Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani girl doused in acid for looking at boys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Sick bastards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

disgusting pigs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Vile behaviour. Also religion of peace and Salem witch trials before someone else mentions them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Her own mother and father?? The 2 people in this world you should ALWAYS be able to count on for love and acceptance.

This is just vile. They should get the same fate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Beaten up and doused with acid - 35% burns and not brought to hospital until the next day - all for looking at two boys on a motorcycle.

Poor girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I cant even imagine her pain going the whole night left in that state, jesus Im almost in tears.

How can people be so sick and twisted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

This world gets crazier by the day:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20173484

Honour my ass!

sure the catholic church put girls in laundries and tortured them for being good looking, happened right here in this country

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan reported 943 women were killed in
    honour killings last year.

These places hold the rest of humanity back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Vile behaviour. Also religion of peace and Salem witch trials before someone else mentions them.
    And was about to say in before magdalene laundries, but beaten to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

mauzo wrote: »
    I cant even imagine her pain going the whole night left in that state, jesus Im almost in tears.

How can people be so sick and twisted?

Religion.

Promac wrote: »
    Religion.

Narrowed down to Islam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Religion.

Religion and a patriarchal fear of female sexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Of course Allah will be so proud of them and will have a chair waiting for them in heaven. Allah hates girls looking at boys.. its far too natural isn't it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Religion.

Was going to say that too -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Nodin wrote: »

Religion and a patriarchal fear of female sexuality.

Meanwhile, this teacher got her school burned down. 'Lost in translation' apparently.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20167390

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I would call them animals, but I like animals. They don't go around deforming each other for the slightest thing and then try to justify their monstrous actions with something as vain as shaming oneself.

This site has a few pics of female acid survivors. Couldn't find the other site which explained why they were attacked but you can imagine it was for daft reasons (Running away from boyfriend / husband, wearing some Western clothing, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

All I can think of is that 1 thing that the Hitch said, and its along the lines of: Good people will do good things and bad people will do wicked things. To get a good person to do do a wicked thing, that takes religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

in the unlikely event that there is a Hell, may they burn in it. evil cvnts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Personally, I wonder if jail time is actually much of an impediment in these sorts of cases. Essentially, if they feel their family has been 'dishonoured', they might feel it's quite honorable to go to jail for righting said dishonour.

Since they're a superstitious bunch, I wonder if there's a punishment they can do that somehow 'dishonours' the family to make it more of an impediment. I.e. maybe have the dad gang raped by a group of pigs and dogs in the town square.

Of course, if it's mostly family members turning them in, that might do more harm and good - they might not want to cause more 'dishonour' to their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Atheists are evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Narrowed down to Islam?

A Human woudn't do this if it weren't for their religion telling them that such an innocent thing was wrong and this punishable.

I'm noticing the more people seem to move away from the most controlling and power hungry religions, the better things seem to become for people. Especially those people that are born into these strict religions that fall outside what it is to be "right" and are seen as "wrong" with desperate consequences to follow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Lads i don't think it's said enough,but we have to remember the majority of these killings happen in desolate backwards rural areas of these countries.I don't think its right for us to brush every muslim with the same brush as these animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Lads i don't think it's said enough,but we have to remember the majority of these killings happen in desolate backwards rural areas of these countries.I don't think its right for us to brush every muslim with the same brush as these animals.

There seems to be a much higher frequency of these "animals" in Islam compared to other religions, at least admit that much.

How many people have been killed in the name of the Hare Krishna or Buddhist religions this year? As Un-politically correct as it is to say, some religions are a lot more f**ked up and harmful to society than others, and Islam is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

pmcmahon wrote: »

I just said "religion" because the christians and others are just as bad. I can't think of any other system that allows people to go around mutilating and killing each-other with a clear conscience.

Why did you mutilate your child? Because this book here says god wants me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

There seems to be a much higher frequency of these "animals" in Islam compared to other religions, at least admit that much.

How many people have been killed in the name of the Hare Krishna or Buddhist religions this year? As Un-politically correct as it is to say, some religions are a lot more f**ked up and harmful to society than others, and Islam is one of them.

Religious extremists in acid attack you say...
    Butyric acid is a clear, colorless liquid with an unpleasant, rancid, vomit-like odor. Anti-abortion extremists began using butyric acid as a weapon against abortion facilities in early 1992. The goal of introducing butyric acid into a clinic is to disrupt services, close the clinic, and harass patients and staff. Depending on the amount used and how it is introduced into the clinic, butyric acid can cause thousands of dollars of damage, requiring clinics to replace carpeting, furniture, and conduct extensive cleanup of the facility. In addition, even after cleanup, butyric acid's smell leaves a reminder of the incident for months, and often years, to come.

There have been about 100 butyric acid attacks throughout the United States and Canada, causing in excess of $1 million in damages.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/violence/butyric_acid.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Religion.

WRONG
    I just said "religion" because the christians and others are just as bad. I can't think of any other system that allows people to go around mutilating and killing each-other with a clear conscience.

Why did you mutilate your child? Because this book here says god wants me to.

Oh yes, thats right. Because there were several religious honor killings here last year.

• Advertisement

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Narrowed down to Islam?

Nope - all religion. I don't know of a single theist belief system that hasn't at some point advocated mutilation and murder.

Advertisement