Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting things in restaurants

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Chinasea wrote: »
    The urban myth too of the Chinese restaurant selling the sea gull instead of the chicken is still unbelively doing the rounds too. How much, how long would it take, and how the fu*k in the first place could you round up all those sea gulls.

1. Cover kitchen windowsill in strong glue.
    2. Leave out chips/bread.
    3. Wait

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Never ever ever do I buy burgers or any food from any place that hires students ( who can't cook food ) who work their. 1. they can't cook food and 2. they don't really care about their jawb and are only there to pay for their saturday night drinks at the bar so they will most unlikely not be looking after the food like a man who works there and really NEEDS the job and is petrified of losing it.

so when I walk into a restaurant and see young collegey students all over the shop, I'm outta there like a flash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Never ever ever do I buy burgers or any food from any place that hires students ( who can't cook food ) who work their. 1. they can't cook food and 2. they don't really care about their jawb and are only there to pay for their saturday night drinks at the bar so they will most unlikely not be looking after the food like a man who works there and really NEEDS the job and is petrified of losing it.

so when I walk into a restaurant and see young collegey students all over the shop, I'm outta there like a flash.

That's one of the most stupidest posts I've ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

areyawell wrote: »
    That's one of the most stupidest posts I've ever read.

I agree with you, but OH, THE IRONY. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was in a restaurant in Ballina last week for my birthday.

It was full of disgusting things.

Ballina people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

So have you personally seen any disgusting actions by members of staff, customers or what not?

I was in The Full House today on Abbey Street. One of the workers was wiping down the food vat areas with a dish cloth. He then proceeded to flick the cloth over one of the vats. (to give you a visual, imagine if you were wiping away breadcrumbs for example and then you flick the cloth over food so you are returning some of the crumbs to the food) - really disgusting. will be avoiding there from now on because if you see things like that, what really goes on in the kitchen.

Any experiences yourself?

Not a restaurant but a pub in the middle of the bog in Cork. Barman (he was actually the owner and a right dirty slob this cunt was too) had his trousers hanging off him so you could see his arse cleavage. What's worse there were smears of dried faeces up his lower back, the mingin bastard.

Didn't finish pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

That's rubbish. If you book ahead and see a few waiters of college age, you'd leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Outside, looking in through a window, at just the right moment, no customers on the premises.

A person in a take away on Dame Street kneading Pizza dough and pausing to mine their nose of snot wedges, a sly examination and 'rolling' of the chunks, between forefinger and thumb, then back to kneading dough.

I had been an occasional customer up to that week. Never again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Not a restaurant but a pub in the middle of the bog in Cork. Barman (he was actually the owner and a right dirty slob this cunt was too) had his trousers hanging off him so you could see his arse cleavage. What's worse there were smears of dried faeces up his lower back, the mingin bastard.

Didn't finish pint.

Had a mouth full of my dinner reading that :(

*VOM*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Not in Ireland, but over in a restaurant in America, where one of my mates was working, he was told that one of the waiters walked into the kitchen one of the days to the chef rubbing his balls over some nicely cooked burgers...

I hope he at least washed his balls beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I imagine that if a chef is driven mental by his 80 hours a week slaving in a hot kitchen to rubbing his testes on customers burgers - then the cleanliness of afore-mentioned testes will be the last thing on his mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

xzanti wrote: »
    Had a mouth full of my dinner reading that :(

*VOM*

Bon appetit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Was back drinking late in a restaurant I worked in, when one of the lads, who was hammered, all of a sudden got up and legged it to the back of the restaurant. Lights were off, but we assumed he'd gone to puke in the toilets. He came back out, looking sheepish, and left straight away.

Anyway, a few of us went and checked the jacks to see if he'd done any damage, but the place was spotless. Thought nothing of it until the next night when I lifted the salad container out of the refrigerated well we used to keep it in. Lo and behold, there was a nice combination of icy red wine and carrots underneath. Although it was unlikely the numerous salads we served that night made contact with it, I'm glad the health inspector didn't pay a visit that day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Olives. In restaurants.

Or anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Found a hair in my battered sausage once. Broke off the piece it was touching and continued eating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Found a hair in my battered sausage once.
    I found a hare on my sausage once. I tried to batter the bugger but he hared off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yes with olive oil and oregano, to give it a bit of flavour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

And people call me foolish for inviting others for dinner at my place instead of eating out.....
    Well whose laughing now!? HAHAHAHA
    Enjoy your trouser food! :pac:

Advertisement