Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just finally finished the single player......hmmmm.

What happened?
    I actually liked all the previous Single Player modes for MW, M2 & Blops 1.
    Was 1/2 way through this one and thought "Why the fcuk am I still playing this shyte!"
    So I don't know how it ended. I quit around the time there was something to do with a crashed Chinese General and you had to protect a beacon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, thought it was pretty bad. The multiple endings thing is interesting, but confuses it a little. Characters aren't remotely as good as Blacks Op, which had a great single player, loved it, this one, not so much. I actually buy COD for its single player, I do play online the odd time, but I've never found it the soul consumer other people do. The missions in the past where the best, the ones set in the future bored me. There are some great set pieces though, the very last mission has an awesome opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, thought it was pretty bad. The multiple endings thing is interesting, but confuses it a little. Characters aren't remotely as good as Blacks Op, which had a great single player, loved it, this one, not so much. I actually buy COD for its single player, I do play online the odd time, but I've never found it the soul consumer other people do. The missions in the past where the best, the ones set in the future bored me. There are some great set pieces though, the very last mission has an awesome opening.

I can't remember much of Blops2's campaign tbh, save a few setpieces, the level in the floating hotel was good. COD4 has the best campaign by far, MW2 and 3 had their moments too, levels like No Russian and whatever that level in MW3 is called when the Eiffel Tower collapses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ghillie in the Mist being the best COD level ever!!! IMO of course

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ghillie in the Mist being the best COD level ever!!! IMO of course

Big time, fantastic level, I wish they'd do more of the slower paced levels like that instead of the constant A-B tunnell levels with stuff blowing up every 5 seconds. the AC-130 level from COD4 is great as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I hate the way they have the menu for your unlocks, I much preferred the system used in MW with the little yellow bars

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Totally gone off ghosts so back playing this. The amount of boosters on lately in H/C dom is unreal. Having great fun killing them though and makin them quit the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Having great fun killing them though and makin them quit the game :)

Thats a time honoured hobby:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭eggy81

Are the ps3 servers currently down. Can't access online game at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

eggy81 wrote: »

I was offline earlier,couldnt sign in.Got a message saying it was down for maintaince.Got back on about 5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Was working grand for me all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭eggy81

Psn down for maintenance apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Totally gone off ghosts so back playing this. The amount of boosters on lately in H/C dom is unreal. Having great fun killing them though and makin them quit the game :)

Report them and blast them with a RPG nothing as bad as boosters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

eggy81 wrote: »

I had an update to do on mine but psn is fine on Netflix at the min

Try turning off your modem and put it back on that should work

Having the worst luck with teammates the past few days. Always seem to end up with people who get ridiculous amounts of deaths. Think I played 6 games in a row last night were I had a rough average of +3.0 K/D ratio and still lost each time.

And that included me shooting down every single UAV/counter etc so it's not like I wasn't being a good team player.

• Incredibly good game, compared to Ghosts. Just a fun game in general.

I came across a guy on Youtube earlier, seems to be starting out in the Call Of Duty world (at what would appear to be a bad time), using a camera of some sort set up in front of the TV recording the gameplay :pac:

Only had like 2 or 3 videos. Decent to listen to as well. Reckon if he went at it seriously, he'd make it big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Anyone ever have same problem, everytime Drone comes up once in the game after about 30secs it just freezes and PS3 has to be turned off....now obviously I just quit out of the map now before that happens but just wondering if it ever happened to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd say thats caused by everyone leaving the lobby at once as its a brutal map that no one likes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bootleg and Arkaden used to do it to me on MW3 on the PS3. It's probably a sign your disc is knackered. At first I thought it was the PS3 but I went through 4 MW3 game discs.

Got back into S&D, enjoying it apart from the amount of people trying to get a trickshot final kill cam. Although it's funny when there's 3 or 4 of them against you and none of them can make the kill.

Sniper rifles being one shot kill is very annoying when you can't respawn as well.

• Advertisement

Full team of snipers, hide so you're last alive. Combat axe them all as they try to 360 yy no scope you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I played BO2 for days and I don't think I seen one person try a 360 QS. I think some people just get butthurt when they get sniped at all and just blanket it as quickscoping. I ran around sniping when I played the game but rarely were they quickscopes. They made snipers nigh on unusable in ghosts but got a great balance in BO2 with them I felt. Sniping seems to be the great unknown in previous cod games, 'oh they used the hardest guns to aim and killed me, cheats'. Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Liam O wrote: »
    I played BO2 for days and I don't think I seen one person try a 360 QS

Jump into S&D and you should have no trouble finding one. I would say in 8 out of every 10 search games I play these types show up. I don't have any gripes with getting killed by them as I appreciate it's a skill but what gets me is when you die and the rest of the search round is comprised of players from both teams drag out the round fannying about trying to hit trick shots on each other rather than actually just try and win the round

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Competitive playlist with 90 second rounds >>>

x43r0 wrote: »
    Jump into S&D and you should have no trouble finding one. I would say in 8 out of every 10 search games I play these types show up. I don't have any gripes with getting killed by them as I appreciate it's a skill but what gets me is when you die and the rest of the search round is comprised of players from both teams drag out the round fannying about trying to hit trick shots on each other rather than actually just try and win the round

Yeah but they get so mad when you kill them with a reg gun, knife or axe it's almost worth it.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Yeah but they get so mad when you kill them with a reg gun, knife or axe it's almost worth it.

I hate when people quickaim quicknife or quickaxe me alright. They need to get rid of that in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This is still the worst COD game by far. Ghosts has many faults but can't believe people don't prefer Ghosts over this campfest crap.

This is still the worst COD game by far. Ghosts has many faults but can't believe people don't prefer Ghosts over this campfest crap.

It's amazing how I believe literally the exact opposite of this. Ghosts is a terrible, terrible game. I'm trading it in without even prestiging, first time ever in a COD. Enjoyed BO2 upto the last moment I had it, will probably pick it up again soon. How you can call a game that has no repercussions for using a silencer less of a campfest than one that costs you something for having one is flabbergasting imo.

I hate when people quickaim quicknife or quickaxe me alright. They need to get rid of that in the next game.

Do you even understand what we're talking about? We're not talking about snipers or quickscopers, we're talking about games of SnD where these guys wait until there is one person left alive on the enemy team and literally run out the round trying to hit a trickshot. But yeah keep on fighting the good fight for the snipers, like 99% of your posts on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

It's amazing how I believe literally the exact opposite of this. Ghosts is a terrible, terrible game. I'm trading it in without even prestiging, first time ever in a COD. Enjoyed BO2 upto the last moment I had it, will probably pick it up again soon. How you can call a game that has no repercussions for using a silencer less of a campfest than one that costs you something for having one is flabbergasting imo.
    I'm usually not arsed writing a lengthy reply but - the reason this game sucked to me is because everything was suited to camping. The only ones of my real life friends who enjoyed this are campers.

The maps, good god. The map with the fountain in the middle was probably the only map where SMG's and shot-guns could be used effectively throughout the entire map. You were left to small areas of other maps to run and gun or else you would get picked off. Cargo (I think it's called) is a classic example. It was just a maze with good vantage points with no decent running area. All the maps are like this, & MW2 had this problem as well, it was boring. The SMG's themselves were inferior to the AR's to boot; whats the point? The Vector was decent, that was probably it. The DLC maps for 1 & 2 (never got 3 & 4) were good though.

What else? The killstreaks. Why bother run and gun when you can rack up big, completely overpowered killstreaks by camping away with a ranged weapon. I could waffle on about how **** this game is like I did when this game came out but I forget a lot of it now. Maps, guns, killstreaks. Pretty much ****ing up the 3 basic things of what makes Multiplayer what it is.

Yeah, Ghosts has its problems, its far from perfect and I have things against it myself, but I really didn't like BO2. That's just my opinion of course. I'll always lean towards games where there are stronger short ranged weapons.

Advertisement