Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon (Bohermeen) March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭pansophelia

RayCun: 81:29
    blockic: 82:59
    TRR: 89.30 (pacer)
    Belcarra: 92:59
    career_move: 94:55
    Statss: 99:59
    ultraman1.. sub aimann or bust
    Digger: 89:xx
    Pistol_75: 99:59
    Lex Luther: 83.59
    Ceekay: 87.46
    Younganne 108.59 (...sorry for breaking the sub 100 trend)
    Shortstuff!: 134.59
    PauloMN: 114.59
    Darren 83 111.00
    Corny 102:30
    Miguelk 93.59
    PippaChic 134.59
    KielyU 77.12
    PaulieYifter 85:30
    Marthastew 89.59
    Mr Stew 89.59
    beeduybe 89:59
    Pansophelia 119:59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

RayCun: 81:29
    blockic: 82:59
    TRR: 89.30 (pacer)
    Belcarra: 92:59
    career_move: 94:55
    Statss: 99:59
    ultraman1.. sub aimann or bust
    Digger: 89:xx
    Pistol_75: 99:59
    Lex Luther: 83.59
    Ceekay: 87.46
    Younganne 108.59 (...sorry for breaking the sub 100 trend)
    Shortstuff!: 134.59
    PauloMN: 114.59
    Darren 83 111.00
    Corny 102:30
    Miguelk 93.59
    PippaChic 134.59
    KielyU 77.12
    PaulieYifter 85:30
    Marthastew 89.59
    Mr Stew 89.59
    beeduybe 89:59
    Pansophelia 119:59
    Clarlara 89:xx

Won't be a PB day for me unfortunately :(

Just realised something majorly minor.... I have no idea where the hell Bohermeen is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Just realised something majorly minor.... I have no idea where the hell Bohermeen is?![/Quote]

If you're coming from the M3 take the Navan north exit. Take first exit if coming from Dublin direction. Should be well signposted from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Looks like TRR will have a nice group with tomorrow. Lots a sub 90 goals.
    Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Best of luck to everyone doing the race, hope everyone achieve there goals:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

The website says there will be limited entry on the day, does anyone know how 'limited' this will be?

Not getting tshirts/goodie bags doesn't bother us, we just want to run (one in the half, one in the 5k)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone doing the race, hope everyone achieve there goals:D

Nervous wreck here, at this stage my only goal is to still be alive afterwards!

You will be fine all the training will pay off, just don't rush off at the start and most importantly enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Looking like it's going to be a nice day for a run. Hoping for sub-33 min 5k today. Started running for the first time this time last year walking and running alternate 50m lenghts of road. Best thing I ever did, should have taken up running years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Just heading out the door for Meath - wonder where my Cavan jersey is :D:D

Best of luck to everyone running today - enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

I'm only a few minutes drive from Bohermeen, sitting here feeling fairly nervous:o
    Good luck to everybody here in achieving your goals!

I did it! I finished in 133 minutes , a minute less than I wanted but thought I'd never achieve. I am so, so greatful to the lovely pacers who kept the small group of us motivated. I would have given up and started walking at 11 miles only for them. Thank you Karen and Eimear!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I think we might have finished together pippachic! I was the one in the blue running jacket with the red cheeks! Agreed Eimer and Karen did an excellent job & it their pacing debut, their whistle definitely helped speed up the legs at the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Delighted with how today went, great conditions for running. Organisation was very good, and great atmosphere about the place. Would recommend it.

Got in @ 1.35 in the end, very happy, full report here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83482989#post83482989

Results are here - http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F1115%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

I think we might have finished together pippachic! I was the one in the blue running jacket with the red cheeks! Agreed Eimer and Karen did an excellent job & it their pacing debut, their whistle definitely helped speed up the legs at the end!

Ah, i think I saw you - have you long blonde hair tied back? I was wearing the pink top, that kept riding up and exposing my midriff :o (I should have worn a different top!)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

My first half marathon and came in at 2.17 - delighted. Had expected to be last in around 2.30 but trying to stay near the 2.15 pacers really helped my time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Shortstuff and pippachic i remember seeing both of you! I was in black jacket and shorts

Well done all, came in at 1:59.10. Leg started cramping on me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My first half so happy to come in 1.58. Had hoped for 1.55 but fell apart at 16km. Did a decent first lap then it went downhill. Ended up having to walk for a bit which has never happened me. Wad so fecked that had it not been a race I'd have gone home. Just one of those days I suppose but it all a learning experience.

Thanks to all at Bohermeen AC for a brilliant event. Like clockwork from parking through to the yummy grub at the end. Most enjoyable cuppa I ever had!

Congrats all on your times. Will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats to Bohermeen AC, great race, great organisation, great grub after...only problem i found was the queue for the teeshirts was too near to the finish line so had to come to a bit of an abrupt stop, but thats minor. Decent teeshirt, good on the sizes.

Got a PB of 1:48:46 so happy with that. I found it tough in places and couldn't get the legs to go any faster!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Great job again by all in Bohermeen AC, savage value for a half and a 5 star race. If the legs allow, i'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AJAYC

Great race, organisation & weather. Bohermeen rocks, thanks to all for a really enjoyable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

PippaChic wrote: »

Ah, i think I saw you - have you long blonde hair tied back? I was wearing the pink top, that kept riding up and exposing my midriff :o (I should have worn a different top!)

Yep that's me, don't worry I didn't notice the wardrobe malfunction, was too busy concentrating on breathing!

Just checked the results 134.09, woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭pansophelia

Great race, great pacers, great volunteers, amazing spread afterwards - the soup and the cake were amazing! Delighted with how it went today, finally went sub 2 hours in 1:57:xx, couldn't ask for any more!

Race report here . . (but the above summarises the whole thing in 2 lines!)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83484442#post83484442

Well done Bohermeen Ac a great event will be back next year, didn't get a chance to try the food can't fault the race at all. Really felt it on the second lap. Seen a lot of people finding it tough past a runner who was walking then I was taking a drink he was asking me for a drink couldn't refuse another runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Hats off to Bohermeen, a fantastically well organised race with great local support and Congratulations and well done to all who raced.

Special thanks to the handsome 1.30 pacer;) who glided around the course effortlessly and helped a nice group of us achieve our goals today.

Great race, Mr Stew and I will definitely be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

Well done and a big thank you to Bohermeen A.C, you guys have put on a brilliant event, great course, organisation and lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Marthastew wrote: »
    Hats off to Bohermeen, a fantastically well organised race with great local support and Congratulations and well done to all who raced.

Special thanks to the handsome 1.30 pacer;) who glided around the course effortlessly and helped a nice group of us achieve our goals today.

Great race, Mr Stew and I will definitely be back next year

I think when referring to TRR, it's always important to put the words 'self proclaimed' before any attribute referring to him;).

Great race today. Very well organised. I was a tad disappointed when I saw no sweets in the goodie bag but then I found the buns and the tea. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Well done to all, really sorry to have missed this one- some really great times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Jimh

I have to say a big thanks to the 1:45 pacers at the Meath Spring Marathon - I stayed with them till the last big hill (little hill) then fell about 50 metres behind them but they came back for me and dragged me over the line as last of their Group in 1:44:58. I just need a bit of a recovery now ( Double big thanks to the pacers)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement