Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 18 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hopefully we'll get a good race tomorrow with Hamilton up there

Still a good result for Vettel with Alonso in 7th, some sort of problem for Vettel might be good for the championship battle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Trouble for Vettel?
    FIzvM.png

Will probably get away with no penalty knowing RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Jake Humphrey just tweeted...
    Gary Anderson on it - was just now the only man to grab Christian Horner...CH said fuel issue and we'll find outcome 'shortly' #bbcf1

That would explain Sebastian not looking so happy whilst he stood by his car. Maybe it might be just a fuel pump issue and they had enough for a sample for the FIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Rascasse wrote: »
    Trouble for Vettel?
    FIzvM.png

Will probably get away with no penalty knowing RB.
    SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Jake Humphrey just tweeted...

That would explain Sebastian not looking so happy whilst he stood by his car. Maybe it might be just a fuel pump issue and they had enough for a sample for the FIA

24832140.jpg

another tweet

@easonF1: "Told that a Vettel decision will be another hour at least. Charlie Whiting, race director, has gone for dinner”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

another tweet

@easonF1: "Told that a Vettel decision will be another hour at least. Charlie Whiting, race director, has gone for dinner”

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Have to have your priorities right! :D

Hope waiting for this decision isn't the most exciting part of the race weekend

Strange the delay to make a decision, with the team telling him to stop is not just the equivalent of stopping because of low fuel and a grid penalty, must be something a bit unusual... and engine related if Renault involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Well it's past 10pm now in Abu Dhabi. Hopefully we will hear soon something soon.

Latest tweets

vettel.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I'd say that Vettel will be forced to start at the back. If it's taken this long its pretty clear that they are going to give him a penalty...just a matter of how big a penalty!

frostie500 wrote: »
    I'd say that Vettel will be forced to start at the back. If it's taken this long its pretty clear that they are going to give him a penalty...just a matter of how big a penalty!
    Uh oh....
    Vettel's garage door has just been dramatically closed...without Seb's car in it. #drama #vettel #bbcf1

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

frostie500 wrote: »

I'll buy you a pint if he starts last.

BBC F1: "Understand Vettel will start from pit lane. Waiting for confirmation"

Ted Kravitz ‏@tedkravitz
    "Vettel excluded can start from back of grid"

wonder why the delay, odd

report_5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Yessss!!!!

And Alonso is back in it!

Jon Noble ‏@NobleF1
    "Vettel had insufficient fuel for sampling. Disqualified from qualifying. Thrown to back of grid"

I'll buy you a pint if he starts last.

Ill be holding you to that!

Back of the grid for Seb but he'll start in the pitlane so that they can change him onto the prime tyres i would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

thats the best news I have heard all year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

The race tomorrow is going to be epic :D

Somewhere in Abu Dhabi, there is a Spaniard who is a very, very happy man :)

Yeah it'll be very interesting to see what happens because when Jo referred the matter to the stewards with Seb only having 850ml in his tank disqaulification from quali was the standard penalty and should have been handed down pretty quickly.

In saying that we had a similar wait until we found out that Lewis was being put to the back of the grid in Barcelona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Thats thown the cat among the pigeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

The race tomorrow is going to be epic :D

it really wont be lol

definitly a turn up for the championship though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Abu Dhabi GP has just got a lot more interesting. Alonso will have his work cut out with the lads in front of him, & I'd still tip Vettel to finish strong here, possibly even a podium

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭edgy

Should make the race a bit exciting tomorrow!!

13 point championship deficit would mean that Alonso would have to finish on the podium to retake the title lead (with Vettel out of the points) so far from a foregone conclusion that he'll be leading the championship but I would be surprised if he isnt there or thereabouts tomorrow. The race pace of the Ferrari is very impressive and with two DRS zones I would say that they have geared themselves knowing that they will need to overtake cars in the race because of their poor quali pace.

Im very interested to see how Seb moves through the field. As Alonso will testify it can be pretty difficult to overtake in Abu Dhabi!

report_5.jpg

fernando-alonso_1900352c.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

Sweepstakes on where Vettel will finish tomorrow? He'll get to 7th/8th unless other teams have a lot of unreliability I reckon.

Advertisement