Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Thwip! wrote: »
    Another new picture. Somewhat suggestive of USM

BCdhlz4CcAAwnAM.jpg:large

Green Goblin debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Green Goblin debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #14

And Marc's tweet with that pic was directed towards Dane DeHaan who's playing Harry... I think you may be onto something here Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Another new picture. Somewhat suggestive of USM

BCdhlz4CcAAwnAM.jpg:large

Venom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sarxos wrote: »
    Another new image. Just what is this?

amazing-spider-man-2-set-photo-oscorp.jpeg
    Something you could fit around your arm that as insulated wires that look capable of carrying a high amount of current. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Corholio wrote: »
    Venom!!

First thing that came into my head. In the Ultimate Spiderman comics Venom, or rather a small sample of what would become Venom, was stored in a small lab locker with the number 14 on it.

• Advertisement

http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider-man-venom-harry-osborn/

More powerful nerds (they have blogs) beat the theory to the finish line first. Except, they combined the two: Harry Osborn may be the next Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Overheal wrote: »
    Something you could fit around your arm that as insulated wires that look capable of carrying a high amount of current. Hmmm.

Yeah that makes sense as it would put the film version of Electro closer in concept to the comic version Shocker than the comic version of Electro.

Would make for a more real world and less superpowered take on the character. Think you might be right with your comment.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah that makes sense as it would put the film version of Electro closer in concept to the comic version Shocker than the comic version of Electro.

Would make for a more real world and less superpowered take on the character. Think you might be right with your comment.
    If I am, I'll do the dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd much prefer Humberto Ramos eyes....one huge one on one side of his head and the other one kind of squinting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'm happy with Bagleys design. I'd prefer McFarlane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't see Gwen, MJ, and Black Cat being in the one film. She'll probably end up with a bit part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think the lineup is starting to look a little crowded.
    Will likely effect the quality of the film.

I call it up superhero sequel syndrom.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

I doubt whether half of the rumors we're hearing are true. Green Goblin, Electro, Morbius the Living Vampire, Rhino, am I forgetting anyone? They can't all be in it.

The thing is they could very all be all in it....but could be just establishing them for the future....like Thor did with Hawkeye etc

I imagine if Morbius is in it it'll be a very small part and could even be cut like the scene with Ratha dying in ASM was cut

The thing is they could very all be all in it....but could be just establishing them for the future....like Thor did with Hawkeye etc

I imagine if Morbius is in it it'll be a very small part and could even be cut like the scene with Ratha dying in ASM was cut

Yes...perhaps they want to include these in guardians of the galaxy? Separate to the avengers sequel.

Yes...perhaps they want to include these in guardians of the galaxy? Separate to the avengers sequel.

Owned by two different film companies at the moment.

• Advertisement

Is Spiderman Sony and the other two Marvel?

Is Spiderman Sony and the other two Marvel?

GotG and Avengers are Marvel's and Spidey is Sony's so the likeliness of a Spidey centric villain like Morbius etc turning up in a Marvel property film is extremely unlikely for the time being. The only characters who can really cross at the moment are Wanda and Pietro (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) who are both mutants AND Avengers, so theoretically Singer could use them in X-men as long as they dont mention the avengers or they could be used in any Marvel Avengers tie-in as long as they dont mention they're mutants

So was this reboot just churned out so that Sony could hold onto the rights to Spiderman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

So was this reboot just churned out so that Sony could hold onto the rights to Spiderman?

Spider-Man 4 was shelved for a variety of reasons so Sony just said we will start again new director and new cast. The Lizard was the main villian planned for Spidey 4 and that was carried over to Amazing Spider-Man

Ah right, I thought I read somewhere that Sony had a finite amount of time on the rights unless they kept the train rolling.

Yeah I'd say Thwip is spot on with this one. If Morbius is in it, I'd say it'd be no bigger than Connor's role in the original trilogy.

Yeah I'd say Thwip is spot on with this one. If Morbius is in it, I'd say it'd be no bigger than Connor's role in the original trilogy.

Morbius is a vampire and Marvel Vampires used to belong with New Line Cinema with Blade but those rights have gone back to Marvel which would mean Sony hasn't got the rights to Morbius.

Really? That's a surprise, usually I'm up to date with which character belongs to which studio.

Really? That's a surprise, usually I'm up to date with which character belongs to which studio.

Goyer had Morbius in the first draft of Blade 2 but he wasn't used and Blade and related characters went back to Marvel Studios in 2011 so its a grey area regarding Morbius and if he can be used in Spider-Man films but I can't see Marvel handing Morbius over to Sony even though you can argue Morbius is a Spider-Man character but he seems to be owned by Marvel.

• Advertisement

Well consider me trumped so :P

I dont see him fitting with the MCU at the moment though so maybe a sale can be negotiated. A Guillermo Del Toro spin off Morbius film would be great and would a great lead in for a Blade Reboot through Midnight Sons

Advertisement