Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

No Pants wrote: »
    Was going to go see this on Thursday night in Blanch, but now I see that the 2D showings stop at 17:00 and it's only 3D at 20:30. FFS, this annoys me and it's becoming so common.

Urgh - I hate 3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Urgh - I hate 3D.
    The other movie I'd like to see is Edge of Tomorrow and it's the same for it. 2D stops at 18:00 and it's only 3D after that.

Is this a deliberate ploy by the cinemas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The other movie I'd like to see is Edge of Tomorrow and it's the same for it. 2D stops at 18:00 and it's only 3D after that.

simple answer...yes it is.

Edge of Tomorrow is a decent watch also btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

They make more cash on 3d regardless of whether you bring your own glasses.

I've made myself a pair of 2d glasses, which puts 3d back into 2d. I still have to wear the glasses and I still get the colour loss but it's far less distracting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

And sure it's not like the 3d is adding anything to this.

• Advertisement

Go to a different cinema and email the one you are not spending money in to let them know why.

Edge of Tomorrow 2D is playing at 18:10 and 20:50 in Vue in Liffey Valley tomorrow night.

Go to a different cinema and email the one you are not spending money in to let them know why.

Edge of Tomorrow 2D is playing at 18:10 and 20:50 in Vue in Liffey Valley tomorrow night.
    Tickets are already bought. :mad:

Tickets are already bought. :mad:

Ring them up and tell them you need to cancel, make some plausible excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Not entirely relevant as the original sentinals of the seventies were only armed with conventional weapons. It is the model x sentinels of the future that everyone is alluding to.

Yes but Mystique played no role in the future. And Rogue could not have played a role in the past. So I dont get why people are saying Mystique was only used instead of Rogue because Jennifer Lawerence is one of the biggest movie stars at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Yes but Mystique played no role in the future. And Rogue could not have played a role in the past. So I dont get why people are saying Mystique was only used instead of Rogue because Jennifer Lawerence is one of the biggest movie stars at the moment.

No one's saying that, I just made the point that rather then just letting us assume that at some point in the future trasks sentinels acquired Rogues power absorption ability they heavily implied Mystique was capable of manifested the abilities of the people she mimicked(x1&2 established she cant) which was why trask was obsessed with capturing her.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A better angle would just have been them using the DNA of captured mutants which was what I thought at first, we see a sentinel turn to diamond in the opening sequence and hear later that Emma Stone was no more so I assumed they used her DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

If you watch the final sentinel attack, there is a homage of previous mutant abilities on show, you see Death Strikes claws, Darwins rock armour and a few others being used by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Stopped reading this thread ages ago cos I was worried about possible spoilers.

Finally got to see the film tonight. It was _really_ good!
    How cool was the bit with Magneto and the Stadium!
    That was totally Apocolypse in the post credits right!!! and the 4 horsemen!!! Oh boy the next film could be really cool!

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it.
    The number of recognisable mutant powers on display from the sentinels and the beam weapon, I presume that's technology from Asgard. I really got lost in it.

I don't get any enjoyment out of the nice Magneto (Ian McKellan). I think it's because my favourite type of character is evil oulfellas and in X2, he definitely was one.

The only thing that jarred for me was Cerebro's analogue dials, just behind a door that has a biometric scanner. In 1973.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I enjoyed the crap out of that.

Can I just add that there was nothing in the movie that merited 3D.

Can I just add that there was nothing in the movie that merited 3D.

I've never seen a film that merits 3D

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Saw Metallica Through the Never in Imax on Parnell Street. It was excellent. Nothing else though.

Saw Metallica Through the Never in Imax on Parnell Street. It was excellent. Nothing else though.

Is that a concert film? I could see how that would work

Is that a concert film? I could see how that would work
    It is and it was excellent. I really felt like I was on stage with them. Seriously, it was like having band members standing at each shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

For me that list is Avatar, Hugo and Life of Pi. Three movies in 5 years.

EDIT: Just realised that Avatar is five years old. Bloody hell, time flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jackass 3D is the best 3D movie I've seen. Really dislike this trend.

Thought days of future past was great though anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Here we go again the anti 3d brigade people who probably never watched movies in 3D or only experience of 3D is watching them is the piss poor set ups in Irish cinemas, Yeah 3D Blu is a very very small tiny niche market but they are some really enjoyable movies in 3D converted and native that don't reach the Irish/UK market

Yeah they are some bad films and some duds in 3D but they are some bad films and some duds in 2D but even an average 3D film can make a rubbish 2D film watchable.

I'll wait to pick up the 3D blu of X-Men: Days of Future Past to judge its 3D rather than watch it in a god awful Irish cinema were its flat, dark and blurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wow, that's the first person I've ever seen to be pro 3d.

I, and I'm sure everyone else here, have seen plenty of movies in 3d at this stage since its forced on us. Even if it is the cinemas fault as you say, the fact that they can't get it right is even more of a reason to avoid it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yar, 3D sucks. I avoid it if I can but my habit of just wandering over to the cinema impromptu and picking the next thing on means I've seen more 3D films than I care to.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Oh I know...but they made that movie fierce confusing...and I do not thing it needed to be at all.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    The timeline was changed after they were already dead.

Totally agree with you....and sure I seen reviews of dofp and they said omg Xavier says the same thing to wolverine as he did to him in the first film....and so your watching it and he actually doesn't at all same the exact same thing.
    tunguska wrote: »
    Finally went to see this at the weekend and I thought it was decent enough. Definitely not as good as X-man first class though. A lot of people have been raving about this saying it was the best X-men film yet but its not, first class had the whole Manegto Nazi hunter story arc and that for me set it apart from most other superhero films, and fassbender was different league aswell. He's great again in this but overall I just think the film is a step backwards in terms of standard and story telling. Like I said, decent enough but just not as good as the previous movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Oh I know...but they made that movie fierce confusing...and I do not thing it needed to be at all.

There was nothing at all confusing about the plot of the movie. The only confusion was the amount of inconsistencies with the other films. Things like:
    • Why was Prof X in a wheelchair in the future (after having apparently transferred his consciousness to someone else who we're apparently all agreeing was his twin brother?
    • How did Wolverine get his adamantium claws back after The Wolverine?
    • Why does Kitty Pride suddenly have the power to make people's minds time-travel?
    • How come Beast (in the past) was able to develop a (temporary) cure for his aesthetic 'problem' when it's been clearly established in the future that he can't cure himself?
    • How was Quicksilver able to listen to music at regular speed while running faster than sound?
    • Why were the never any mention of Sentinels in any other films set after DoFP timeline when they apparently existed in 1973?

Etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I find if a movie is entertaining ill forgive/can rationalise away a multitude of inconsistencies . When it isn't, Prometheus for example, I go full pedant :D

• Advertisement

Xmen was much worse then that first class was straight forward minor a few issues.
    I find if a movie is entertaining ill forgive/can rationalise away a multitude of inconsistencies . When it isn't, Prometheus for example, I go full pedant :D

Advertisement