Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How about Wolverine gets his metal frame back from Apocalyspe as the horseman of death?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

A more pertinent reason for cutting the Rogue scenes is that to show her using her powers would make it blindingly obvious to everyone that her power absorption ability is a far better fit for what trask wants for his sentinels then Mystiques ability to merely mimic appearance. But J-Law is box office so they overlooked that little fact to keep her front and centre.

Rogue wasn't alive during the 70's though she's only a teenager in the first movie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, based on the timeline that beauwolf posted, ten years pass between wolveriens losing his claws and the dystopian future where he has then again.
    The issue may well get explained in the next movie.

Though Xaviers brain dead twin brother....? Get the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Saw this Friday - loved it! As others have mentioned Fassbender and McAvoy were great. I too thought the sentinels were bloody scary, the way they went about their business at the start was crazy.

Now, a couple of things. I thought Quicksilver's lines with Magneto in the lift were great - especially his last one about his mum knowing someone who could control....(I dont know how to spoiler) :)

And also, my lift couldn't stay for the after credit scene. Could someone kindly PM me or spoiler it in a comment please. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

in regard to after credit scene....waiting near 10 mins for it....everyone left last one left.....
    macslash wrote: »
    Saw this Friday - loved it! As others have mentioned Fassbender and McAvoy were great. I too thought the sentinels were bloody scary, the way they went about their business at the start was crazy.

Now, a couple of things. I thought Quicksilver's lines with Magneto in the lift were great - especially his last one about his mum knowing someone who could control....(I dont know how to spoiler) :)

And also, my lift couldn't stay for the after credit scene. Could someone kindly PM me or spoiler it in a comment please. Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

krudler wrote: »
    Rogue wasn't alive during the 70's though she's only a teenager in the first movie

I realise that and I wasn't advocating rogue being made the focus of Trasks attentions in this film, I just think they should have just left it so we just assume at some stage In the future (off screen) rogue got captured and her power taken ala deathstrike rather then framing the story in such a way as to the heavily imply Mystiques has the ability to mimic powers as well as appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I realise that and I wasn't advocating rogue being made the focus of Trasks attentions in this film, I just think they should have just left it so we just assume at some stage In the future (off screen) rogue got captured and her power taken ala deathstrike rather then framing the story in such a way as to the heavily imply Mystiques has the ability to mimic powers as well as appearance.
    Sorry if it was mentioned here already but there was an interview with, I think one of the writers who mentioned that they shot a sub-story with old Magneto and Xavier rescuing Rogue from a prison where Trask Industries had used her powers to create those power absorbing sentinels. The reason was that once Kitty Pride was injured, they thought Rogue could absorb her power and continue with keeping Logan in the past. But that took away some of the tension from the end (worrying about the sentinels and Kitty's health) so they cut it.

I think we can all agree that Rogue made more sense as the sentinels weapons platform, but that Jennifer Lawrence was used as a crowd draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I think we can all agree that Rogue made more sense as the sentinels weapons platform, but that Jennifer Lawrence was used as a crowd draw.

Rogue wouldn't have made much more sense IMO. If the sentinels had Rogues powers, they would have absorbed the X-Men's powers on contact, leaving them weakened (or dead), but that's not what happened. Darwin's power is to adapt to any environment and that is pretty much what the sentinels do in the movie, they get hit with fire and then to ice to counteract it (or vice-versa).
    Pity he was killed off in First Class :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Rogue wouldn't have made much more sense IMO. If the sentinels had Rogues powers, they would have absorbed the X-Men's powers on contact, leaving them weakened (or dead), but that's not what happened. Darwin's power is to adapt to any environment and that is pretty much what the sentinels do in the movie, they get hit with fire and then to ice to counteract it (or vice-versa).
    Pity he was killed off in First Class :o
    The way I thought about that is that there'd have been plenty of previous mutants with similar powers that they would have already assimilated.

• Advertisement

He was mad the killed off most of the charathers in first class.

then they will prob reappear alive in first class 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

He was mad the killed off most of the charathers in first class.

then they will prob reappear alive in first class 3

I think only 5 mutants are dead from First Class (Darwin, Azelel, Angel, that tornado guy and Shaw), 3 of them were easily replaceable henchmen baddies. Darwin could easily come back, his power is to adapt to survive. Kinda like how Wolverine can take all sorts of punishment and repair, he could probably have come back from that energy bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Bacchus wrote: »
    I think only 5 mutants are dead from First Class (Darwin, Azelel, Angel, that tornado guy and Shaw), 3 of them were easily replaceable henchmen baddies. Darwin could easily come back, his power is to adapt to survive. Kinda like how Wolverine can take all sorts of punishment and repair, he could probably have come back from that energy bomb.

