Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani girl doused in acid for looking at boys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

Sad that I thought there was a good chance this had happened in the UK before reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

WRONG

Oh yes, thats right. Because there were several religious honor killings here last year.

Are you implying that people don't mutilate and kill other people in the name of religion and that it doesn't happen in Ireland?

Because I come from this little place called Northern Ireland where it's happened very recently. Not to mention the little bit of bother we had with certain neighbours over the last 800 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

WRONG

Oh yes, thats right. Because there were several religious honor killings here last year.

Realistically how long before the 1st case of something like that here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Promac wrote: »
    Are you implying that people don't mutilate and kill other people in the name of religion and that it doesn't happen in Ireland?

Because I come from this little place called Northern Ireland where it's happened very recently. Not to mention the little bit of bother we had with certain neighbours over the last 800 years.

Ohhhh, nice twist job there ;) give it a 5/10.

But thats what I love about certain atheists (you Promac in this case ;) ) You class people of faith as all the same. Sure whats the difference between a jew and an muslim extremist, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I just said "religion" because the christians and others are just as bad. I can't think of any other system that allows people to go around mutilating and killing each-other with a clear conscience.

Why did you mutilate your child? Because this book here says god wants me to.

Atheist regimes such as the U.S.S.R 1917-87, China 1949-87 and China 1923-49. And sorry I'm not aware of many Christians who go around killing each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 closing_bell

But thats what I love about certain atheists (you Promac in this case ;) ) You class people of faith as all the same. Sure whats the difference between a jew and an muslim extremist, right?

id be carefull if i was you , you must not under any circumstance imply that thier is a problem with religous fanaticism amongst the islamic population of the world

the idea is an affront to all PC thinkers and boards.ie is PC central

awaits ban

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

All I can say is fair play to her sister and I hoope someone is looking out for her safety from these lunatics..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Atheist regimes such as the U.S.S.R 1917-87, China 1949-87 and China 1923-49. And sorry I'm not aware of many Christians who go around killing each other.

Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I am getting tired of reading sick s*** like this from these countries, WTF is wrong with them, her bloody parents ffs :(

Northern Ireland?

The amount of killings associated with Christianity is probably less than 3 million. The amount associated with atheists is over 150 million. And Christians are supposedly the ones who go around killing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

This is so sad. In the same vein did anyone catch the exposure documentary on bbc lastnight about honour killing? It was the most tragic thing I have seen in a long time about a muslim wife who confided in the police in fearing for her life and was later killed by her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

WRONG
    It's not wrong. Evil can be caused by religion. It isn't always of course, and obviously most religious people aren't evil but that still doesn't make what the person said wrong. Where did they suggest all religious people are as bad as fundamentalists? And the northern Ireland reference wasn't twisting anything, seemed perfectly relevant.
    id be carefull if i was you , you must not under any circumstance imply that thier is a problem with religous fanaticism amongst the islamic population of the world

the idea is an affront to all PC thinkers and boards.ie is PC central

awaits ban
    Why would you be banned? You're right - there's serious fanaticism among Muslims. I don't think pc people would disagree. They'd just disagree that all Muslims are maniacs, which is a different discussion obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

not a nice thing to do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well I suppose we got to page 3 at least.

I didn't say anything about all people of faith. My point was that religion - your christian one as well - specifically advocates killing and mutilating people in the name of your deity. It's right there in your bible. That doesn't mean that every christian goes around throwing acid at their kids any more than all muslims do but you'd have a religious justification for doing so if you wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Looking at boys in pakistan ?

darwin award

Well I suppose we got to page 3 at least.

We got seven posts in when someone referred to religion as the reason people are so sick and twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The Muslims are cheap copycats who can't come up with an original way to kill people?
    (the first suicide bomber in Palestine was a Jewish man blowing up British soldiers)

I didn't say anything about all people of faith. My point was that religion - your christian one as well - specifically advocates killing and mutilating people in the name of your deity. It's right there in your bible. That doesn't mean that every christian goes around throwing acid at their kids any more than all muslims do but you'd have a religious justification for doing so if you wished.

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'"

I Think Jesus pretty clearly does not advocate killing and mutilating people.

We got seven posts in when someone referred to religion as the reason people are so sick and twisted.

"Pakistani atheist murders child for not looking at boys"

No wait...

• Advertisement

The amount of killings associated with Christianity is probably less than 3 million. The amount associated with atheists is over 150 million. And Christians are supposedly the ones who go around killing people.
    They weren't specifically killed in the name of atheism in fairness. It's not like one of the tenets of atheism is to be cruel to others, whereas it can be within fanatical strains of certain religions.
    Not doing an atheist v religious thing - I appreciate religious people feeling defensive in discussions like this, but the atheism backlash can be just as tedious.

"Pakistani atheist murders child for not looking at boys"

No wait...
    She was killed in the name of fundamentalist religion, simple as. In impoverished societies where there is no access to education, this mindset is pretty easy to implement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

This world gets crazier by the day:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20173484

Honour my ass!

Another sad news story on the failure of human beings, Mentally deranged and insane human beings. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The problems in Northern Ireland have absolutely nothing to do with religion.
    It has everything to do with ethnicity.

Read a ****ing book or something.

Madam_X wrote: »
    They weren't specifically killed in the name of atheism in fairness. It's not like one of the tenets of atheism is to be cruel to others, whereas it can be within fanatical strains of certain religions.
    Not doing an atheist v religious thing - I appreciate religious people feeling defensive in discussions like this, but the atheism backlash can be just as tedious.

They were regimes which were deeply rooted in atheist ideology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Animals.

But Seaneh, religion is part of their identity - in particular the orange order. It certainly has its historical roots in religious conflict. Definitely not true it has "nothing" to do with religion.

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'"

I Think Jesus pretty clearly does not advocate killing and mutilating people.

His father clearly does:
    http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sick disgusting arseholes
    I believe certain things with certain races should give people the right to be racist
    And I for one after readin that have a hatred for them now

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    The problems in Northern Ireland have absolutely nothing to do with religion.
    It has everything to do with ethnicity.

Read a ****ing book or something.

I'm from Derry. My ethnicity is white, just like most other people form NI. There have been plenty of killings in Northern Ireland for no other reason than the victim was catholic or protestant. That doesn't mean the conflict in Northern is about religion, it means there are people who are prepared to kill over what religion a person might be. Read a f*cking book yourself. "The Shankhill Butchers" is a good one to start with.

Advertisement