Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani girl doused in acid for looking at boys

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

It's very lazy to blame this terrible act on Islam (or religion in general) just because the animals who committed this act are Muslim (I assume). It's like blaming every drunken fight where some poor guy gets his head kicked in on the religion of the attacker. There is NOTHING in Islamic teaching that approves of this kind of attack. In fact it is totally against what Muslims believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

It's very lazy to blame this terrible act on Islam (or religion in general) just because the animals who committed this act are Muslim (I assume). It's like blaming every drunken fight where some poor guy gets his head kicked in on the religion of the attacker. There is NOTHING in Islamic teaching that approves of this kind of attack. In fact it is totally against what Muslims believe.

It is against the teachings of the Koran yes. But the problem with that book is its vagueness, which makes it ideal of the Imans to manipulate.

Islam as it stands now is the faith preached by the Imans, not the Koran.

So actually, Islam does support this.

Equally The pope/celibacy in Catholicism is part of the Catholic faith but not part of the bible etc.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    It is against the teachings of the Koran yes. But the problem with that book is its vagueness, which makes it ideal of the Imans to manipulate.

Equally The pope/celibacy in Catholicism is part of the Catholic faith but not part of the bible etc.

So because the Qur'an doesn't specifically say "thou shall not pour acid all over your daughters face" you deduce the Qur'an does support it??? My local golf club doesn't have a rule which says "beating other golfers over the head with a golf club is forbidden". Does that mean it is allowed? You are talking total nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

There have always been people who will hide behind their religeon as to why they did terrible things... I think above all nations we shouldn't be throwing mud on this one... people who kill on behalf of their religeon or because of the victims religeon are plane simple murderers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

id love to know how they always seem to have acid in ready supply when these problems occur...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

ah the joy or honour and religion world over. its the same in every country, in one sentence they scream about religiona nd honour and all that rubbish, then the other hand do this. both in ireland and other places. I am sure thier god will be very happy with them.

ah and people wonder why i dont do church.

So because the Qur'an doesn't specifically say "thou shall not pour acid all over your daughters face" you deduce the Qur'an does support it??? My local golf club doesn't have a rule which says "beating other golfers over the head with a golf club is forbidden". Does that mean it is allowed? You are talking total nonsense.

No, re-read my post. I said Islam supports it as preached by the Imans. I never said the Koran does. Book =/! practised faith.

No, re-read my post. I said Islam supports it as preached by the Imans. I never said the Koran does. Book =/! practised faith.

"Islam supports it". What is that supposed to mean? Where does God say it is ok to pour acid on a girl's face for looking at boys??!! You are saying because some renegade Imam might have said this is ok (BTW what imam said this, do you have a link?) it means Islam supports it? Remember when some Catholic priest ordained Sinead O'Connor? What you are saying is like saying the Cathlic Church supports women priests because one priest ordained a woman.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 get_even

its a bit silly to dismiss the notion that their is any connection between islam and the acts which are carried out in the name of islam , its all very well being tollerant and pc but a clear and established pattern exists between a particular major religon and medieval reactions to things like marrying outside the family or holding hands with a boy your not married to , i think it helps little to refuse to admit that thier is a significant percentage of muslims who,s attitudes are completley out of whack with western society

at the end of the day , religon is man made and a choice , a person cannot help what colour they are but no one is forced to believe that women should walk three steps behind a man etc

"Islam supports it". What is that supposed to mean? Where does God say it is ok to pour acid on a girl's face for looking at boys??!! You are saying because some renegade Imam might have said this is ok (BTW what imam said this, do you have a link?) it means Islam supports it? Remember when some Catholic priest ordained Sinead O'Connor? What you are saying is like saying the Cathlic Church supports women priests because one priest ordained a woman.

Ordaining sinead o connor was a once off event. Acid attacks are not. These are daily events.
    My saying the faith as preached supports attacks like this is not me supporting it. Learn the difference.

The Imans preach what they belive the Koran to be teaching, and the populace listen. So, is Islam the Islam as taught in their book, or is it the day-to-day Islam as preached/practised by the Imans?
    I fear it is the latter. Islam as lived bears little resemblance to Islam in the Koran, just as christianity is very different from that in the bible and judaism as that in the torah.

No, i'm not going to go trawling the net for links.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

neil_hosey wrote: »
    id love to know how they always seem to have acid in ready supply when these problems occur...
    I've seen 30% HCl being sold as muriatic acid,for cleaning purposes in supermarkets in the EU.

I'd be sure you can pickup sulphuric acid in many farmers coops

If acid wasn't available it would have been bleach / toilet cleaner or a physical assault with a weapon or a beating.

Access to acid isn't the base of the problem.

You have to remember that in Ireland and the UK to a lesser extent many substances that could be used for terrorism are banned in addition to health and safety restrictions. You can't get stuff like .88 ammonia or non-safety matches anymore.

Does anyone know what level of education the mother received ?

Advertisement