Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Today's set pic

BDfvlStCIAAB7kx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wow, if they included Morbius that would be pretty bad ass as he's a pretty left-field bad guy. I'm still holding out hope they'll include Kraven at some stage, so much they could do with that character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thwip! wrote: »
    Today's set pic

BDfvlStCIAAB7kx.jpg

This is what I hate about the Sony ownership of Spidey. How epic would it be if those badges said SHIELD instead of FBI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If Marvel gained control of Spidey tomorrow it would be 6 years before we see a movie. There is nothin stoppin Marvel and Sony coming to an arrangement on crossovers.

syklops wrote: »
    This is what I hate about the Sony ownership of Spidey. How epic would it be if those badges said SHIELD instead of FBI?

How epic would it be if the badges had two different signatures

*look closely*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

How epic would it be if the badges had two different signatures

*look closely*
    It's actually just one agent....they're....ah.....using mirror effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    If Marvel gained control of Spidey tomorrow it would be 6 years before we see a movie. There is nothin stoppin Marvel and Sony coming to an arrangement on crossovers.
    Greed will always stop it from happening unfortunately.

I remember recently reading a rumour that Fox wanted to extend their rights to Daredevil beyond their current contract. Marvel were receptive to the idea, but they wanted Fox to hand over the rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer in exchange.

Fox of course walked away because they knew what Marvel Studios could do with Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Studios don't want to do each other favours, especially favours that are potentially worth billions of dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

Greed will always stop it from happening unfortunately.

I remember recently reading a rumour that Fox wanted to extend their rights to Daredevil beyond their current contract. Marvel were receptive to the idea, but they wanted Fox to hand over the rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer in exchange.

Fox of course walked away because they knew what Marvel Studios could do with Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Studios don't want to do each other favours, especially favours that are potentially worth billions of dollars.
    Actually Fox didn't go with the deal because they're about to reboot the Fantastic Four and they need those characters.

Which is a damn shame because the Joe Carnahan DD that was planned sounded brilliant

Which is a damn shame because the Joe Carnahan DD that was planned sounded brilliant
    Yeah, the Fox Cinematic Universe being set in the 60s/70s would have been nifty: the X-Men mirroring the Civil Rights movement, the FF mirroring the space race and Daredevil mirroring the ghettoization of New York would have been sweet.

• Advertisement

Marc Webb tweeted the first preview of the new suit. I edited in the last suit beside it so we can see how much it's changed

306255_10200740854110585_1474776380_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Much much prefer the suit on the right (thats the new one right?)

Yep the suit on the right is the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I thought the one on the right was from the Raimi trilogy....guess the eyes are a little different. One on the left always reminds me of an Alex Ross design of Ben Reilly's costume, they should have just added a hoody to it for the sequel.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's the first time out of any of the movies that the eyes will look to me like they do in the comics, in terms of size and how white they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The one on the right just looks like the Toby Maguire costume.
    Have to say I prefer the one on the left.

Finally, the costume designers are actually trusting the aesthetic of the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I thought the costume in the first movie was great.

I think it's the colours that are tricking people into thinking the one on the right is similar to raimi's. I imagine it's very much pre-colour treatment. Plus the webbing design is different, eyes are different, logo is different (much thicker) and we finally got the lil meeting point of all the webs at the top of the nose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Feels like an evolution of the Raimi suits - which were pretty great to begin with. Huge improvement over the TASM suit.

• Advertisement

The only thing I don't like is how rubbery all the suits have looked. I have no idea how he breathes in those things. Logically, his costume should be made of the lightest fabric, so that the "wall-crawly feelers" on his hands and feet can get through the gloves. Then, the tough rubber web pattern all over the costume would add reinforcement and durability while still being light and thin overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the Raimi suit. It was immediately apparent that the new suit uses the Eyes pulled right from out of the comic books. Good riddance to the potato wedges. Also uses 1 fewer web ring on the face on the new one (4 vs 5). Now spidey looks legitimately part of the MCU

spiderman-ii-2004-30-g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm happy with this change, the big eyes are like Mark Bagley's Spidey:

1009397.jpg

Very much Bagley influenced
    Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_156_Textless.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Chris Cooper announced to play Norman Osborn. Great casting so far in this movie.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43979

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Hmmm, too many villians? Although I suppose a lot of the other stories we've heard have just been rumours!

Fwiw, I think Cooper is a great choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My guess would be that Osborn won't be GG in this, and Harry won't be a foe for Peter either.

Electro and Rhino will be the bad guys with Norman pulling the strings in the background. I have a feeling Foxx wouldn't have signed if he wasn't Spidey's main foe in this.

I imagine he'll be a debilitated Norman in this one, gets the serum near the end and GG comes into the third film

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Very much Bagley influenced

I was gonna post that one! Love Bagley's art, his is the definitive modern Spidey.

Chris Cooper is a good choice for Norman; he can play the puppet master very convincingly. I just hope his Green Goblin costume is less Power Rangers, unless they go down the Ultimate route. That would work pretty well if Oscorp uses Connors' research to cure him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I like Chris Cooper so its cool to see him get such a high profile role, great character actor.

Advertisement