Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman loses hands under DART

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

OneArt wrote: »
    That is the most horrible thing I've ever read.

Seriously. It's a terrible written article. It repeats itself and gives information that could've easily been compressed into two sentences.

Awful writing.

That's what you're taking from this thread?

In any case, it's not terribly written. It's average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Larbre34 wrote: »
    ?? There is no level crossing at Dun Laoghaire

Wrong forum to discuss a genuine horrific incident, typical wrong responses - theres no humour in it, no salutory tales, no justifiable speculation, just voyeurism and bottom feeding at a situation where one person was maimed and more suffered trauma. wrong.

Yep. A few people posting in here could do with losing their hands for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Babooshka wrote: »
    Yep. A few people posting in here could do with losing their hands for sure.
    at least it'd stop them posting sh1te on internet forums

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

I'll be honest. If this was an accident of course I have sympathy for the woman, but if it resulted from her own stupidity I have none. She would have put all the people on the luas in danger just to save a minute? Selfish and stupid.

But we don't know why it happened so....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

It sounds so horrific, I feel sorry for the poor woman and the bystanders who saw it happen.

Just last weekend I saw a guy dragged back onto a Tube platform by his friends. He was plastered after the NFL game in Wembley and must have just slipped onto the side of the tracks. It can happen very easily. Thank goodness the next train was a couple of minutes away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Im very surprised its not on Rte.ie, tragic for the person involved, we'll probably never know what happened. She's very very lucky to be alive

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

People fall over the tracks from platforms a lot, without any malice on their part either. Happened recently a few months ago in Pearse Station as well. I'm sure this is no more an accident along those lines. Terrible to read she's lost her hands out if it, though it could of been worse. Even saying that sounds like a pricky comment to make. Couldn't imagine what I'd do without my hands.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing it was not the kind of clean cut that allows hands to be re-attached. Cosidering the width of the wheels, I'm afraid it would be something less... more... well, I'm guessing they're not getting re-attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I heard it was a suicide attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Why the fcuk would you laugh at someone who has just lost both hands in a terrible accident?

Now I remember why I stopped coming onto this site. There are too many a$sholes trying to be witty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Oink wrote: »
    I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing it was not the kind of clean cut that allows hands to be re-attached. Cosidering the width of the wheels, I'm afraid it would be something less... more... well, I'm guessing they're not getting re-attached.

I don't get how your post relates to my response...

...are you referring to JohnMarston?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'd hazard a guess that enough people have posted every conceivable variant on 'what was she doing on the tracks' at this stage.

Ye but I'm nearly certain it was a suicide attempt. Happens all the time, people tend to not just end up on tracks as a train is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Oh i see. Just thinking about that is horrible. You could get by with one arm or one leg. But losing both hands...bloody hell. And at that age too

I dont mind jokes in these threads but what really gets on my tits in AH is that it's nearly mandatory to weigh in to every tragedy story - whether about accidents or children - with a clamour of sh*tty smug moralizing and blame games even before the cause is established.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Ye but I'm nearly certain it was a suicide attempt.

Why, have you spoken to the girl personally? Just because something is on twitter does not make it true.

#not a CSI episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

anncoates wrote: »
    I dont mind jokes in these threads but what really gets on ky tits in AH is that it's nearly mandatory to weigh in to every tragedy story - whether about accidents or children - with a clamour of sh*tty smug moralizing and blame games even before the cause is established.
    the smug moralizing is just as bad as the attempts at humour
    puke internet

Nooo the attempts at humour are not funny. You know a site is full of weirdos when a mod has to tell posters 'they dont have to show sympathy' about someone whose lost their hands. Freaks on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Good of the paramedics to be so hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Nooo the attempts at humour are not funny. You know a site is full of weirdos when a mod has to tell posters 'they dont have to show sympathy' about someone whose lost their hands. Freaks on here!

Yep, some amount of odd people alright.

M cebee wrote: »
    the smug moralizing is just as bad as the attempts at humour
    puke internet

We'll agree to disagree.

I think the jokes are harmless and suggest a certain levity and detachment from the subject although I accept they are not to everyone's taste.

The relentless clamour, however, to moralize and assign blame (when for all we know this girl could have fallen off the platform or tried to kill herself) from a lofty superior position in all these tragedies strikes me as being far more personal and cruel, not least because it's widely tolerated as a "serious response".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

emul8ter25 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin center right now and the ass next to me has his baby pram pushed halfway into the street as cars go past.... So yeah, I speak the truth.

So you're posting on boards while walking? And you're pontificating about "other" people?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

That is fcuked up, poor girl. Imagine how your life would change in a flash if you lost both hands.

Real odd like, I like Boards and its cool to see people with different personalities to what your used to but then others are actually outcasts of society! Turns me off the site!

I remember on the thread where the Russian mum killed her kids, some people were making jokes. Clowns!

The Dagda wrote: »
    So you're posting on boards while walking? And you're pontificating about "other" people?!!

Actually I was standing on the sidewalk leaning up against a building. Is that a problem?

But yeah, I'm one of "those people" that wait for the crosswalk and does not run out in front of traffic. And I get pissed every time the speed limit gets lowered again or more speed humps are installed because there are far too many brain dead people that can't follow a simple concept and get themselves hit by a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

God, I love After Hours.

Chinese man gets horrifically crushed by a steamroller; "HAHAHAHAHA. I LOVE SPRING ROLLS. GREAT ROCK AND ROLL' etc.

Irish Woman loses hands, "How dare you make jokes, that's absolutely disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself"

That does exist a bit as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Real odd like, I like Boards and its cool to see people with different personalities to what your used to but then others are actually outcasts of society! Turns me off the site!

I remember on the thread where the Russian mum killed her kids, some people were making jokes. Clowns!

Some times a tragedy is masked by humour, i mean i giggle like a little girl at funeral for no reason at all sometimes, last time at a very close uncle who i had a very close relationship with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

emul8ter25 wrote: »
    Actually I was standing on the sidewalk leaning up against a building. Is that a problem?

But yeah, I'm one of "those people" that wait for the crosswalk and does not run out in front of traffic. And I get pissed every time the speed limit gets lowered again or more speed humps are installed because there are far too many brain dead people that can't follow a simple concept and get themselves hit by a bus.

Apologies, you're obviously eminently qualified to judge people, make sweeping generalisations, and compare tragedy to people going about their daily lives!?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

brummytom wrote: »
    God, I love After Hours.

Chinese man gets horrifically crushed by a steamroller; "HAHAHAHAHA. I LOVE SPRING ROLLS. GREAT ROCK AND ROLL' etc.

Irish Woman loses hands, "How dare you make jokes, that's absolutely disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself"

It is what it is. Personally i think being crushed by a steamroller is a horrible way to go. Everyone will react a different way. People are joking about this poor woman and what happened to her as well.

• Advertisement

The Dagda wrote: »
    Apologies, you're obviously eminently qualified to judge people, make sweeping generalisations, and compare tragedy to people going about their daily lives!?! :rolleyes:

We all judge people every day, just like you are judging me.

Hows the view from up on your horse?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement