Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 18 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Brake issues for Vettel was it? They seemed to be working on the front brakes right up to the wire

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

The hulk found some pace this morning could have a sneak at getting in amongst the Ferraris or at least in front of Lotus. Hopeful that this GP won't be sh!t as the last four. HAM for pole.

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    HAM for pole.

I've a feeling Vettel will still take pole. He went out & done two laps and still managed to go faster than Webber. A few more laps under his belt & he'll be well up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

I'm feeling (and hoping) a McLaren upset here, Lewis means business this weekend.

I'm feeling (and hoping) a McLaren upset here, Lewis means business this weekend.

He's been on it 100% alright, we'll know soon enough :)

• Advertisement

Whatever about the track itself, the venue is absolutely breathtaking

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

EnterNow wrote: »
    Whatever about the track itself, the venue is absolutely breathtaking

Yeh the way the hotel lights up and changes colour as the race goes on is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hamilton overcooking it

Red Bulls saving tyres or something?

Seb made heavy contact with the wall!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Seb kisses the wall.

Edit: looking at it again he have it a fair wack.

Because of the farce of teams being allowed to use DRS during Qualifying, hard to see past Vettel being on pole & sailing away into the sunset while we all snore away watching it.

Eh? Everyone has DRS in qualifying and I didn't think Red Bull's was as good as others'. I could swear earlier in the season the DRS in qualifying was given as a reason for RB not dominating.

Eh? Everyone has DRS in qualifying and I didn't think Red Bull's was as good as others'. I could swear earlier in the season the DRS in qualifying was given as a reason for RB not dominating.

As far as I understood it, RB's DRS gave them a huge advantage on Saturdays (the Newey designed double-drs)? Besides, either way, its ridiculous allowing cars to go faster on Saturdays compared to race day. It's an overtaking aid, not a 'go-faster' system

As far as I understood it, RB's DRS gave them a huge advantage on Saturdays (the Newey designed double-drs)? Besides, either way, its ridiculous allowing cars to go faster on Saturdays compared to race day. It's an overtaking aid, not a 'go-faster' system

I don't think it should be used in qualifying but I don't think it helps Red Bull.

I don't think it should be used in qualifying but I don't think it helps Red Bull.

I believe it does, not purely the DRS system alone mind, but I think whatever way their car is designed, its designed with Saturdays in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

The "double DRS" gives a pretty significant advantage in quali in comparision to the standard DRS units and since their Singapore upgrade (where the double DRS was introduced) REd Bull have had a significant speed advantage in qualifying. The double unit, which Merc had at the start of the season, provides a much more low drag profile than the standard unit and as a result anytime the DRS is deployed it gives the car a higher top speed. In qualifying with drivers able to use it on every straight it obviously provides a significant chunk of lap time but once you get to the race, with one or two DRS zones, the advantage is negated....but the other teams still have to get past the Red Bulls in race trim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I'll have to press record now. Back to the united arsenal thread for me now.

Go on Lewis you beauty! :D

Cracking lap from Lewis, sets us up nicely for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Woohoo! Finger-boy isn't on the front row! :D

• Advertisement

Shocking result for Alonso. Vettel didn't make it back to the pits?! Out of fuel?

Shocking result for Alonso. Vettel didn't make it back to the pits?! Out of fuel?

Could be like Lewis in Barcelona and he starts from the back of the grid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

frostie500 wrote: »

Very few things would make me happier.
    :D

Poxy Ferrari :( Tough battle for Alonso tomorrow now

frostie500 wrote: »

That would certainly make for a very interesting race tomorrow if that were to happen! He doesn't look happy with whatever is after happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

If Sebastian stoped because of a lack of fuel, it will be a penalty coming his way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Poxy Ferrari :( Tough battle for Alonso tomorrow now

May not be so bad if Vettel has to start from the pit lane!

Rascasse wrote: »
    May not be so bad if Vettel has to start from the pit lane!

Ah I doubt it, I'd say its the alt issue again rather than fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Ah I doubt it, I'd say its the alt issue again rather than fuel

I'm not sure they would ask him to stop if just the alternator went. I didn't hear the radio message, but as soon as it happened he put it in neutral and coasted to a stop. Possible gearbox problem?

• Advertisement

If I was Mark Webber I'd refuse to wear RedBull's stupid numbered hats.

Advertisement