Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon (Bohermeen) March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Just wondering, how are people treating this race?

PB opportunity?
    Just another Race ?
    LSR ?
    Easy sunday effort and a bit of a chat ?

PB opportunity for me.

statss wrote: »
    Targeting sub 1.40 so around 7.38 pace, all going well.

I would just taper next week no hard runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Just checking, did you all just receive a number and safety pins with no reference to what race they are for? I'm assuming the two numbers we received on Friday are for Bohermeen!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Just checking, did you all just receive a number and safety pins with no reference to what race they are for? I'm assuming the two numbers we received on Friday are for Bohermeen!

Yes, same here - with a Cork postmark.

It's great we can just proceed to the start line without checking in!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

2h 15 pacers will be going along at about 10 min 15 a mile, have you done any training at this pace and how does it feel? Wiser men than me have said if you can keep that clip up for about 6/7 miles in training you have a decent chance of staying with them.

Thanks for the advise, I did my 12miler today with the intention of doing the first 6 at around 10:15 pace, felt great at the end of the 6 so kept going, pace dropped slightly with a fair few hills but avg 12mile at 10:30 pace so was delighted and will follow the 2hr15 pacers, can't wait now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Just checking if anyone else didn't get their number yet as I have received anything yet. Anyone know if they are still sending them out and that it will be falling through the door tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

This race should reach its limit within the next 24 hours. If you're not in you can't run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

chinguetti wrote: »
    Just checking if anyone else didn't get their number yet as I have received anything yet. Anyone know if they are still sending them out and that it will be falling through the door tomorrow?

Mine showed up Friday, got an email letting me know it was posted earlier in the week.

I got mine Friday, also got a email if you registered before or on the 18 Feb it will be in the post if not you will have to collect it race day.

Thanks for the advise, I did my 12miler today with the intention of doing the first 6 at around 10:15 pace, felt great at the end of the 6 so kept going, pace dropped slightly with a fair few hills but avg 12mile at 10:30 pace so was delighted and will follow the 2hr15 pacers, can't wait now!

Well done Shortstuff, just take it easy this week keep your self well rested for the race

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Mine arrived Friday too - number 300 odd

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Really looking forward to this. Bohermeen AC events have always been superb. Im in two minds about how to go about Sunday. I have Barcelona Marathon on March 17th. Do I push this Sunday and try achieve a PB (my best at the half is 1.41.44)? Any advice would be welcome. Ideally I would have preferred the half to be yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Maybe the cat ate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Aimman wrote: »
    Maybe the cat ate it.

Nope he doesn't eat the mail unless its covered in tuna:D.

Checked with my bank and despite getting a confirmation email saying i'd entered, the money never left my account. So i've entered now i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

ac20 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Bohermeen AC events have always been superb. Im in two minds about how to go about Sunday. I have Barcelona Marathon on March 17th. Do I push this Sunday and try achieve a PB (my best at the half is 1.41.44)? Any advice would be welcome. Ideally I would have preferred the half to be yesterday.

Two weeks out is a bit tight for racing a half. There was a three week gap between the two races last year and I raced both. The general rule of thumb is a day recovery per mile, so there wouldn't be much to spare with the fortnight. You wouldn't want to tweak something. Maybe run the half at marathon pace? Tricky one to all. Best of luck either way

You enjoyed Barcelona so much you are back for more! Any more of the Drogheda crew travelling back this year? Barca at home this time or are you catching the B team again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Aimman wrote: »
    Maybe the cat ate it.

No, he's on a strict diet as he's aiming for a 1:29 in.Bohermeen! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Two weeks out is a bit tight for racing a half. There was a three week gap between the two races last year and I raced both. The general rule of thumb is a day recovery per mile, so there wouldn't be much to spare with the fortnight. You wouldn't want to tweak something. Maybe run the half at marathon pace? Tricky one to all. Best of luck either way

You enjoyed Barcelona so much you are back for more! Any more of the Drogheda crew travelling back this year? Barca at home this time or are you catching the B team again

Cheers for that advice, Yes I dont want to tweak anything.MP may be the best .
    Yep three of us going over. Ive got a ticket for the Nou Camp this time round so Im looking forward to that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

?auth=co&id=215941&part=1.2

Not long now until the Meath Spring Half Marathon and 5km. We hope you are looking forward to the day....

Some of you may have received your race number in the post, if you registered before the 18th of Feb. Do not worry if you have not received a race number in the post, as they will be handed out on the morning of the event.

any luck on getting a pacer on board for a time between 1.30 and 1.45?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Walsht

Yes pacer confirmed for 1.30, anyone that didn't get their numbers in the post can pick them up on race morning from 9.30 also don't forget to collect your tee shirt and goodie bag before the race. Soup tea coffee will be provided but also have a Jacket potatoe man coming at a reduced cost to Athletes and spectators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Walsht wrote: »
    a Jacket potatoe man.

Mr tayto?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck to everyone on Sunday. Will hopefully see some of you up there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

So, are we doing a 'target time table' for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RayCun: 81:29

**** knows how I'll run though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

RayCun wrote: »

That's the start of a list Ray, not a table!!;)

Belcarra: 92:59

tables always get broken. ask rom or robinph to set up a googledoc, then we'll talk :)

Statss: 99:59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

TRR: 89.30 (pacer)
    Statss: 99:59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic