked around I found the hair again. I got up, told the manager the place should be shut down, refused to pay for what I got & the next day I rang the food safety crowd.
    They didn't shut it down because they couldn't find anything but it did close three months later.

Off Topic, But why striped socks? And horizontal or vertical stripes?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

irish son wrote: »
    The most digusting thing I ever saw in a restaurant was when I brought my wife once.

God she's ugly.

I take it you didnt eat her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

I take it you didnt eat her

There's something fishy going on here.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Anyone remember the restaurant scene in Trainspotting, the book?

Advertisement