Nope Emma frost and banshee were confirmed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Deano7788 wrote: »

Meh.

Banshee and Angel were terrible characters and January Jones is a bit of a plank of wood.

in regard to after credit scene....waiting near 10 mins for it....everyone left last one left.....

what was the scene??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

macslash wrote: »
    what was the scene??

It's on youtube, just search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Deano7788 wrote: »

Confirmed in DofP or in First Class? I thought Emma Frost survived, didn't Magneto break her out of jail in the end (post credit scene or something).

Confirmed in DofP or in First Class? I thought Emma Frost survived, didn't Magneto break her out of jail in the end (post credit scene or something).

He rattled off a bunch of names of people that died when he was in the plane with Hank, Logan and Xavier - Azazel, Angel, Emma and a few others.

January Jones is a bit of a plank of wood.

Yeah but she's a little wetser!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

DOFP, like Gbear said it was mentioned by Magneto on the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I've noticed a few people on this thread and the x-men timeline thread say that the only reason why Rogue was kept out of the movie was so that Mistique's mutation would have to be used for the Sentinals.....therefore making Jennifer Lawerence one of the main stars of the film. But even if Rogue was in the future scenes it wouldnt make a but of difference. She wasnt around in the 60's/70's so Trask could hardly use her anyways.

But even if Rogue was in the future scenes it wouldnt make a but of difference. She wasnt around in the 60's/70's so Trask could hardly use her anyways.

Not entirely relevant as the original sentinals of the seventies were only armed with conventional weapons. It is the model x sentinels of the future that everyone is alluding to.

It's on youtube, just search for it.

I didnt even check youtube, didnt think it would be there. Thanks

But are they actually dead now ?

or is it a fact that they time line is changed and they are all alive now...or will wolverine have to go back to the future....

again to stop them all from dying...god they could make infinite days of future past movies.

It is really a stupid move...killing off emma frost...she looked incredible....my god.

Secondly killing off Azazel....is a bad move because he is nightcrawler dad....and mystique lover...and I think blink in the future is related to that family history...not sure...

I doubt Azazel is dead...because if they were to put nightcrawler in apocalypse it would be cool if they explained the history...

but if I am thinking the way screen writers are thinking these days....apocalype...is going to use mister sinister to blend mystique and dead azazel to make nightcrawler.
    Gbear wrote: »
    He rattled off a bunch of names of people that died when he was in the plane with Hank, Logan and Xavier - Azazel, Angel, Emma and a few others.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

But are they actually dead now ?

or is it a fact that they time line is changed and they are all alive now...or will wolverine have to go back to the future....

The timeline was changed after they were already dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Finally went to see this at the weekend and I thought it was decent enough. Definitely not as good as X-man first class though. A lot of people have been raving about this saying it was the best X-men film yet but its not, first class had the whole Manegto Nazi hunter story arc and that for me set it apart from most other superhero films, and fassbender was different league aswell. He's great again in this but overall I just think the film is a step backwards in terms of standard and story telling. Like I said, decent enough but just not as good as the previous movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

^agree, I thought it was just a bland storyline and you just knew going in that
    time travel was going to provide a magical cure to everything at the end.

When are they going to get it into their heads that Xmen should be all about Magneto/Apocalypse style characters not fooking Wolverine for the 20th time? The first Xmen remains the best one for me, First Class and this one just felt a bit pointless.

tunguska wrote: »
    Finally went to see this at the weekend and I thought it was decent enough. Definitely not as good as X-man first class though. A lot of people have been raving about this saying it was the best X-men film yet but its not, first class had the whole Manegto Nazi hunter story arc and that for me set it apart from most other superhero films, and fassbender was different league aswell. He's great again in this but overall I just think the film is a step backwards in terms of standard and story telling. Like I said, decent enough but just not as good as the previous movie.

I loved the start of first class but it got progressively worse as it went on and the last 40 minutes or so were pretty awful.

Anyway, according to Synger, all of Rogues scenes are getting full post production treatment and will be on the dvd. I assume that means her scenes will be integrated into the story rather than as an extra.

Nonetheless, it'll be good to see how she fits into the story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Was going to go see this on Thursday night in Blanch, but now I see that the 2D showings stop at 17:00 and it's only 3D at 20:30. FFS, this annoys me and it's becoming so common.

Advertisement