Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^I'm hoping it comes off less shiny on screen but from set pics, it just kinda looks like a personalised tracksuit or something... Raimi one was defo too slick (and also padded, which was lame) but ASM one was great. Though I do agree that the eyes on this one are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^I'm hoping it comes off less shiny on screen but from set pics, it just kinda looks like a personalised tracksuit or something... Raimi one was defo too slick (and also padded, which was lame) but ASM one was great. Though I do agree that the eyes on this one are awesome.

Ah yeah sure people were whinging about the suit in the last one from the set pics but it looked fine in the movie, once its lit and stuff it'll be grand. Saw Mary Jane listed in the cast on imdb so I guess there'll be a love triangle thing going on, or she'll be just introduced and be bigger in the next one maybe. Liking the casting for Harry Osborne though Dane DeHaan was good in Chronicle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lads, the pics are great and all but.....when are we gonna see pictures of Emma Stone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

You only had to ask :P

movies-amazing-spider-man-2-set-4.jpg
    Emma+Stone+Spider+Man+2+Films+NYC+s1yYf7UQXCql.jpg
    98092591-emma-stone.jpg

And one for the comic readers
    98092590-emma-stone.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

They wouldn't do that this early, surely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

They wouldn't do that this early, surely

I understood that was what was planned. Spidey is happy out, enjoying life with his stunner of a girlfriend when out of nowhere comes the green goblin and you know what. The first move was spidey racked with remorse over the death of Uncle Ben, the third movie he is racked with anger at the GG.

And what do you mean when you say "this early"? Once this is released we will be two thirds of the way through a trilogy.

syklops wrote: »
    I understood that was what was planned. Spidey is happy out, enjoying life with his stunner of a girlfriend when out of nowhere comes the green goblin and you know what. The first move was spidey racked with remorse over the death of Uncle Ben, the third movie he is racked with anger at the GG.

And what do you mean when you say "this early"? Once this is released we will be two thirds of the way through a trilogy.

I figured they would've saved it for the third

SET PIC HEAVY. SPOILERS MAY APPLY

403mr.jpg
    402p.jpg
    404sk.jpg
    408kx.jpg
    409ud.jpg
    410ne.jpg
    417b.jpg
    418bn.jpg
    405mw.jpg
    andrewgarfieldcompanion.jpg
    325db.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I presume the thing Rhino has on him will be somehow CGI'd, looks unbelievably cheap. Like something they used in Be Kind Rewind to remake the film scenes.

Of course, it's just to get Giamatti the right height so it can be done properly post production

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    I presume the thing Rhino has on him will be somehow CGI'd, looks unbelievably cheap. Like something they used in Be Kind Rewind to remake the film scenes.

It's just reference points for the cgi artists, movie magic man :pac: you'd be amazed how low tech stuff looks on a film set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

krudler wrote: »
    It's just reference points for the cgi artists, movie magic man :pac: you'd be amazed how low tech stuff looks on a film set.

indeed, most of the dinosaurs on Jurassic park were tennis balls on broom handles.
    majority of star wars sets were green cloth and if i recall Jarjar Binks was just a guy with an umbrella stuck on his head, not sure why they didnt change that in the cgi tho.

That rhino outfit is just to give actors something to look at to get eyelines right and the symbols on the side are for the artists on the computers to put it all together with the CGI in post production.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Andrew Garfield in latex. Nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He DOES fill out the crotchy part...

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Galvasean wrote: »
    He DOES fill out the crotchy part...

>_>

...cgi

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but apparently Colm Feore will be playing Vulture and will join forces with Electro, Rhino and Green Goblin setting up the Sinister Six for the next film

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Shailene Woodley has revealed that she has been cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a491588/shailene-woodleys-mary-jane-watson-cut-from-amazing-spider-man-2.html

Mad news, I've never seen anything like it to be honest. It might be best for the story overall (one less significant character to focus on) but you have to feel for Woodley.

I genuinely hope it was purely due to storyline constraints and long term planning, and hopefully they'll bring her back. I've already seen fanboys elsewhere exclaiming "Good!11!1! Now hire a hotter actress for the role lolz!!" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It wouldn't surprise me they decided she was miscast and rather than re-cast the role and offend her in the process they just cut her out of the film entirely. I think Woodley is a fantastic young actress (and very attractive), but I don't think she was right for Mary Jane. They need to get a natural red head for a start.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but apparently Colm Feore will be playing Vulture and will join forces with Electro, Rhino and Green Goblin setting up the Sinister Six for the next film

Source

Jaysus, bad guy overkill? doing multiple heros like the Avengers is one thing, but 6 villains? that'd work in a wider universe thing or a crossover with say the Fantastic Four

They've already set dates for a third and fourth movie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a491588/shailene-woodleys-mary-jane-watson-cut-from-amazing-spider-man-2.html

Mad news, I've never seen anything like it to be honest. It might be best for the story overall (one less significant character to focus on) but you have to feel for Woodley.

I genuinely hope it was purely due to storyline constraints and long term planning, and hopefully they'll bring her back. I've already seen fanboys elsewhere exclaiming "Good!11!1! Now hire a hotter actress for the role lolz!!" :rolleyes:

Really? Honestly, I hadn't heard of the actress, but one google search later leaves me baffled that fanboys can be that myopic. Internet people are weird.

I had hoped a sequel might be in better shape than the previous film, itself a complete mess & misfire, but news like this doesn't bode well that the sequel is in good hands. I still can't shake the feeling of "what's the point?" about these 'new' Spider-Man films though; the variations on the Parker story weren't particularly compelling the first time around & wouldn't have me beating down the doors of my cinema to see the latest adventures...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Really? Honestly, I hadn't heard of the actress, but one google search later leaves me baffled that fanboys can be that myopic. Internet people are weird.

I had hoped a sequel might be in better shape than the previous film, itself a complete mess & misfire, but news like this doesn't bode well that the sequel is in good hands. I still can't shake the feeling of "what's the point?" about these 'new' Spider-Man films though; the variations on the Parker story weren't particularly compelling the first time around & wouldn't have me beating down the doors of my cinema to see the latest adventures...
    Set photos of Woodley leaked a couple of months ago and they caused a meltdown amongst certain aspects of the online Spidey community.

It was Kirsten Dunst level hate all over again. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, some of it was really sickening. Although it was nothing compared to the disgusting nastiness that was directed at Dunst. Some of these internet comic book fanboys have serious issues with girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Getting a bad feeling from this film series, especially after the first was just alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Set photos of Woodley leaked a couple of months ago and they caused a meltdown amongst certain aspects of the online Spidey community.

It was Kirsten Dunst level hate all over again. :pac:

Yeah some of the set pics were part of the Google Images search, and while they're not flattering - spontaneous photos oh an unaware subject rarely ever are! - it's baffling that some people could get het up about it.

As an added bonus, Woodley actually looks approximate to the age she would have been playing. For once Hollywood casts a normal-beauty, age appropriate & she then gets the sack. Bah. Oh wait, I think I've probably just hit upon the reason for her firing, haven't I?

If the studio give Webb free reign (like they gave Nolan with TDK) then I say this has the potential to be really good. Otherwise it'll be another heavily comprised effort.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Emma Stone might have been granted the most ridiculously shallow role in a long and embarrassing history of ridiculously shallow roles for women in comic book movies. Such a disconnect between the character she was apparently supposed to be (super-intelligent, proactive teenage prodigy) and how she actually came across on screen (occasionally sassy damsel in distress figure in her mid-twenties).

These new films are shaping up to be more fascinating for what's not in them than what actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Quite liked Kirsten Dunst personally.

But I have to agree how super hero films often do themselves a dis-service trying to squeeze too many characters into a film.

Yeah, some of it was really sickening. Although it was nothing compared to the disgusting nastiness that was directed at Dunst. Some of these internet comic book fanboys have serious issues with girls.

I wasn't too concerned about Dunst's looks (she looked fine in the first, but I did think she looked a bit haggard in the sequels). My problem with Dunst was that she phoned in 2 and 3 in my opinion.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah some of the set pics were part of the Google Images search, and while they're not flattering - spontaneous photos oh an unaware subject rarely ever are! - it's baffling that some people could get het up about it.

It was hard to tell the context of the photos, I mean to me it looked like first thing in the morning before she got ready. That's how insane the backlash was.

I don't think you can blame the studio on this one anyway as I think Woodley was very much his type of casting. But for whatever reason, he's changed his mind.

• Advertisement

It's not confirmed, but ET is claiming that Sarah Gadon (Cosmopolis) has been cast as Mary Jane, which if true contradicts what Webb apparently told Woodley about the character being written out.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/has-a-new-mary-jane-already-been-found-for-the-amazing-spider-man-2

Advertisement