Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Options
1535455565759»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm usually not arsed writing a lengthy reply but - the reason this game sucked to me is because everything was suited to camping. The only ones of my real life friends who enjoyed this are campers.

The maps, good god. The map with the fountain in the middle was probably the only map where SMG's and shot-guns could be used effectively throughout the entire map. You were left to small areas of other maps to run and gun or else you would get picked off. Cargo (I think it's called) is a classic example. It was just a maze with good vantage points with no decent running area. All the maps are like this, & MW2 had this problem as well, it was boring. The SMG's themselves were inferior to the AR's to boot; whats the point? The Vector was decent, that was probably it. The DLC maps for 1 & 2 (never got 3 & 4) were good though.

What else? The killstreaks. Why bother run and gun when you can rack up big, completely overpowered killstreaks by camping away with a ranged weapon. I could waffle on about how **** this game is like I did when this game came out but I forget a lot of it now. Maps, guns, killstreaks. Pretty much ****ing up the 3 basic things of what makes Multiplayer what it is.

Yeah, Ghosts has its problems, its far from perfect and I have things against it myself, but I really didn't like BO2. That's just my opinion of course. I'll always lean towards games where there are stronger short ranged weapons.

Have you even played blops2? The smgs were the most dominant gun in this from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm usually not arsed writing a lengthy reply but - the reason this game sucked to me is because everything was suited to camping. The only ones of my real life friends who enjoyed this are campers.

The maps, good god. The map with the fountain in the middle was probably the only map where SMG's and shot-guns could be used effectively throughout the entire map. You were left to small areas of other maps to run and gun or else you would get picked off. Cargo (I think it's called) is a classic example. It was just a maze with good vantage points with no decent running area. All the maps are like this, & MW2 had this problem as well, it was boring. The SMG's themselves were inferior to the AR's to boot; whats the point? The Vector was decent, that was probably it. The DLC maps for 1 & 2 (never got 3 & 4) were good though.

What else? The killstreaks. Why bother run and gun when you can rack up big, completely overpowered killstreaks by camping away with a ranged weapon. I could waffle on about how **** this game is like I did when this game came out but I forget a lot of it now. Maps, guns, killstreaks. Pretty much ****ing up the 3 basic things of what makes Multiplayer what it is.

Yeah, Ghosts has its problems, its far from perfect and I have things against it myself, but I really didn't like BO2. That's just my opinion of course. I'll always lean towards games where there are stronger short ranged weapons.

Have you even played blops2? The smgs were the most dominant gun in this from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

They were decent in the beginning before they nerfed them. The AR's were always more powerful anyway. All pales into comparison talking about the maps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They were decent in the beginning before they nerfed them. The AR's were always more powerful anyway. All pales into comparison talking about the maps though.

I ran around with a sniper in it and used single shot and burst fire ARs, was still always top of my team in Dom and kill confirmed. In ghosts I gave up on sniping because it's too hard, I got diamond in BO2 so not someone who's inexperienced with them, tried to run around ARs or SMGs, run into people aimed in waiting for me to run around corners with SMGs or shotguns. There's no easy way around them, no way to destroy all the killstreaks they get without either shooting at the sky or knifing the ground. Campers were so much easier to deal with in BO2 because of the more open maps. Every map in ghosts is just corner after corner, no sightlines so it's all short range which is a lot more of a dice roll and makes the weapons that take more than a milisecond to aim in useless. Thus taking the skill out of the game in favour of an everyone can play attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I agree but this has been an ailment in the last two COD's to be fair. There is too much clutter in there as well. Both these COD's have far too much things that have no reason to be there other than to give it more of a 'real' feel, or else just to show off that they are trying to show you just how much work they put in.

I keep going back to MW3's Lockdown as a perfect map blueprint. It's tailors every gun class whether it be short or long ranged. It has no clutter, killstreaks have to be used smartly to work on the map, camping was risky because of the safe running areas and lack of edge of the map hiding areas, and it was a perfect size. Every game mode was excellent on it (esp. Team Defender). Simple. :)

I'm already looking forward to the next COD tbh. Ghosts has some truly horrible maps like Siege & Flooded, but what keeps me going back somewhat, is that the good maps are better than the 'good' BO2 ones, among other things.

I think we can both agree that these 2 games majorly need to sort out the spawns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Copy/Paste from another thread here...

I only bought a copy of BLOPS2 last week (£5!) and after only three hours gameplay I had reached level 32. That was far too easy to do, there wasn't enough of a challenge and the challenges system was so messed about with in that game as to make it highly uninteresting. Quickscope snipers are everywhere and while there are some fun elements to multiplayer, I found the switch to scorestreaks and levels for weapons to be boring. A very poor game IMO. I didn't and won't buy COD ghosts.

I don't mind snipers at all but quickscoping ruins the game. Lads running around using Barratts as if they are assault rifles, defeats the purpose of sniping and ruins the game. I like sniping myself, there's nothing more satisfying than seeing someone run from cover in a quick dash and then looking down the scope, tracking the runner and then , BLAM, taking him out with a nice clean shot. However, tapping the scope button and fire button a millisecond later and getting a kill is a mockery to sniping. Sniping should be more about finding and selecting a good position that you can protect, has a good kill zone, and can be exited from quickly if you get into trouble.

Camping is something I've never really minded, the guy who sits in the same corner with a shotgun aimed at the door can be easily taken out with a well-cooked grenade once you know he is there. Then you plant a claymore in the spot and 10 seconds later, score more points because he went and sat in the corner again :D The clever camper who moves around the spot he's camping in so that when you go back to get him with a well-cooked grenade, he's not in the same place and blasts you in the back is a challenge, I enjoy facing, so I'm not too bothered by that.

I think that the developers have caved-in to those who just want to run around and shoot people and have made it all too easy for everyone. There is no real challenge anymore. BLOPS2 is awful :( Glad I only payed a fiver for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Does anybody play S&D seriously anymore? It's become my go-to gametype when there isn't enough on for Dom but all I come across lately are muppets jumping off **** with snipers

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

x43r0 wrote: »
    Does anybody play S&D seriously anymore? It's become my go-to gametype when there isn't enough on for Dom but all I come across lately are muppets jumping off **** with snipers

The thing I find weird about search is the number of parties you end up playing against, not that many, with the game being out for a year and a half you'd think only the hardcore would still be playing search.

The amount of trick shot stuff is a joke alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Thats when you whip out the shotgun and trick shot them with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Thats when you whip out the shotgun and trick shot them with that.

That'll soften their cough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

That'll soften their cough

That had to be the best line in the history of cod

Advertisement