Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman loses hands under DART

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

kraggy wrote: »
    Seems strange to think there aren't platform doors on the dart line or in the tube in London, New York etc.

There are on some of the new stations on the Jubilee line, expensive enough to retrofit i'd say...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

this thread is getting out of hand.

ba dum tish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

That poor, poor woman. Imagine the everyday chores and necessities she can't do from now on for the rest of her life.

But the hysterical and over-exaggerated outrage on these type of threads is absolute cringe to read.

Just because a few posters make crap jokes or puns doesn't make them psychopaths. Don't be so naive and attention seeking. It also doesn't mean anyone enjoys or gets a kick out of another human's suffering. It's AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

humanji wrote: »
    Is it really that much to ask that users don't show themselves up to be complete f*cks here? A girl lost her hands in a tragic accident. You don't have to show sympathy, but you should have some sort of cop on.

EDIT : Erm...just seen the mod warning about infractions for discussing this responses in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

pmcmahon wrote: »
    this thread is getting out of hand.

ba dum tish
    Take a day off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I was trying to think of a witty answer, but I'm stumped.

I guess you could use a hand...

Or two

And another.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Better to stay away then.

I was trying to think of a witty answer, but I'm stumped.

i've gotta hand it to you

Unbelievable. Another ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

I heard she was a junkie

Track marks all over her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

MaxSteele wrote: »
    That poor, poor woman. Imagine the everyday chores and necessities she can't do from now on for the rest of her life.

But the hysterical and over-exaggerated outrage on these type of threads is absolute cringe to read.

Just because a few posters make crap jokes or puns doesn't make them psychopaths. Don't be so naive and attention seeking. It also doesn't mean anyone enjoys or gets a kick out of another human's suffering. It's AH.
    the disability she has been left with isnt a 'tragedy',she will just have to adapt her life.
    plenty of people who were born with moderate or severe physical disability still manage to be independant with as little help as possible,many use aids,not sure about ireland but in this country people who have no natural arms can drive a car providing they get it adapted,if she wants to use a computer she coud install a good speech to text program such as dragon; naturaly speaking which will control her computer by voice.

god help her if she claims disability benefit,people who may have offered her some care and sympathy will probably be starting threads about her being a scrounger,throwing herself under a train so she coud go and buy a boat/second house/big tv for every room etc.
    hope her insurance covers her medical and support costs as she will need a lot of help and the bionic limbs to if that goes ahead.

I heard she was a junkie

Track marks all over her
    And yet another ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Poor woman. I wonder can they re-attach the hands, or is that possible?

For her sake, I hope so!

I've seen cases where people have had entire body parts such as hands severed in various horrible accidents and then have their missing body parts medically re-attached and make a full recovery. It all depends on the amount of damage done and how they were cut off. But, if they were cut off by the wheels, I suspect that a huge amount of nerve damage was done due to the sharpness of them. Unlike cars, trucks, buses and other road vehicles, trains have metal wheels which resemble a rounded blade.

Anyway, irresponsibility aside, I hope that they are able to re-attach her hands and/or that she makes a good recovery!:(

Preferably both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thankfully

Would appeal to moderators here to close this thread out of respect to this poor devastated family. Know them personally & story here leading up to this incident is horrific for them all. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Seriously. Mods. Can we get this thread closed? There's been ridiculous levels of arsholery, even by AH standards, which is saying a lot. Perhaps with the girls friends and family in mind, if not for the young lady herself? I'm slightly ashamed to be a member of the same species as many of the contributors to this one.

Yep, it's a travesty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement