Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Webb has shown himself right up if this is true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In fairness to him, plans may have changed since he told Woodley that. She shot her scenes several months ago and it seems she wasn't around long. If true I imagine Webb will justify the recasting by saying they totally re-wrote the character and felt they needed a different actor. I'm sure Woodley knows the score but didn't want to have to say she was sacked.

I'd more interested to know whether the decision was influenced by the negative fanboy reaction to Woodley's set photos. Maybe the studio got nervous.

If Gadon is going to be in TASM2, then why did he say the character was dropped due to the story reasons? Why not just be honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Disappointing, quite like Shailene Woodley and the descendants showed that she can act, would they really have sacked her because of a disgruntled fanboy reaction? Then again, they have pretty much moved the suit inline with the Raimi design following the "Spalding" reaction after the first movie.

I'm not going to get on the "send the rights back to Marvel" bus in this thread, but I'll just let you know I have purchased a one way ticket.

If you had said "Guess why they sacked her and hired this wan?" my gut reaction would be: "She looks a lot younger than her two co-stars".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

In fairness if this new actress is MJ she looks the part. Certainly looks like a model.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    In fairness if this new actress is MJ she looks the part. Certainly looks like a model.

Looks the part, but looks aren't key to a good portrayal. I'm jumping the gun here but if Gadon is MJ, I suspect the character has been completely rewritten.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Maybe Gadon is replacing Woodley but not as MJ. In other words, they are saving MJ for the next film but weren't able to completely write out the role played by her character in this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Maybe Gadon is replacing Woodley but not as MJ. In other words, they are saving MJ for the next film but weren't able to completely write out the role played by her character in this film.

Just confirmed she is not playing MJ. She looks like black cat, but I believe that part is already filled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Black Cat would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking up The Crow lead to looking up the guy who accidentally shot Lee on set lead to seeing he was 'man in the shadows' in Amazing Spiderman 1 and talks he will be Norman Osbourne in AS 2. Was he the guy so at the end of the last film talking to Connors in the cell?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hey Folks,

I was in New York recently and stumbled upon a set for the Amazing Spider Man 2 movie.

I took a quick video so thought it might be of interest to some of you here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Villain Rumors
    Reports are coming in that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 may be shaking up its villain roster by featuring Harry Osborn as Green Goblin.

Early word seemed to suggest that Norman, played by 63-year-old Chris Cooper, would be assuming the iconic villain role, but now it sounds like Dane DeHaan's Harry will be suiting up instead for the climax of the film, which will reportedly take place at an Oscorp Power Planet. Again, though, this has yet to be confirmed by the studio.
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Thwip! wrote: »
    They've already set dates for a third and fourth movie
    Sony Pictures is currently in production on The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but they’ve today announced release dates for two more Spider-Man films.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will hit theaters on May 2, 2014 (as we’ve known)
    The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will hit theaters on June 10, 2016
    The Amazing Spider-Man 4 will hit theaters on May 4, 2018

The fact that Sony is announcing these dates shows an insane confidence in the future of this comic book franchise, and have very likely already mapped out a story roadmap for the series at least through the third film. There have been rumors about an appearance of The Sinister Six in the third movie — a villainous super-group featuring the Lizard, Vulture, Electro, Rhino, and possibly the Green Goblin. That seemed like a lot to set up in time for the third film, but spreading out the story to four films gives Webb much more room to work.

___

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The cover of the new Entertainment Weekly has the first picture of Electro with full effects

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/10/this-weeks-cover-comic-con-amazing-spider-man-2/

1373476711.jpg

I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A FREEZE IS COMING!!!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A FREEZE IS COMING!!!

ICE TO MEET YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

A FREEZE IS COMING!!!

Shocking pun
    :pac:

The whole Electro look isn't doing a whole lot for me. I didn't like the route they went with The Lizard design either though.

• Advertisement

Managed to see the Comic-Con footage today before it was taken down from Youtube.....LOOKS AMAZING

Go to 4:17

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

only watched the first 2 minutes or so of the footage but that looks fun. "lick this!" the wisecracking Spidey is great instead of the mopey whingebag in the Raimi movies.

are they really going with Amazing Spider-Man 2 as a title? would have thought something like The Spectacular Spider-Man or something would have been cool.

krudler wrote: »

are they really going with Amazing Spider-Man 2 as a title? would have thought something like The Spectacular Spider-Man or something would have been cool.

Then creative would have to come up with similar titles for 3 and 4. That would be too much effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Alleged first reveal of the Green Goblin (you can see close up of face in the top right hand corner), interesting mix of 616 and Ultimate versions:

BaOQvB-CEAAG584.jpg:large

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So I take it Rhino is a robot of some sort then. Cool enough poster but it makes me think the film is gonig to be a cluster****, looks like Spider-man 3 all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I thought the first film was let down by the villain of the piece, so if they can strike the right balance (ala how Nolan dealt with multiple villains in the TDK trilogy) then this film has potential. I really like the whole dynamic between Garfield and Stone's Peter and Gwen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So I take it Rhino is a robot of some sort then. Cool enough poster but it makes me think the film is gonig to be a cluster****, looks like Spider-man 3 all over again.

That's it on the left? I'm not really quite sure what I'm meant to be looking at tbh, is it a suit or something Giamatti is going to be riding in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can see tank tracks, so is it some form of military vehicle? Looks like something from Robot Wars anyway :)
    3 villains though, ha. An underwhelming first film, and they're going straight into the villain-overload for the sequel? My own spidey-senses still tingle about this one and have my expectations dialled wayyyyyy down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The trailer has been leaked on a Russian site. Poor quality but it looks rather good. Cannot wait for the HD trailer.
    http://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_mx6oaqrcUW1s42j7g.mp4#_=_

Advertisement