Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

John.Icy wrote: »
    Ridiculous GFS 12z in FI....if only! Little to no chance of it happening like that run, but nice charts to look at!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26791-1354299164-7.gif

Can't help but feel like last year, always "promise" in FI but constant pushing back. One difference I suppose is that it's 15 about degrees colder this year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26791-1354299164-7.gif

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

A lot colder than last year alright. Well get some wintry showers at least. Got heavy hail here in Sligo last night and the ground was white for 5 mins before a downpour melted it except at the back door. At least it wasnt dull and mild 11c by night 12c by day. That was last December. Decembore 2011.

Hopefully it will be Decembrrr 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Hey all, been reading this thread alot over the past few months. Can anyone tell me briefly how to read charts and where i can find them? Or even a link to a site that might give me so sort of indication as to how it works. I know rome wasn't built in a day but im sure il pick them up over time and thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hey all, been reading this thread alot over the past few months. Can anyone tell me briefly how to read charts and where i can find them? Or even a link to a site that might give me so sort of indication as to how it works. I know rome wasn't built in a day but im sure il pick them up over time and thanks in advance :)

The stickys at the top of the forum, all the info you could ever wish for :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056531638

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056447334

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Nice one mate :) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I think the mods will have a hard time this place is going to go in to meltdown:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Certainly a massive upgrade in potential overnight and MT's forecast looks very wintry. Still nothing is certain yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is impossible for a ramping thread to go into meltdown. Everybody is entitled to mutually gibber at each other in here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is impossible for a ramping thread to go into meltdown. Everybody is entitled to mutually gibber at each other in here. :D

I'm gibbering away...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tell you what , if sponge bob comes out with a winter warning this year for Xmas unlike the mucky mild he provided a very early forecast last year then its time to ready yourself for something epic .

Its all on you SB ! Dont be letting me down now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Tell you what , if sponge bob comes out with a winter warning this year for Xmas unlike the mucky mild he provided a very early forecast last year then its time to ready yourself for something epic .

If that happens I'll come over to Newbridge and eat my hat in front of you ! :pac:

At the moment and looking only at model output in the far distance it would appear that the temperature gradient Between Christmas Day 2011 and Christmas Day 2012 could be -25C

Cue Gibbering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

interesting to note that the sea temperature at buoy M2 which is 37km east of Howth Head is as high as 11.6c - throw in a very potent easterly and ............
    oh forget it, I'm getting carried away. I shouldn't be ramping at my age!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

At the moment and looking only at model output in the far distance it would appear that the temperature gradient Between Christmas Day 2011 and Christmas Day 2012 could be -25C

Cue Gibbering :D

Sure that will make it +5, didn't we have a heat wave last year :D;)

Tell you what , if sponge bob comes out with a winter warning this year for Xmas unlike the mucky mild he provided a very early forecast last year

It would be fair if you pointed out that I was proven correct to within 0.1c in that thread.

It would also be fair if you pointed out that Sponge Bob has the best record (bar none) in this forum in forecasting at a mesoscale resolution and at a 30 day range since I made that particular forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

It would be fair if you pointed out that I was proven correct to within 0.1c in that thread.

It would also be fair if you pointed out that Sponge Bob has the best record (bar none) in this forum in forecasting at a mesoscale resolution and at a 30 day range since I made that particular forecast.

Talking about yourself in the third person cannot be could for your mental health!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

3026616546_0dbd874bda_m.jpg

• Advertisement

Try something more upbeat next time Redsunset. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I knew it was going to be a big day weather wise when Met Eireann put out the Eagle to bat this morning on the radio. Frost won't clear in places this weekend he said. Then signs of an easterly next week 'and we know the problems that could bring'....get prepared I would say for colder weather- just in case. Can't say we haven't got early warnings anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I just hope Evelyn is on duty for TV forecasts over the next few days! :) She'll ramp it up to a frenzy. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

The Beast from the East is on the way.... Any potential for thundersnow this time round? Those models are showing real potential for the 1st time in quiet a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

The debilt ecm ensemble's show the control,op and mean all with sub zero day time temps next week in that part of near Europe.
    If they verify and we get an easterly,we are in business!

In fact they hit -15 at times over night.

All Fi,but its the ecm ensemble suite,hence you may start to hear more of what the eagle hinted at on the radio this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just reading Met Eireann outlook forecast though and it says:

"Friday will be a cold windy day with highest temperatures of about 5 or 6 degrees. The early morning will be frosty and it will freeze again during the evening time. Northwesterly winds will continue to blow heavy wintry showers onto the north-facing coastal-areas of Connacht and Ulster through the day. However the bulk of the country will be dry during Friday and most places will also be bright and sunny throughout the short hours of day-time. The weekend weather will be cold and frosty but mainly dry and bright; daytime temperatures will only be around 3 to 5 degrees. On Saturday night into Sunday morning the frost will be very severe with night-time temperatures dropping to about -3 or -4 degrees. There will be a slight recovery in temperatures early next week as skies become cloudier again over Ireland."

I know that this is subject to change though of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Are we gonna get snow or not lads ?? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Oooooh stop this excitement is too much for me!! Just went out to the wheels bin and it was still frozen shut even with sun most of the morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

2 years ago we had The Greenland Express, so what is it this time,
    The Baltic Express?

• Advertisement

Yep it was spot on , which made it so bad ! :D

I tip my hat to you

231476.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement