Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon (Bohermeen) March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Walsht wrote: »
    We are on the lookout for more pacers, hope to confirm more soon.

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

A few of us from our club did our long run on the route yesterday which apart from missing one of the turns on the first loop we had a lovely run. In my opinion it is a pretty flat route with a slight incline over the motorway and then the only real hill when you turn the corner towards the end. There might be a gradual rise towards the finish but I didn't really notice it to be honest. Looking forward to giving the race a go in a couple of weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

just wondering. has the direction of the course changed from last year? i know i'm terrible at reading maps so it might be just that .... http://www.runningmap.com/?id=492431

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm in, my first HM. Have been training as best I can, and I'm looking forward to it. I've heard nothing but good feedback on this race.

Normally nervous before races (have done mainly 10k up to now), but will be crapping it before this one! Best lay off the Bran Flakes that morning lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

rodriquez wrote: »
    just wondering. has the direction of the course changed from last year? i know i'm terrible at reading maps so it might be just that .... http://www.runningmap.com/?id=492431

Somebody asked that on their facebook page and they said it was same route and direction as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

TRR wrote: »
    PM sent

I knew this race was good but a sub 65 pacer :eek: Incredible stuff;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Pronator wrote: »
    I knew this race was good but a sub 65 pacer :eek: Incredible stuff;)

The only way the words "sub 65" and "half marathon" can be associated with my name relates to the fact that yes I am under 65 years of age and could run a half marathon (don't think Gary or Joe could claim that honour ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

That maps showing the milage counters going in the opposite direction?
    We crossed the motorway twice near the end not the beginning.
    Plus we passed the clubhouse/finish just after the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Signed up for the 5km, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Signed up for this as my 1st half, looking forward to it but no idea what pace to go at, have been running my LSR at 12min miles, finding this pace really comfortable, like I could definitely keep going, chat etc... Have two 10milers done and will do 12 this weekend, any suggestions? Would following the 2hr15 pacers be a step too far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

Signed up for this as my 1st half, looking forward to it but no idea what pace to go at, have been running my LSR at 12min miles, finding this pace really comfortable, like I could definitely keep going, chat etc... Have two 10milers done and will do 12 this weekend, any suggestions? Would following the 2hr15 pacers be a step too far?

2h 15 pacers will be going along at about 10 min 15 a mile, have you done any training at this pace and how does it feel? Wiser men than me have said if you can keep that clip up for about 6/7 miles in training you have a decent chance of staying with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just wondering if they give out bottles of water at the water stations, rather than the cups?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

madon wrote: »
    That maps showing the milage counters going in the opposite direction?
    We crossed the motorway twice near the end not the beginning.
    Plus we passed the clubhouse/finish just after the start.

I was looking at it again and I think the mileage counters are counting down from 13.1 ... which would mean it's the same direction as last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just wondering if they give out bottles of water at the water stations, rather than the cups?
    Last year was small bottles of water. One water station was half way round the loop then 2nd one was at the end of the loop.

Q7 wrote: »
    Last year was small bottles of water. One water station was half way round the loop then 2nd one was at the end of the loop.

Perfect, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

Has anyone received their race pack yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Has anyone received their race pack yet?

Was wondering the same thing, on there website it did mention they have sent out the first 500 race packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

I was looking at it again and I think the mileage counters are counting down from 13.1 ... which would mean it's the same direction as last year ?

Yeah makes more sense!

Got my race number this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭miguelk

got mine this morning as well

Just got mine

• Advertisement

Me too! But not my wife's one strangely, even though we registered at the same time.

Roll on March 3rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Got mine also.

Better ease off the hard runs this week, by way of a slight taper.

Going to volunteer for the park run as opposed to banking out a hard 5K , day before a Half...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Lads,

Planning a prep run for this next Wednesday week. How many miles should I target at my planned place? 5?, 8?, 10?

statss wrote: »
    Lads,

Planning a prep run for this next Wednesday week. How many miles should I target at my planned place? 5?, 8?, 10?

Whats your planned pace?

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Whats your planned pace?

Targeting sub 1.40 so around 7.38 pace, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Got my pack this morning, I'm no. 501, no t-shirt again even though I entered last December.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

T-shirts were given out on the day last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just wondering, how are people treating this race?

PB opportunity?
    Just another Race ?
    LSR ?
    Easy sunday effort and a bit of a chat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Just wondering, how are people treating this race?

PB opportunity?
    Just another Race ?
    LSR ?
    Easy sunday effort and a bit of a chat ?

eyeballs out till i drop...

• Advertisement

all out race as prep for Conn full...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement